The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I don't watch a lot of LaLiga (aside from Madrid and Barca), but are Bilbao usually this good? My goodness.

They should have won this tie 3 times!

Midfield experiment was a failure. No creativity, while Cleverly looked like he gave the ball over A LOT. Just downright ugly and disappointing.

Bilbao wanted WAY more and were incredible.

well,it has been an awful European campaign to say the least...
Originally Posted by SinnerP

Midfield experiment was a failure. No creativity, while Cleverly looked like he gave the ball over A LOT. Just downright ugly and disappointing.

i agree...he shouldn't have started
mad.gif
i think Sir Alex kinda rushed him back...
on a side note,Pogba looked pretty comfortable after he came on...

that dude Llorente
eek.gif
and Javi Martinez...the big European clubs are keeping tabs of those two i'm sure...

anyway,i don't recall seeing anyone injured in the match...hopefully United has everyone healthy for the title run-in...

I don't watch a lot of LaLiga (aside from Madrid and Barca), but are Bilbao usually this good? My goodness.

They should have won this tie 3 times!

Bilbao wanted WAY more and were incredible.

Bielsa!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

well,it has been an awful European campaign to say the least...

i agree...he shouldn't have started
mad.gif
i think Sir Alex kinda rushed him back...
on a side note,Pogba looked pretty comfortable after he came on...

that dude Llorente
eek.gif
and Javi Martinez...the big European clubs are keeping tabs of those two i'm sure...

anyway,i don't recall seeing anyone injured in the match...hopefully United has everyone healthy for the title run-in...
Yeah, Sir pulled off Rio, Carrick and Giggs with an eye on this weekend.  Rooney took a bit of a knock towards the end but I think he's ok... 
And now City look like they're done too with Sporting up 3-0 on the aggregate and with 2 away goals.  Both Manchester clubs exiting Europe both times on the same day!

Yes, but they're somewhat inconsistent. I'd say they are one of the four or five best sides in Spain.

Llorente, Martinez, and Muniain are all top talents. Muniain could be a right footed version of David Silva in a few years, if not better.

Abidal
frown.gif

City coming back strong...Sporting scored the two and basically went to defense mode for 45 min....smh

I'd add iraola to that list.

I'd like Martinez at Madrid, does very well at CDM/CB. That kind of versatility is appreciated. Lass has saved us numerous times when he's been able to start at right fullback despite preferring midfield.

Llorente gets stereotyped because of his height and aerial prowess but he's quality man. There's a reason he's was valued at 30m.

That Pogba character seems to tackle more like Paul Scholes instead of Patrick Vieira. I haven't seen much of him though.

Good stuff from the Europa League. I nearly started harlem shaking when Joe Hart almost scored at the end of stoppage time.

Ooooh PL what are you doing.
roll.gif

Doesn't take the PL clubs the Europa-league seriously ?
Bilbao is seventh in Spain and Sporting fifth in Portugal.

Champions quarter Final draw

Benfica v Chelsea
AC Milan v Barcelona
Winners play

Marseille v Bayern Munich
APOEL v Real Madrid
Winners play.

Quarterfinals for Champions League was just drawn, roughly around 7 AM EST.
Madrid vs. APOEL (APOEL home leg first)

Bayern vs. Marseille (Marseille home leg first)

Chelsea vs. Benfica (Benfica home leg first)

Barca vs. Milan (Milan home leg first)

Winner of Madrid/APOEL faces winner of Bayern/Marseille in one semifinal. Winner of Chelsea/Benfica faces winner of Barca/Milan in the other semifinal. 

Winner of Madrid/APOEL vs. Bayern/Marseille is designated the "home side" for the final in Munich. 

On first glance, my picks are Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, and Barca. Barca/Milan is obviously the toughest to call and likely the best quarterfinal tie. Allegri must play the (first) home leg with desperation. A 3-1 positive result or better at the San Siro barely would give comfort to Milan, with the imminent danger of the return leg at Camp Nou. I believe Benfica has the best chance to pull an upset, especially if Chelsea fails to secure a valuable away goal in Lisbon. 

I love Ray Hudson, in case you didn't know he has a website dedicated to him and his 'orgasmic' metaphors. a cult following if you want
laugh.gif

If he commented on FIFA 12 I know it'll get a Teen rating
roll.gif

APOEL for the ultimate underdog win.
but really I can't wait for the Barca Milan rematch

Back
Top Bottom