The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by tonton32

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Wait... what?

Cantona's back! Word to Uppie.

1zmi6g3.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really ugly win today by Inter, but 5 straight W's and now 6 points behind AC with a game in hand... movin' on up.
glasses.gif

Matrix seriously needs to retire.

Really ugly win today by Inter, but 5 straight W's and now 6 points behind AC with a game in hand... movin' on up.
glasses.gif

Matrix seriously needs to retire.

Wayne killin it in the WAG game. Way to bounce back my man. How long until Terry snogs her?

That pic of Cantona is just oozing with swag. Disgusting. It'll be very very interesting to see what the Cosmos can do if and when they make it to MLS. There are several clubs vying for that first real 'super club' title in MLS, but the league is doing its best to enforce the parity. Wonder if the Cosmos have what it takes to make that jump? Big if.

Wayne killin it in the WAG game. Way to bounce back my man. How long until Terry snogs her?

That pic of Cantona is just oozing with swag. Disgusting. It'll be very very interesting to see what the Cosmos can do if and when they make it to MLS. There are several clubs vying for that first real 'super club' title in MLS, but the league is doing its best to enforce the parity. Wonder if the Cosmos have what it takes to make that jump? Big if.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Anyone else notice that Sagna goal was basically a carbon copy of the goal he scored against Everton
laugh.gif
. Glad we got through and hopefully with our 4th round draw we don't have any issues in progressing to the 5th round. Wenger needs to stop messing around and get a CB. Is Koscielny and and Djourou supposed to play every game for a full 90 until the Barcelona game in Feb? Just bring someone in!
Wenger needs to stop being a cheap #+# and bring in Zapata or Sakho.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Anyone else notice that Sagna goal was basically a carbon copy of the goal he scored against Everton
laugh.gif
. Glad we got through and hopefully with our 4th round draw we don't have any issues in progressing to the 5th round. Wenger needs to stop messing around and get a CB. Is Koscielny and and Djourou supposed to play every game for a full 90 until the Barcelona game in Feb? Just bring someone in!
Wenger needs to stop being a cheap #+# and bring in Zapata or Sakho.

Sunderland favourites to sign Nicklas Bendtner

There were lots of rumours around yesterday that Arsene Wenger was offering the third-choice Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to clubs like West Ham and Newcastle for the sum of £15million, which seemed to anger his father (and agent) Thomas, who exclaimed: “If Arsenal wish to sell him and put a price on him, that’s up to them. All I can say is that we are not interested.

Sunderland favourites to sign Nicklas Bendtner

There were lots of rumours around yesterday that Arsene Wenger was offering the third-choice Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner to clubs like West Ham and Newcastle for the sum of £15million, which seemed to anger his father (and agent) Thomas, who exclaimed: “If Arsenal wish to sell him and put a price on him, that’s up to them. All I can say is that we are not interested.

From twitter - Qatar has offered Guardiola a blank cheque to become their national team's coach for the next 10 years, until the World Cup in 2022.

Anyone else heard about this?

[h1]Wenger marvels as Nasri's Zidanesque hips![/h1]
Arsene Wenger last night claimed Samir Nasri has got the same magic hips as Zinedine Zidane.

Wenger also has no doubt that in-form midfielder Nasri will stay at Arsenal even though he has yet to sign a new contract.

Nasri, 23, has been dubbed the new Zidane in France because they both have Algerian heritage but Wenger also sees big similarities in their styles.

Arsenal boss Wenger said: "The flexibility of his hips is similar to Zidane, but Zidane was a different player. Zidane was more a guy who creates openings through his skill, Nasri is more direct.

p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif
fp.gif

"He is a player who has a little bit a guy who likes to run with the ball. Cesc Fabregas is a passer of the ball, Nasri is a guy who is more half winger, a wing midfielder. He has his own style but he is quick and tricky and very flexible.

"I believe Nasri has improved his numbers. It is not only an impression, it is an impression confirmed by the facts.

"That means the goals he has scored and the number of influences he has had on games has become much stronger.

"We can all speak and speak and speak and have our own opinion but at the end of the day the numbers are real. Nasri has 14 goals, last year he got three, so there is a massive improvement there."

Wenger says he first saw similarities between Nasri and Wayne Rooney when he first watched the French international break into the Marseille first team at 17.

Wenger, who signed Nasri from Marseille in 2008, said: "A player who starts at 17 years old who starts in the first-team and has an impact like Rooney had it was a bit similar. Not style wise.

"Sometimes for these players it is not easy because in Marseille and the south of France they worship the players. What I like about him is that he has kept his feet on the ground. He is very humble."

Nasri only has 18 months left on his contract and Wenger has insisted they will not announce a new deal until the summer but is convinced he will stay after having discussions.

Wenger added: "I am a good poker player. I am confident because I believe that he knows he is doing well here, he is in a big club. Why should he want to leave?

"And I told you already that the recent numbers as well have shown that the players who stay at the club where they are successful and have a bigger career than the players who move every two years.

"I've tried to tell him that. Not only that but that as well. He knows that."

Nasri has been Arsenal's best player this season, stealing the limelight from captain Fabregas and he will face Wigan today on the back of another man of the match display at Leeds in the FA Cup.

Wenger's men are hoping to turn up the heat at the top of the table and Arsenal are now hoping their defensive injury problems are nearing an end.

