THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Originally Posted by kash55

Man I've been tuning in and out of this show, the zombie killing parts and running and hiding and everything ala the first episode is sweet, but man the story sometimes goes off on these wild tangents that are just stupid. It tries to do too much with a zombie story.

Anybody else feel this way?
The Walking Dead isn't your typical Romero-zombie storyline.  Kirkman and Moore focus on the human aspect of the characters and how they handle to live in a world in which they are the endangered.  The fact that it isn't about going to place and killing zombies left and right enhances the storyline.
my dude, do you even watch Romero films? 

Originally Posted by kash55

Man I've been tuning in and out of this show, the zombie killing parts and running and hiding and everything ala the first episode is sweet, but man the story sometimes goes off on these wild tangents that are just stupid. It tries to do too much with a zombie story.

Anybody else feel this way?
The Walking Dead isn't your typical Romero-zombie storyline.  Kirkman and Moore focus on the human aspect of the characters and how they handle to live in a world in which they are the endangered.  The fact that it isn't about going to place and killing zombies left and right enhances the storyline.
my dude, do you even watch Romero films? 

Originally Posted by big1236

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Originally Posted by MrONegative

That had to be the cruelest $+** I have seen on TV, when the old guy poured out his heart to give Andrea the will to live, but not a damn person could give a $+** about the black lady, 3 feet away from her. Oh, you gonna stay to burn alive? Aight, be easy.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I bet Jim or that latino family woulda wanted her to live.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Word...I watched all 6 episodes last night....but how come it was never explained how this zombie %@+% happened?

i don't think they ever explained it in the comic either... 

Correct...People still don't know how this happened.
Rewatched the final two episodes and overall the season was well done.  Although, it would have been nice to end the season with more action instead of drama of choosing to live life or not...But it works out for the show's storyline.  I personally didn't like the CDC story arc, but it gives the show an added dimension of going a different path from the original (which I don't mind)...It does look like Shane will be around for season 2 though...
mad.gif
why don't you want shane in season 2?  it'd be interesting to see tension grow between him and Rick at some point.  i mean he was bangin the life outta rick's wife while she thought he was dead and we're supposed to think that rick never finds out? something's gonna give...

as much as i didn't like the CDC story line, it did add an extra element of hopelessness and despair.  when the doctor said there was no other place of safe refuge in the states, it was definitely heartwrenching for me.

That had to be the cruelest $+** I have seen on TV, when the old guy poured out his heart to give Andrea the will to live, but not a damn person could give a $+** about the black lady, 3 feet away from her. Oh, you gonna stay to burn alive? Aight, be easy.
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
Word...I watched all 6 episodes last night....but how come it was never explained how this zombie %@+% happened?

Rewatched the final two episodes and overall the season was well done.  Although, it would have been nice to end the season with more action instead of drama of choosing to live life or not...But it works out for the show's storyline.  I personally didn't like the CDC story arc, but it gives the show an added dimension of going a different path from the original (which I don't mind)...It does look like Shane will be around for season 2 though...
mad.gif
why don't you want shane in season 2?  it'd be interesting to see tension grow between him and Rick at some point.  i mean he was bangin the life outta rick's wife while she thought he was dead and we're supposed to think that rick never finds out? something's gonna give...

as much as i didn't like the CDC story line, it did add an extra element of hopelessness and despair.  when the doctor said there was no other place of safe refuge in the states, it was definitely heartwrenching for me.

Originally Posted by moe200069

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif

they should have built that tension up the last 2 episodes instead of this sci-fi CDC crap. had the show ended like it did in the comic, they wouldn't have needed to play up this false sense of despair. without giving away too much, in the comic they leave camp as a direct result of the zombie raid. It is just turning to winter and they've run out of food. (I didn't put a spoiler because they essentially replaced this part with the CDC stuff).

Actual Spoiler

Spoiler [+]
I've said it before but I wish Shane would have died in episode 5. They could have drawn out the significance of his death and the fact that they need to leave to find shelter/food. Even if they skipped the zombie infested suburbs, they could have gone to Rick seeing a shadowy figure in the snowy distance (Tyreese & co.) ready to attack for episode 6. That would have been a great way to end the season because it would look BA and still have the hint of mystery as to what the future will hold for the group & what/who is the person in the distance.

