THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

eek.gif
tired.gif
at the ending of 83
mad.gif
mad.gif

damn i was reading the comics at work then got fired. so i stopped at hunters series. think last thing i read was the hunters attacking them while they were parked on the road. can someone tell me what issue that was?

damn i was reading the comics at work then got fired. so i stopped at hunters series. think last thing i read was the hunters attacking them while they were parked on the road. can someone tell me what issue that was?

‘Walking Dead’s’ Robert Kirkman Dispels Fired Writers Rumor, Wants Stephen King
With Marvel’s Thor opening at No. 1 at the box office, NBC weighing its decision to pick up itsDavid E. Kelley-penned Wonder Woman reboot and AMC’s The Walking Dead already garnering Emmy buzz, it’s safe to say that comics have gone from geek to chic.

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with The Walking Dead comics creator and series writer/executive producer Robert Kirkman on Free Comic Book Day to discuss the impact comics are having on TV, his hopes for the fanboy industry and what’s ahead for the drama’s second season.

THR: With three pilots -- a Wonder Woman reboot at NBC, Locke and Key at Fox and Powers at FX -- what do you think of the current surge of comic-based material on TV?
Kirkman: Comics are a great source for entertainment. More so than movies, I think that comic books kind of fit some of us really well because for the most part they are continuing stories that are told from month-to-month, or multiple years. That’s really a format that translates great in TV. I hope all the people that are enjoying all these fantastic TV shows coming from comics will take a look at the original source material and see all the great success it has to offer.

THR: The Walking Dead is really taking advantage of that, not only continuing with ongoing issues but also reissuing comics including The Walking Dead Weekly.
Kirkman: A lot of people that are finding the series because of the television show. I couldn’t be happier about that. Anything that gets the word out about comics is great to me.

THR: How much do you think the resurgence of comic source material on TV is attributable to the success of The Walking Dead?
Kirkman: I think AMC’s marketing team was spot-on with every single thing that they did. Because of the power of [series creator/executive producer/director] Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd, a terrific show came together. It’s been the one that has people going, “Oh, this is something this can be done.

‘Walking Dead’s’ Robert Kirkman Dispels Fired Writers Rumor, Wants Stephen King
With Marvel’s Thor opening at No. 1 at the box office, NBC weighing its decision to pick up itsDavid E. Kelley-penned Wonder Woman reboot and AMC’s The Walking Dead already garnering Emmy buzz, it’s safe to say that comics have gone from geek to chic.

The Hollywood Reporter caught up with The Walking Dead comics creator and series writer/executive producer Robert Kirkman on Free Comic Book Day to discuss the impact comics are having on TV, his hopes for the fanboy industry and what’s ahead for the drama’s second season.

THR: With three pilots -- a Wonder Woman reboot at NBC, Locke and Key at Fox and Powers at FX -- what do you think of the current surge of comic-based material on TV?
Kirkman: Comics are a great source for entertainment. More so than movies, I think that comic books kind of fit some of us really well because for the most part they are continuing stories that are told from month-to-month, or multiple years. That’s really a format that translates great in TV. I hope all the people that are enjoying all these fantastic TV shows coming from comics will take a look at the original source material and see all the great success it has to offer.

THR: The Walking Dead is really taking advantage of that, not only continuing with ongoing issues but also reissuing comics including The Walking Dead Weekly.
Kirkman: A lot of people that are finding the series because of the television show. I couldn’t be happier about that. Anything that gets the word out about comics is great to me.

THR: How much do you think the resurgence of comic source material on TV is attributable to the success of The Walking Dead?
Kirkman: I think AMC’s marketing team was spot-on with every single thing that they did. Because of the power of [series creator/executive producer/director] Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd, a terrific show came together. It’s been the one that has people going, “Oh, this is something this can be done.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

THR: Any update on Stephen King writing an episode?
Kirkman: That’s been discussed a little bit. Everyone involved on both sides of that are very anxious to make that happen; AMC is excited; Frank Darabont is excited; I’m excited. I know Stephen King and Joe Hill are excited. We’ll see if we can make that come together. I can neither confirm nor deny. (Laughs.)

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&[email protected]

2zpqy6u.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

THR: Any update on Stephen King writing an episode?
Kirkman: That’s been discussed a little bit. Everyone involved on both sides of that are very anxious to make that happen; AMC is excited; Frank Darabont is excited; I’m excited. I know Stephen King and Joe Hill are excited. We’ll see if we can make that come together. I can neither confirm nor deny. (Laughs.)

https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&[email protected]

2zpqy6u.gif

I finished watching it right now the show was
eek.gif
. I need to find away to read all the comics soon before season 2 starts.

eek.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

eek.gif
Read through them all within a few weeks right after season 1 ended. Once you get hooked, you get hooked
laugh.gif

I just threw all the .cbr's on my phone and read through them like nothing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

eek.gif
Read through them all within a few weeks right after season 1 ended. Once you get hooked, you get hooked
laugh.gif

I just threw all the .cbr's on my phone and read through them like nothing
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom