The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Good ol' Mancini... parking the bus.
laugh.gif

Loving the title race this year in England.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Man City are a joke. How you gonna spend hundreds of millions of pounds just to park the bus for 90 minutes?

Wenger with his clueless substitutions as usual. Lazy a.ss Arshavin on for Walcott and subbing on Bendtner to use him as a LW? What kind of nonsense is that?

Usually I am ecstatic when Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham lose but this draw feels like a loss. We dominated for 90 minutes at home against the 2nd ranked team in the league and came away with nothing
mad.gif
I'm a Barca fan, but I still root for Arsenal to win the Premier League cause a) I can't stand Chel$ea or Man U and b) you guys have exciting players like Fab, Nasri, etc. Too bad Wenger is incompetent and cheap as @#$%
sick.gif
what makes me mad are his usual justifications/excuses for his failures...Didn't he mention recently that he's gonna prove you can be successful by being cheap
laugh.gif

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, I think Man U is most likely gonna win the Premier League. Not because they're undefeated, but because the other teams in the running are way too inconsistent this year

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Man City are a joke. How you gonna spend hundreds of millions of pounds just to park the bus for 90 minutes?

Wenger with his clueless substitutions as usual. Lazy a.ss Arshavin on for Walcott and subbing on Bendtner to use him as a LW? What kind of nonsense is that?

Usually I am ecstatic when Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham lose but this draw feels like a loss. We dominated for 90 minutes at home against the 2nd ranked team in the league and came away with nothing
mad.gif
I'm a Barca fan, but I still root for Arsenal to win the Premier League cause a) I can't stand Chel$ea or Man U and b) you guys have exciting players like Fab, Nasri, etc. Too bad Wenger is incompetent and cheap as @#$%
sick.gif
what makes me mad are his usual justifications/excuses for his failures...Didn't he mention recently that he's gonna prove you can be successful by being cheap
laugh.gif

Honestly as much as I hate to admit it, I think Man U is most likely gonna win the Premier League. Not because they're undefeated, but because the other teams in the running are way too inconsistent this year

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

laugh.gif

What race?
frown.gif

Man Utd havent even gotten out of 1st gear yet and comfortably sit atop of the table.

Man City spent all that money to be a boring, dysfunctional, defensive team. You best believe these bums are gonna drop more points along the way.

Arsenal are Arsenal
mad.gif

Chelsea are finished for this season.

Unless something drastic happens it looks like Man Utd are gonna run away with the title this season.

Originally Posted by Oskar Kokoshka

laugh.gif

What race?
frown.gif

Man Utd havent even gotten out of 1st gear yet and comfortably sit atop of the table.

Man City spent all that money to be a boring, dysfunctional, defensive team. You best believe these bums are gonna drop more points along the way.

Arsenal are Arsenal
mad.gif

Chelsea are finished for this season.

Unless something drastic happens it looks like Man Utd are gonna run away with the title this season.

Man U. has to be the happiest side right now watching Chelsea self-destruct against Wolves. Ancelotti is gone, Roman won't stand for 9 points off the top. Interesting to see what the Blues do in this present transfer window. I have a gut feeling Ashley Cole is leaving Stamford Bridge soon as well.
Same old story with Arsenal in my opinion, dominating possession with precision passing yet no killer finish or ultimate result. Close doesn't cut it in the EPL and this was a big game in hopes of catching United. I'm not quite sure how the Gunners get away with Fabianski, Koscielny, Djourou, and Squillaci in the back. When is Vermaelen expected back?

That double red for Zabaleta and Sagna was ridiculous. Way too harsh at that juncture of the game.

First thing I want to say about City is the Toure brothers are GROWN *+$ MEN. Both are physical on the ball and solid defensively. Pushing Yaya up the pitch on counter attacks has proven to be beneficial all season long. He was one of the few City players who showed productivity offensively along with Tevez and Adam Johnson (for a short stretch). Kompany and Hart impressed much of the game. Richards is a strong kid and make a couple nice runs but I find he's out of position at times and luckily Milner tracked back to fill space. Is anyone convinced Kolarov is the sure first-choice LB over Zabaleta or Boateng? Overall, typical Mancini with the conservative and extremely defensive Italian approach to not concede. I have no trouble with the style or result, but at some point you have to get after it and challenge Koscielny and Djourou more in the middle. Jo in the starting 11 was questionable, that's Adam Johnson's spot to me. We'll see what kind of impact the Bosnian Bomber can have on City's title hopes and I'm assuming Mancini will play Dzeko with Tevez on the pitch. How will he do it though, Dzeko lone up top with Tevez playing behind him?  

Man U. has to be the happiest side right now watching Chelsea self-destruct against Wolves. Ancelotti is gone, Roman won't stand for 9 points off the top. Interesting to see what the Blues do in this present transfer window. I have a gut feeling Ashley Cole is leaving Stamford Bridge soon as well.
Same old story with Arsenal in my opinion, dominating possession with precision passing yet no killer finish or ultimate result. Close doesn't cut it in the EPL and this was a big game in hopes of catching United. I'm not quite sure how the Gunners get away with Fabianski, Koscielny, Djourou, and Squillaci in the back. When is Vermaelen expected back?

That double red for Zabaleta and Sagna was ridiculous. Way too harsh at that juncture of the game.

First thing I want to say about City is the Toure brothers are GROWN *+$ MEN. Both are physical on the ball and solid defensively. Pushing Yaya up the pitch on counter attacks has proven to be beneficial all season long. He was one of the few City players who showed productivity offensively along with Tevez and Adam Johnson (for a short stretch). Kompany and Hart impressed much of the game. Richards is a strong kid and make a couple nice runs but I find he's out of position at times and luckily Milner tracked back to fill space. Is anyone convinced Kolarov is the sure first-choice LB over Zabaleta or Boateng? Overall, typical Mancini with the conservative and extremely defensive Italian approach to not concede. I have no trouble with the style or result, but at some point you have to get after it and challenge Koscielny and Djourou more in the middle. Jo in the starting 11 was questionable, that's Adam Johnson's spot to me. We'll see what kind of impact the Bosnian Bomber can have on City's title hopes and I'm assuming Mancini will play Dzeko with Tevez on the pitch. How will he do it though, Dzeko lone up top with Tevez playing behind him?  

Also, Arshavin looks to have NO confidence on the pitch and Arsenal fans have clearly lost support for the Russian international. I would have left Walcott on, his pace could have made a difference particularly later in the game with consideration to fatigue and other aspects of conditioning. 
I didn't get the Bendtner substitution either, assuming Chamakh is fit why not him for Wilshere and push RVP to LW? 

Also, Arshavin looks to have NO confidence on the pitch and Arsenal fans have clearly lost support for the Russian international. I would have left Walcott on, his pace could have made a difference particularly later in the game with consideration to fatigue and other aspects of conditioning. 
I didn't get the Bendtner substitution either, assuming Chamakh is fit why not him for Wilshere and push RVP to LW? 

Damn! I feel like we deserved the 3 points today, but that what happens when you dont finish off your chances early (Also it doesnt help when the opposing team is playing a 9-0-1 formation.) Just an unlucky day today. I dont get Wenger's subs though, Theo should have been kept on and Arshavin should have been left in the locker room. I mean when was the last time bringing him on late helped anything!? I honestly cant remember....
30t6p3b.gif

Damn! I feel like we deserved the 3 points today, but that what happens when you dont finish off your chances early (Also it doesnt help when the opposing team is playing a 9-0-1 formation.) Just an unlucky day today. I dont get Wenger's subs though, Theo should have been kept on and Arshavin should have been left in the locker room. I mean when was the last time bringing him on late helped anything!? I honestly cant remember....
30t6p3b.gif

Tough day for Arsenal. I think Utd def has the best shot to take the title this year. The only thing saving Arsenal is that they are done with Chelsea and City and have one with Utd and Spurs left. Utd. still has Chelsea twice and the other contenders for one left. I still think they could drop pts along the way but will Arsenal make them pay? Probably not if I were to guess but I hope we can at least make it a race down the stretch. I still think Chelsea will get it together and make it tough for the rest of the top teams they have left. I doubt they can win the title now though obviously.

Tough day for Arsenal. I think Utd def has the best shot to take the title this year. The only thing saving Arsenal is that they are done with Chelsea and City and have one with Utd and Spurs left. Utd. still has Chelsea twice and the other contenders for one left. I still think they could drop pts along the way but will Arsenal make them pay? Probably not if I were to guess but I hope we can at least make it a race down the stretch. I still think Chelsea will get it together and make it tough for the rest of the top teams they have left. I doubt they can win the title now though obviously.

Man City shots on goal = 0
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But on a lighter note... Alex Song's new hairdo.

3279159505-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-manchester-city-emirates-stadium.jpg

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My man's hair x beard combo is E-P-I-C!
laugh.gif

Man City shots on goal = 0
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

But on a lighter note... Alex Song's new hairdo.

3279159505-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-manchester-city-emirates-stadium.jpg

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My man's hair x beard combo is E-P-I-C!
laugh.gif

ChampCruThik wrote:

Yeah, Yaya Toure is by far the best midfielder in the EPL this season in my opinion.  Big lad, puts himself about but can thread a pass and has a really high footballing IQ.  You wouldn't think it when you see him lumbering around the pitch...great signing though. 
People cut down city because of the spending, which is natural.  The owners have to do this in the immediate term to see any ROI.  It was the same with Chelsea, but now they've miraculously become part of the footballing elite (after being rejected on more than one occasion by the G14).  Perspective is needed.  This is their short term business model, and it will work.  They just need to offload the infectious negative players like Balotelli, Tevez, Ade et. al. and they'll be fine.  Also, I don't think there is any shame in playing defense first when you're away versus your closest rivals.  Certainly, City could do with a midfield creator, but they're limited with injuries, hence Jo's start. 

Good day for United.  Now they just have to click and begin rolling.  Yesterday was not pretty.

ChampCruThik wrote:

Yeah, Yaya Toure is by far the best midfielder in the EPL this season in my opinion.  Big lad, puts himself about but can thread a pass and has a really high footballing IQ.  You wouldn't think it when you see him lumbering around the pitch...great signing though. 
People cut down city because of the spending, which is natural.  The owners have to do this in the immediate term to see any ROI.  It was the same with Chelsea, but now they've miraculously become part of the footballing elite (after being rejected on more than one occasion by the G14).  Perspective is needed.  This is their short term business model, and it will work.  They just need to offload the infectious negative players like Balotelli, Tevez, Ade et. al. and they'll be fine.  Also, I don't think there is any shame in playing defense first when you're away versus your closest rivals.  Certainly, City could do with a midfield creator, but they're limited with injuries, hence Jo's start. 

Good day for United.  Now they just have to click and begin rolling.  Yesterday was not pretty.

Back
Top Bottom