The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Didier Drogba has turned down a new one-year deal with Chelsea, and his agent has revealed the Ivorian will "go where he is offered the most money".

-Milan chief Galliani cools Drogba talk

Drogba is into the final year of his contract at Stamford Bridge, and at 33 years of age it is believed he will walk away from Chelsea.

The powerful forward has spent over seven years with the Blues and has been offered the chance, potentially, to see out his career in west London.

However, Drogba's first-team chances are under increasing threat with the emergence of Daniel Sturridge, in addition to the £50 million arrival of Fernando Torres back in January, and his agent says a one-year deal does not match the player's demands.

"Didier has had the offer of a one-year extension from Chelsea. That does not suit us," Thierno Seydi told The Sun. "We know what we want, where we want to go and what offers we have.

"AC Milan came in for Didier on loan with an option to buy but I said 'no' straight away. Their offer did not interest us. At Didier's age, he has nothing left to prove as a player. He will go where he is offered the most money. It could be the United States, Russia, Qatar or somewhere else in Asia.

"Once you are well into your 30s you have to go to a club where you can be certain you'll be able to pay your bills. LA Galaxy are a possibility among many others. He has been linked with Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia, as they pay well. But neither Didier nor I have had an offer from them."

frown.gif

If it has to be, please let it be LA over Russia. Although I'm certain they can't match the $$$.

City/Arsenal and Liverpool/Chelsea today in Carling Cup action. I would love to see AVB unleash a 442 with Oriol and McEachran pairing in the middle of the park and a Lukaku-Sturridge pairing up top. I just think that if we are going to give AVB the benefit of the doubt and trust in his vision for the future, then we will also need to see him show more of a commitment toward the youth and see some of the talented youngsters get vital minutes outside of the reserves.

Originally Posted by engoi

We'll see what Kubo is worth in 7 or 8 years.
So many were considered the next big thing (hello Freddy Adu !).
Exactly. The kid could be as good or better than Messi was at the same age, but there's no way to predict whether his development will continue on the same path. 
It's a fun little story, but until he's 14 or 15 I wouldn't really take any predictions of his future seriously.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

anyone have a gif. or a video of gareth bale and emmanual adebayor's celebration?
anyone? I couldn't find it either but heard it was funny.

Arsenal looking sharp out there....

City has so much damn strength on the bench though....

8min in...and Aguero was warming up on the side...smh lol

Finally seeing those Barca lead passes that the team is known for 
pimp.gif

Alexis Sanchez
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Xavi
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
His awareness is unreal, didn't even look or hesitate when he flicked the ball back for the assist

Finally, a Villa goal...

I really wish Park would have put that golden chance away early on. The defense held their overpriced forwards *cough* Na$ri *cough* in check for pretty much the whole game minus the counter where we were exposed. Squid did pretty well surprisingly and Kosh is fast becoming a flat out beast of a CB, he reads the game soo well.I'm proud of the youngsters for their effort today. Coquelin, Frimpong, Ox and Miquel gave them a game I love their fight. On to the next game.

That was a great game, I truly enjoyed watching it! We really outplayed them, that one counter is what got us. We had some good chances, some which should have gone in...Chamakh, we all saw Wengers and RvPs reaction. It was question whether he was sick during the game. Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko, pretty sure their playing time combined is more than our starting XI today. OX, Pong, Miquel and Coquelin did a damn good job, can't wait to see more of them. It's a shame Ryo is injured. Kos is great and JD was solid too.

Word on Twitter is that Nasri punched Frimpong while in the tunnel and ran away to the dressing room. Frimpong had tweeted in the past that he didn't like Nasri and they seemed to have gotten into it and the end of the match on the pitch.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

That was a great game, I truly enjoyed watching it! We really outplayed them, that one counter is what got us. We had some good chances, some which should have gone in...Chamakh, we all saw Wengers and RvPs reaction. It was question whether he was sick during the game. Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko, pretty sure their playing time combined is more than our starting XI today. OX, Pong, Miquel and Coquelin did a damn good job, can't wait to see more of them. It's a shame Ryo is injured. Kos is great and JD was solid too.

Word on Twitter is that Nasri punched Frimpong while in the tunnel and ran away to the dressing room. Frimpong had tweeted in the past that he didn't like Nasri and they seemed to have gotten into it and the end of the match on the pitch.

laugh.gif
we all know that the Lesbian doesn't want it with Frimpong. Yes Na$ri was pointing at the tunnel but he would get handled. Frimpong's aggressiveness is a issue at times but today it was prefect and he outplayed De Jong in the middle.He gave Nasri hell everytime he touched the ball, I loved it.

When did Arsenal become a team that's praised for moral victories?
laugh.gif

Don't come at me Gunner bros, just interesting how quickly things have evolved.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I honestly have nothing to say about Chelsea.

me neither. all i can do is 
indifferent.gif
No one care about the Carling Cup though, they should be able to pull 3 points from Newcastle this weekend. I see the Top 4 as Man-City/Utd Spurs and Chelsea. & if they Chelsea dont qualify for the Champions League good riddance to AVB.
sick.gif

morelia vs santos on azteca america..good game so far.

!$%*%@# golazoo..
pimp.gif
at sanchez getting scored on..

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I honestly have nothing to say about Chelsea.

me neither. all i can do is 
indifferent.gif
No one care about the Carling Cup though, they should be able to pull 3 points from Newcastle this weekend. I see the Top 4 as Man-City/Utd Spurs and Chelsea. & if they Chelsea dont qualify for the Champions League good riddance to AVB.
sick.gif

Not sure I agree at all with this. Newcastle never look great but always get the job done at home. Waiting on Santon to debut
pimp.gif
. If Chelsea do get the 3 points at St. James, that's a huge result. Absolutely huge. You have a lunch time kick off with Newcastle coming on an immense result against Man Utd.

Should AVB really be fired if they don't finish top 4 this season? I mean to me it depends on the January window. The managerial position at Chelsea is so unstable and they need to do something to stabilize it. It is clear that AVB doesn't have the personnel he wants to run his 4-3-3 system. As I've previously said, Sturridge out on the wing with Bosingwa behind him is a recipe for disaster.

Spurs, in Europa League 
laugh.gif
Harry really doesn't care.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

When did Arsenal become a team that's praised for moral victories?
laugh.gif

Don't come at me Gunner bros, just interesting how quickly things have evolved.
Just out of curiosity, did you look at the lineups?

Back
Top Bottom