The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I know it was the Carling Cup and I know we fielded a team of inexperienced youngsters but...
30t6p3b.gif
it's been two months of mediocre to god awful play now. We've completely lost the chemistry we played with at the beginning of the season and there are no signs of it returning anytime soon.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Spurs, in Europa League 
laugh.gif
Harry really doesn't care.  
fatigue and all that stuff...i don't think Spurs need the extra fixtures if they go far in Europe...
i'm quite sure Harry wants to concentrate on the league cos they've got a good chance of getting that automatic CL spot for next season...

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

it's been two months of mediocre to god awful play now. We've completely lost the chemistry we played with at the beginning of the season and there are no signs of it returning anytime soon.
yeah...
tired.gif

things usually pick up for United towards the end of the year but the only thing they've picked up have been injuries after injuries...
frown.gif

Berbatov is the latest worry...he was seen in a protective cast on his foot after that Carling Cup match...

some first team players have underperformed too let's not forget...
mad.gif

^ Yeah, he had a knock early in the game, so that was probably it. Out after 53 mins.
30t6p3b.gif

Think we lost both the twins too, to injuries...
Can't knock... they played hard and earned it... 

Ridiculous goal...

Lucas out for the year with a torn up knee. Bad blow, he was really playing well.

Wow Liverpool is in trouble... I've hated on Leiva, but thats basically a biased opinion because I don't like him. The improvements he's made recently have been immense, they will miss him greatly.

I don't mind the fact that Tottenham didn't care about Europa League, noone likes playing on Thursdays, and well it is Europa League, but with the team we fielded, I expected at least a little better effort. It just proves Bassong is not very good, and it is going to hurt our chances to sell him for any money, especially since he will not sniff the pitch as Gallas appears fit.

Also not sure why Defoe started, when we could have started Dos Santos. Harry really dislikes Dos Santos, even though he said he'd give GDS a shot this season. Should've sold him to Malaga or whoever would've taken him for the 8 million pounds or so.

Wow Liverpool is in trouble... I've hated on Leiva, but thats basically a biased opinion because I don't like him. The improvements he's made recently have been immense, they will miss him greatly.

I don't mind the fact that Tottenham didn't care about Europa League, noone likes playing on Thursdays, and well it is Europa League, but with the team we fielded, I expected at least a little better effort. It just proves Bassong is not very good, and it is going to hurt our chances to sell him for any money, especially since he will not sniff the pitch as Gallas appears fit.

Also not sure why Defoe started, when we could have started Dos Santos. Harry really dislikes Dos Santos, even though he said he'd give GDS a shot this season. Should've sold him to Malaga or whoever would've taken him for the 8 million pounds or so.

Yeah agree with Dos Santos being given a chance but the reason he doesn't get much time is because he keeps going out and partying and not taking it seriously, Harry said recently that Gio skipped a Monday morning training session and when they were trying to call him he was partying in Barcelona, That is his attitude and why he isnt playing much

Originally Posted by Prettyboy RY7

Yeah agree with Dos Santos being given a chance but the reason he doesn't get much time is because he keeps going out and partying and not taking it seriously, Harry said recently that Gio skipped a Monday morning training session and when they were trying to call him he was partying in Barcelona, That is his attitude and why he isnt playing much
got a link to that article?

^ Yeah it is...
laugh.gif

Group A: Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.
Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.
Group C: Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia.
Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England.

There are going to be some great group games, but UEFA really shouldn't have given both the hosts a 1 seed. We want to see the best teams play in the knockout round.

Oh well, my body is ready either way.

MY PICKS
Group A: Russia, Czech Republic
Group B: Germany, Netherlands (bye Ronaldo)
Group C: Spain, Croatia (bye Italy)
Group D: England, France

I can't wait for this, that Group B is something else.

Who do you all think is the 4th best team in Europe right now?

I see Spain, Holland and Germany as the holy trinity, without much doubt.

Who comes in next? I guess it has to be one of France, England, Portugal, Croatia or Italy. But do any of those teams seem that powerful heading into the summer?

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Who comes in next? I guess it has to be one of France, England, Portugal, Croatia or Italy. But do any of those teams seem that powerful heading into the summer?
Tough question. I think it's Portugal and that's why it's so weird leaving them out of the knockout stage, that Group B is insane. But Portugal has the second best player in the world, their defense is a lot more mature compared to previous years, they're a relatively young squad (mid 20s average I believe), lots of fresh legs, and Bento's done a great job since coming in last year. You could make the case for England or Portugal and I wouldn't be mad. Croatia and Italy are right behind but I think England and Portugal are both still convincingly better and I wouldn't mention France at this point (this coming from a Bleus fan as well).

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tough question. I think it's Portugal and that's why it's so weird leaving them out of the knockout stage, that Group B is insane. But Portugal has the second best player in the world, their defense is a lot more mature compared to previous years, they're a relatively young squad (mid 20s average I believe), lots of fresh legs, and Bento's done a great job since coming in last year. You could make the case for England or Portugal and I wouldn't be mad. Croatia and Italy are right behind but I think England and Portugal are both still convincingly better and I wouldn't mention France at this point (this coming from a Bleus fan as well).
That was actually my initial thought as well; I offered to a friend that 3 of the 4 best teams in Europe were in the same group and got clowned for it. 
grin.gif

As always, I will doubt England until they prove me wrong. France has firepower, but no clue how they'll perform. Croatia is solid but not really spectacular to me. Italy is in transition, I don't think they quite know who they are. 

Shall be entertaining though. 

Didn't had Portugal problems to qualify ? And what about trouble causeb by Carvalho & Co ?
We've beaten Holland a couple weeks ago in a friendly.

Group A: Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.     Russia+Poland (home team)
Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.  Germany+Netherlands
Group C: Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia.      Spain+Croatia
Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England.              France+England

The new ball

tango-1322828103_zoom33_crop_600x450_600x450+207+186.jpg

SMH @ Portugal's group 
sick.gif
Would have been much "fairer" if one of these teams was in group A 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

As for Portugal being the 4th best team in Europe, I don't even know. I mean, on paper we're damn good, but we're so inconsistent when it comes to scoring due to a lack of a solid striker that an "Easy" match often becomes a struggle. We'll have a game like the second leg against Bosnia and then immediately follow up with a unconvincing 1-0 win against some garbage squad. Postiga will go off on one match and then try stupid @#$ bicycle kicks that have 0 chance of sending the ball into the net

Originally Posted by engoi

Didn't had Portugal problems to qualify ? And what about trouble causeb by Carvalho & Co ?
We've beaten Holland a couple weeks ago in a friendly.

Group A: Poland, Greece, Russia, Czech Republic.     Russia+Poland (home team)
Group B: Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal.  Germany+Netherlands
Group C: Spain, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Croatia.      Spain+Croatia
Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England.              France+England

The new ball

tango-1322828103_zoom33_crop_600x450_600x450+207+186.jpg
Carvalho is a @#$@% for that nonsense, plain and simple. I hate him for his dirty @#$ tackles but at the same time he's a crucial member of the back line.

Back
Top Bottom