I do hope the people that aren't familiar with the story actually go out and purchase/read this series. It really is a great series. I know we harp on the show but it is good enough to continue watching. Hopefully for those that familiarize themselves with the comics between now and season 2, they will begin to see what some of us are talking about. The changes aren't necessarily bad but the source material would have been compelling enough on its own, thats all. 

Originally Posted by moe200069

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

mad.gif

they should have built that tension up the last 2 episodes instead of this sci-fi CDC crap. had the show ended like it did in the comic, they wouldn't have needed to play up this false sense of despair. without giving away too much, in the comic they leave camp as a direct result of the zombie raid. It is just turning to winter and they've run out of food. (I didn't put a spoiler because they essentially replaced this part with the CDC stuff).

Actual Spoiler

Spoiler [+]
I've said it before but I wish Shane would have died in episode 5. They could have drawn out the significance of his death and the fact that they need to leave to find shelter/food. Even if they skipped the zombie infested suburbs, they could have gone to Rick seeing a shadowy figure in the snowy distance (Tyreese & co.) ready to attack for episode 6. That would have been a great way to end the season because it would look BA and still have the hint of mystery as to what the future will hold for the group & what/who is the person in the distance.

I do hope the people that aren't familiar with the story actually go out and purchase/read this series. It really is a great series. I know we harp on the show but it is good enough to continue watching. Hopefully for those that familiarize themselves with the comics between now and season 2, they will begin to see what some of us are talking about. The changes aren't necessarily bad but the source material would have been compelling enough on its own, thats all. 

Finally caught up with this show. 6 episodes is understandable for a first season. They want to test the waters with this show and see if it is a hit first. Consider this a test season. Breaking Bad was the same way, with only 7 episodes in season 1. I think this show calls for a pretty big budget, which is why AMC was hesitant to give it a full 12-13 episodes because it could have flopped and they would have had to cancel it.

It's a solid show though. With a full season of episodes next year, I hope they will spend more time developing characters and going through flashbacks a la Lost. The plot is already strong but once they strengthen the character aspect, it could jump into the elite dramas.

And I wonder if they will try to work Morgan/Duane back into the storyline. I doubt it...seems like just pilot characters that didn't sign on for the long run. They're probably already dead. Once Morgan was sniping zombies from the window, you think a group of 20+ would eventually find a way to break in that house.

Finally caught up with this show. 6 episodes is understandable for a first season. They want to test the waters with this show and see if it is a hit first. Consider this a test season. Breaking Bad was the same way, with only 7 episodes in season 1. I think this show calls for a pretty big budget, which is why AMC was hesitant to give it a full 12-13 episodes because it could have flopped and they would have had to cancel it.

It's a solid show though. With a full season of episodes next year, I hope they will spend more time developing characters and going through flashbacks a la Lost. The plot is already strong but once they strengthen the character aspect, it could jump into the elite dramas.

And I wonder if they will try to work Morgan/Duane back into the storyline. I doubt it...seems like just pilot characters that didn't sign on for the long run. They're probably already dead. Once Morgan was sniping zombies from the window, you think a group of 20+ would eventually find a way to break in that house.

Considering the following that the comic has, and the fact that zombie culture is huge and there has never been a United States series before, this never had a chance at failing.

Considering the following that the comic has, and the fact that zombie culture is huge and there has never been a United States series before, this never had a chance at failing.

Great show. Gonna cop my father some of the graphic novels for Christmas.

11 months is way too long to wait for season two, though.
frown.gif

Great show. Gonna cop my father some of the graphic novels for Christmas.

11 months is way too long to wait for season two, though.
frown.gif

Great show. Saw all 6 episodes the last few days. AMC gets it right again. I'll be looking forward to season 2.

Great show. Saw all 6 episodes the last few days. AMC gets it right again. I'll be looking forward to season 2.

Just got volume two of the graphic novel

Once you start reading you will realize the zombies are actually a backdrop of the story and it's really about the people.

Once you start reading you will realize the zombies are actually a backdrop of the story and it's really about the people.

Back
Top Bottom