Sebastien Squillaci is just over a week away from returning after a hamstring problem, Thomas Vermaelen is to return within six weeks and Johan Djourou and Laurent Koscielny have impressed during their absence.

Wenger is still under pressure to buy and hinted yesterday that he has made enquiries about Bolton's Gary Cahill, although the sky-high price means that is unlikely in January and Blackburn stopper Christopher Samba is a cheaper option.

Wenger added: "I think Gary Cahill is a very good player, but I cannot tell you more. We like to keep our transfer negotiations always very secret, because it puts more pressure on when you go public.

"I didn't ask about his price. I don't know how much he costs. If you look at the transfer prices in England, the inflation is still there. They have added the VAT to all the prices. They are very expensive - look at Darren Bent!"

Via | http://www.mirrorfootball...enger-article678083.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register

From twitter - Qatar has offered Guardiola a blank cheque to become their national team's coach for the next 10 years, until the World Cup in 2022.

Anyone else heard about this?

[h1]Wenger marvels as Nasri's Zidanesque hips![/h1]
Arsene Wenger last night claimed Samir Nasri has got the same magic hips as Zinedine Zidane.

Wenger also has no doubt that in-form midfielder Nasri will stay at Arsenal even though he has yet to sign a new contract.

Nasri, 23, has been dubbed the new Zidane in France because they both have Algerian heritage but Wenger also sees big similarities in their styles.

Arsenal boss Wenger said: "The flexibility of his hips is similar to Zidane, but Zidane was a different player. Zidane was more a guy who creates openings through his skill, Nasri is more direct.

p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif
fp.gif

"He is a player who has a little bit a guy who likes to run with the ball. Cesc Fabregas is a passer of the ball, Nasri is a guy who is more half winger, a wing midfielder. He has his own style but he is quick and tricky and very flexible.

"I believe Nasri has improved his numbers. It is not only an impression, it is an impression confirmed by the facts.

"That means the goals he has scored and the number of influences he has had on games has become much stronger.

"We can all speak and speak and speak and have our own opinion but at the end of the day the numbers are real. Nasri has 14 goals, last year he got three, so there is a massive improvement there."

Wenger says he first saw similarities between Nasri and Wayne Rooney when he first watched the French international break into the Marseille first team at 17.

Wenger, who signed Nasri from Marseille in 2008, said: "A player who starts at 17 years old who starts in the first-team and has an impact like Rooney had it was a bit similar. Not style wise.

"Sometimes for these players it is not easy because in Marseille and the south of France they worship the players. What I like about him is that he has kept his feet on the ground. He is very humble."

Nasri only has 18 months left on his contract and Wenger has insisted they will not announce a new deal until the summer but is convinced he will stay after having discussions.

Wenger added: "I am a good poker player. I am confident because I believe that he knows he is doing well here, he is in a big club. Why should he want to leave?

"And I told you already that the recent numbers as well have shown that the players who stay at the club where they are successful and have a bigger career than the players who move every two years.

"I've tried to tell him that. Not only that but that as well. He knows that."

Nasri has been Arsenal's best player this season, stealing the limelight from captain Fabregas and he will face Wigan today on the back of another man of the match display at Leeds in the FA Cup.

Wenger's men are hoping to turn up the heat at the top of the table and Arsenal are now hoping their defensive injury problems are nearing an end.

Sebastien Squillaci is just over a week away from returning after a hamstring problem, Thomas Vermaelen is to return within six weeks and Johan Djourou and Laurent Koscielny have impressed during their absence.

Wenger is still under pressure to buy and hinted yesterday that he has made enquiries about Bolton's Gary Cahill, although the sky-high price means that is unlikely in January and Blackburn stopper Christopher Samba is a cheaper option.

Wenger added: "I think Gary Cahill is a very good player, but I cannot tell you more. We like to keep our transfer negotiations always very secret, because it puts more pressure on when you go public.

"I didn't ask about his price. I don't know how much he costs. If you look at the transfer prices in England, the inflation is still there. They have added the VAT to all the prices. They are very expensive - look at Darren Bent!"

Via | http://www.mirrorfootball...enger-article678083.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/profile/?uAction=register

Anyone else enjoying the drama at the Bernebeu these days? Mourinho is asking the club for more cash to reinforce the squad and Valdano basically told him to $#$+ off
pimp.gif

Word is they're close to bringing RVN back. Would be a good cheap addition for them.

Wenger's slow +$% may decide at the end of the month that all the CBs on the market are over-priced and then not sign anyone in the end. Knowing Wenger he'll just move Song to CB and start Diaby or Denilson in CM
indifferent.gif

It'd be so sick though if Wenger is able to fleece another club into spending 10+ million for Bedwetter
pimp.gif

Anyone else enjoying the drama at the Bernebeu these days? Mourinho is asking the club for more cash to reinforce the squad and Valdano basically told him to $#$+ off
pimp.gif

Word is they're close to bringing RVN back. Would be a good cheap addition for them.

Wenger's slow +$% may decide at the end of the month that all the CBs on the market are over-priced and then not sign anyone in the end. Knowing Wenger he'll just move Song to CB and start Diaby or Denilson in CM
indifferent.gif

It'd be so sick though if Wenger is able to fleece another club into spending 10+ million for Bedwetter
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom