The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by Demps

I know most if not all in here do not care about mls but...

timesquare.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the thing is...they are so far away from being back. they have no stadium or legitimate stadium plans, no concrete ownership group or funding, and nothing close to a team. they have some big names involved and a name with some history but thats about it. like what are they advertising for with this building sized ad? it's going to be a while before they're in MLS.

Originally Posted by Demps

I know most if not all in here do not care about mls but...

timesquare.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

the thing is...they are so far away from being back. they have no stadium or legitimate stadium plans, no concrete ownership group or funding, and nothing close to a team. they have some big names involved and a name with some history but thats about it. like what are they advertising for with this building sized ad? it's going to be a while before they're in MLS.

Even if the Cosmo's don't become an mls team for another 2 or 3 years....

images
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
images

Even if the Cosmo's don't become an mls team for another 2 or 3 years....

images
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
images

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

0,,10268%7E9382107,00.jpg

laugh.gif
I have a feeling I will see a lot more Chelsea "fans" now.
*raises hand*

Honestly I didn't know how to feel about this at first. One of my favorite athletes going to one of my least favorite clubs. I'm bout to go HAM when FIFA updates rosters though.
laugh.gif
One of my favorite strikers going to my favorite club.  Hopefully he can find his form from his pre-injury days.

El Nino
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

0,,10268%7E9382107,00.jpg

laugh.gif
I have a feeling I will see a lot more Chelsea "fans" now.
*raises hand*

Honestly I didn't know how to feel about this at first. One of my favorite athletes going to one of my least favorite clubs. I'm bout to go HAM when FIFA updates rosters though.
laugh.gif
One of my favorite strikers going to my favorite club.  Hopefully he can find his form from his pre-injury days.

El Nino
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gary Neville retires from football
Manchester United defender Gary Neville has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old has made more than 600 appearances for the Old Trafford outfit after joining in July 1991, winning eight Premier League trophies, three FA Cups, two League Cups, the Champions League, Intercontinental Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

"I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I've ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it's knowing when that time is and for me that time is now," he told the Red Devils' official website.

"I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to have been part of the team's achievements and the club's great success.

"There are so many people I want to thank and, of course, top of that list is Sir Alex [Ferguson]. He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years - he is truly one of the greatest managers - and I have to thank him for that."

Neville became club captain in 2005 and scored seven goals for United, the last of them back in November 2004 in a Champions League game against Lyon at Old Trafford.

The full-back also won 85 caps for England, playing at the 1998 and 2002 World Cups and 1996, 2000 and 2004 European Championships.

More to follow.

Gary Neville retires from football
Manchester United defender Gary Neville has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old has made more than 600 appearances for the Old Trafford outfit after joining in July 1991, winning eight Premier League trophies, three FA Cups, two League Cups, the Champions League, Intercontinental Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

"I have been a Manchester United fan all my life and fulfilled every dream I've ever had. Obviously I am disappointed that my playing days are at an end, however it comes to us all, and it's knowing when that time is and for me that time is now," he told the Red Devils' official website.

"I have played in the most incredible football teams, playing with some of the best players in the world as well as against them and I have been lucky to have been part of the team's achievements and the club's great success.

"There are so many people I want to thank and, of course, top of that list is Sir Alex [Ferguson]. He has given me so many opportunities and countless support over the last 20 years - he is truly one of the greatest managers - and I have to thank him for that."

Neville became club captain in 2005 and scored seven goals for United, the last of them back in November 2004 in a Champions League game against Lyon at Old Trafford.

The full-back also won 85 caps for England, playing at the 1998 and 2002 World Cups and 1996, 2000 and 2004 European Championships.

More to follow.

Looks like Wenger is going to bring Sakho to the Emirates in the summer since Sakho has made it clear he doesn't want to sign an extension.

£12.7 million is what they expect us to pay. Hope this is true, he is a monster and super young.

Looks like Wenger is going to bring Sakho to the Emirates in the summer since Sakho has made it clear he doesn't want to sign an extension.

£12.7 million is what they expect us to pay. Hope this is true, he is a monster and super young.

micah richards of man city got $(#*ED up in the first half of the game today, as well as de jong but dejong is back on the pitch heavily medicated i'd imagine

i think micah was knocked out cold i hope hes alright because it was nasty

micah richards of man city got $(#*ED up in the first half of the game today, as well as de jong but dejong is back on the pitch heavily medicated i'd imagine

God I hope so. He is going to be a beast and a Sakho-Vermaelen defensive partnership is salivating.

God I hope so. He is going to be a beast and a Sakho-Vermaelen defensive partnership is salivating.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

What exactly happened?  Clash of heads?  I saw something like 7mins of injury time for the 1st half.

What exactly happened?  Clash of heads?  I saw something like 7mins of injury time for the 1st half.

Originally Posted by hoosiers4life

If this kid is what's he's cracked up to be, you can bet Arsenal will have competition.  Right now its all if and buts, however, should a team like Madrid, Inter, Juventus or even Barcelona feel the need to strengthen, then the fee will go up.  Add this to Chelsea's need for central defenders, and if this new experiment goes not as planned, they'll be in for him too. 

I chat football on other boards (with what I'm assuming to be older posters) and the attitude of Arsenal fans is the same over there.  Its weird.  There is optimism to spare, then they all lament Wenger with things don't go as planned.  Its crazy. Not knocking anyone, but its just interesting to see how almost all their supporters have the same reactions to everything. 

If this kid is what's he's cracked up to be, you can bet Arsenal will have competition.  Right now its all if and buts, however, should a team like Madrid, Inter, Juventus or even Barcelona feel the need to strengthen, then the fee will go up.  Add this to Chelsea's need for central defenders, and if this new experiment goes not as planned, they'll be in for him too. 

I chat football on other boards (with what I'm assuming to be older posters) and the attitude of Arsenal fans is the same over there.  Its weird.  There is optimism to spare, then they all lament Wenger with things don't go as planned.  Its crazy. Not knocking anyone, but its just interesting to see how almost all their supporters have the same reactions to everything. 

Originally Posted by SinnerP

found a vid not good quality though and its not letting me embed

link

i guess richards wasnt knocked out right away but when they put him on the strecher he wasnt really moving

Originally Posted by SinnerP

found a vid not good quality though and its not letting me embed

link

i guess richards wasnt knocked out right away but when they put him on the strecher he wasnt really moving

was watching sportsnation and they showed wayne rooneys goals from yesterday and colin cowherd said "aushtin veela" instead of aston villa

i wish the game of soccer was more popular in the states

was watching sportsnation and they showed wayne rooneys goals from yesterday and colin cowherd said "aushtin veela" instead of aston villa

i wish the game of soccer was more popular in the states

Originally Posted by forwardlean

Have you seen Sakho play? He's only 20 years old and he's the captain of PSG. He is a monster, very strong, powerful in air, can shoot pretty well too. He has showed his admiration for Wenger and claims he would love to play at Arsenal seeing alot of the French national squad play for us. I think there will be competition but you can believe they will get a verbal contract from him and his agent prior to seal things up early and sign him right away in the summer and get him in asap. Him and Verminator in the back line would be disgusting, even nastier would be Lloris in goal
sick.gif

Originally Posted by forwardlean

Have you seen Sakho play? He's only 20 years old and he's the captain of PSG. He is a monster, very strong, powerful in air, can shoot pretty well too. He has showed his admiration for Wenger and claims he would love to play at Arsenal seeing alot of the French national squad play for us. I think there will be competition but you can believe they will get a verbal contract from him and his agent prior to seal things up early and sign him right away in the summer and get him in asap. Him and Verminator in the back line would be disgusting, even nastier would be Lloris in goal
sick.gif

Suarez scored in his Liverpool debut, can't wait for Sunday should be a firecracker 
smokin.gif

I've been saying for a while that Lloris to Arsenal is inevitable. Just a matter of Wenger putting up the $. Lloris (24) + Sakho (20) and Gunners won't have to worry about winning trophies. 

I can't even talk about the loss to Osasuna. Adebayor's debut was uninspiring and I knew the scoring burden on Ronaldo would eventually catch up to us. Seven points behind Barca with the Clasico showdown looming April 17th at the Bernabeu. Let's hope Los Blancos end the seventeen-year drought in the Copa Final against our rivals and exact revenge in the CL versus OL. 

I hate to say it but Mourinho's departure is inevitable to either Utd, City, or Inter. 

Back
Top Bottom