The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Dempsey with 2 goals today. Brings his premier league total to 8. He has never scored more than 9 and we are just barely halfway through the season. I could definitely see him making a move to a better team (pool?) this summer, I don't think his stock will ever be higher.

Spector with a goal too! His first premier league goal of his career. Kudos to Grant for moving him to midfield where he has really shown well. The dude is just not a right back
laugh.gif

I would like to see a few American guys go to bigger clubs. I can see Dempsey and Michael Bradley having a role on a bigger club than they are currently on. I wish Landon moved over seas permanently also. I'm all for the growth of the MLS but more importantly is the success of the USMNT and if everyone is playing consistently on big clubs(playing, not constantly sitting on the bench) that can only help.

I would like to see a few American guys go to bigger clubs. I can see Dempsey and Michael Bradley having a role on a bigger club than they are currently on. I wish Landon moved over seas permanently also. I'm all for the growth of the MLS but more importantly is the success of the USMNT and if everyone is playing consistently on big clubs(playing, not constantly sitting on the bench) that can only help.

This guy is on fire!  3 hat-tricks this season already!?
Rooney came close but is looking a lot sharper match by match...

Giggsy also scored a nice goal from Rooney too... 

b0d90eea49d0c3b583804b09a531413e-getty-fbl-eng-pr-man-utd-birmingham.jpg

This guy is on fire!  3 hat-tricks this season already!?
Rooney came close but is looking a lot sharper match by match...

b0d90eea49d0c3b583804b09a531413e-getty-fbl-eng-pr-man-utd-birmingham.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

i think his goal was the best...
pimp.gif
 great technique shown from the veteran - he could've ballooned that ball way over the bar... 
and great play from Berba to win the ball and then linking up with Rooney...

Nani's left-footer was good too...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

i think his goal was the best...
pimp.gif
 great technique shown from the veteran - he could've ballooned that ball way over the bar... 
and great play from Berba to win the ball and then linking up with Rooney...

Nani's left-footer was good too...

I dont think Mourinho is going to leave after just 1 season but if he does I can see him joining Man City. They're the only club that would match the contract Real gave him and they'd basically let him bring in whoever he wants.

How stupid would he look though for complaining about lack of funds after the club spent hundreds of millions to improve the team? If we are to believe reports, Real would rather wait until the summer to sign an expensive striker so Mourinho's mind could change by then.

I dont think Mourinho is going to leave after just 1 season but if he does I can see him joining Man City. They're the only club that would match the contract Real gave him and they'd basically let him bring in whoever he wants.

How stupid would he look though for complaining about lack of funds after the club spent hundreds of millions to improve the team? If we are to believe reports, Real would rather wait until the summer to sign an expensive striker so Mourinho's mind could change by then.

we all know he wants that Utd job so for the sake of football,let's hope he stays with Real until Sir Alex retires...

we all know he wants that Utd job so for the sake of football,let's hope he stays with Real until Sir Alex retires...

Pienaar didn't look very sharp in his Spurs debut. Aaron Lennon has been clutch for Tottenham, kid is so damn fast. 
I don't have a problem with Madrid buying a striker in the summer transfer window as opposed to now, but how do we expect to compete with Barca in La Liga (4 points back), the Copa, and CL (Utd in fine form) with an injured Higuain and Benzema lacking confidence. The scoring burden has been too heavy on Ronaldo all season long. I've had a hunch for a while that Mourinho would make a move to Inter and maybe now City. "The Special One" has had constant difficulties with general director Jorge Valdano and president Florentino Perez. Word is Mourinho is preparing a large bid for Drogba which would be sick IMO. I think the Ivorian has enough left in the tank at 32 years-old. 

Pienaar didn't look very sharp in his Spurs debut. Aaron Lennon has been clutch for Tottenham, kid is so damn fast. 
I don't have a problem with Madrid buying a striker in the summer transfer window as opposed to now, but how do we expect to compete with Barca in La Liga (4 points back), the Copa, and CL (Utd in fine form) with an injured Higuain and Benzema lacking confidence. The scoring burden has been too heavy on Ronaldo all season long. I've had a hunch for a while that Mourinho would make a move to Inter and maybe now City. "The Special One" has had constant difficulties with general director Jorge Valdano and president Florentino Perez. Word is Mourinho is preparing a large bid for Drogba which would be sick IMO. I think the Ivorian has enough left in the tank at 32 years-old. 

Back
Top Bottom