THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

I'm glad the show is not exactly like the comic.

I was avoiding coming in here because of spoilers who read the comic and posts what will happen next.

I'm glad the show is not exactly like the comic.

I was avoiding coming in here because of spoilers who read the comic and posts what will happen next.

^
Yeah, I think it's a good thing in the creative aspect.  There's surprises for even the comic fans and allows the tv writers to form its own tv show identity.  

^
Yeah, I think it's a good thing in the creative aspect.  There's surprises for even the comic fans and allows the tv writers to form its own tv show identity.  

Shane
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
So foul.

Still curious what the doctor said to Rick
nerd.gif
Her being preggo makes sense though.

I hate Shane and I hate Lori. Don't care for T-Dog or Carol much either. Hope they all get murked.

I hate Shane and I hate Lori. Don't care for T-Dog or Carol much either. Hope they all get murked.

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Originally Posted by Liban906

Honestly I was a big fan of season 1 and was highly anticipating this season but I'm disappointed so far. I'm a huge fan of the comics but like others mentioned before I don't like how they changed up the characters so much. TV Lori is annoying. TV Andrea is annoying. TV Glenn is a lame (and he was one of my favorites from the comic
30t6p3b.gif
)

It seems like the only character that's on point with their comic version is Dale. Even TV Rick gets on my nerves. He was an interesting character in the comic and I would look forward to his role in the story lines but TV Rick just seems overdramatic and whiny.

On the plus side, I do like how they deviated from the comic story a little. It keeps it feeling fresh and has an "alternate" universe feel with all these extra characters and characters living longer than they should be.

This dude...........

And it looks like he will be making another bold move next week. I understand how some of you feel. I felt the same about some of the Marvel comics when they were made into movies. But understand, they're trying to introduce the series to the general public. I had no idea the series originally was a comic book. A tv series about zombies!? Im in.....that's all it took for me. If anything you should appreciate the comics even more now. I haven't read the comics but I plan to real soon. A few spoilers ahead, sorry. But the fact that the black dude is somewhat of a leader and Shane is dead by this point in the comics has me intrigued. Point is, we have to understand that the writers and producers of the show are trying to please two different audiences, the comic book fan and the horror fan. Also they don't have the same luxury with producing a tv series as you would with writing a book or comic. More detail goes into writing. This series could be canceled after season 3, or the budget could be lowered again, which lead to changes being made. They have to be prepared for that. If you draw it out exactly like the comics it could go on forever(damn that'd be great).
I understand that which is why I said I like the fact that their getting creative with the story. My problem is with the characters themselves. The reason I fell in love with the comics in the first place was because of the amazing characters and the amazing character development that's happening. I went back and re read the first 10 issues this summer and was blown away by how different each character started off compared to where they're at now. My problem with the show is that they took these interesting characters and turned them all into annoying crying replicas of one another.
Btw, I suggest you read the comics ASAP you won't be disappointed 
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
pm me if you need a source
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Liban906

Honestly I was a big fan of season 1 and was highly anticipating this season but I'm disappointed so far. I'm a huge fan of the comics but like others mentioned before I don't like how they changed up the characters so much. TV Lori is annoying. TV Andrea is annoying. TV Glenn is a lame (and he was one of my favorites from the comic
30t6p3b.gif
)

It seems like the only character that's on point with their comic version is Dale. Even TV Rick gets on my nerves. He was an interesting character in the comic and I would look forward to his role in the story lines but TV Rick just seems overdramatic and whiny.

On the plus side, I do like how they deviated from the comic story a little. It keeps it feeling fresh and has an "alternate" universe feel with all these extra characters and characters living longer than they should be.

This dude...........

And it looks like he will be making another bold move next week. I understand how some of you feel. I felt the same about some of the Marvel comics when they were made into movies. But understand, they're trying to introduce the series to the general public. I had no idea the series originally was a comic book. A tv series about zombies!? Im in.....that's all it took for me. If anything you should appreciate the comics even more now. I haven't read the comics but I plan to real soon. A few spoilers ahead, sorry. But the fact that the black dude is somewhat of a leader and Shane is dead by this point in the comics has me intrigued. Point is, we have to understand that the writers and producers of the show are trying to please two different audiences, the comic book fan and the horror fan. Also they don't have the same luxury with producing a tv series as you would with writing a book or comic. More detail goes into writing. This series could be canceled after season 3, or the budget could be lowered again, which lead to changes being made. They have to be prepared for that. If you draw it out exactly like the comics it could go on forever(damn that'd be great).
I understand that which is why I said I like the fact that their getting creative with the story. My problem is with the characters themselves. The reason I fell in love with the comics in the first place was because of the amazing characters and the amazing character development that's happening. I went back and re read the first 10 issues this summer and was blown away by how different each character started off compared to where they're at now. My problem with the show is that they took these interesting characters and turned them all into annoying crying replicas of one another.
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif

thought about it....

Shane was 100% FOUL!!!

otis ageed to lead him to the school, acted as a diversion in the school house, had just saved him, and encouraged him to get up when shane feel and was ready to quit.

then he just leaves dude to suffer...i hope he get it the worst, word up

thought about it....

Shane was 100% FOUL!!!

otis ageed to lead him to the school, acted as a diversion in the school house, had just saved him, and encouraged him to get up when shane feel and was ready to quit.

then he just leaves dude to suffer...i hope he get it the worst, word up

Liban906 wrote:
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif

This. 
I'm not complaining that the show doesn't exactly follow the source material, it's just that the characters are just no where near as diverse/interesting as they are in the comic. As someone said earlier, Dale is the only character that is pretty much spot on. Everyone else is the same. It's frustrating because not only is the plot waaaaay slower but the characters aren't even interesting enough for me to actually care what happens to them which I would never say about the comic. 

Liban906 wrote:
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
nerd.gif

This. 
I'm not complaining that the show doesn't exactly follow the source material, it's just that the characters are just no where near as diverse/interesting as they are in the comic. As someone said earlier, Dale is the only character that is pretty much spot on. Everyone else is the same. It's frustrating because not only is the plot waaaaay slower but the characters aren't even interesting enough for me to actually care what happens to them which I would never say about the comic. 

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

when did they say shes preggo?

It wasn't said, we're just speculating. In the season finale the Doc whispered something to Rick but he has yet to say what the doctor told him.
When the scene of Shane taking her on the forest floor aired, I knew that she would be knocked up.  He was probably busting his nut in her for a few weeks.
I can see how people say they would've done the same thing Shane did.  The most important thing was to get the equipment and save the boy (I haven't bothered to remember his name).  He could've sacrificed himself instead but that wasn't going to happen.  I wouldn't have done it.  If someone has my back then I have theirs.
to be honest, i doubt the doc told rick his wife is preggers. most likely the doc would have told her himself and rick would have had more emotion when the news dropped. PLUS there is the possibility that it may not even be his since dude was absent for a cool minute.

what the doc told rick, no se.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

when did they say shes preggo?

It wasn't said, we're just speculating. In the season finale the Doc whispered something to Rick but he has yet to say what the doctor told him.
When the scene of Shane taking her on the forest floor aired, I knew that she would be knocked up.  He was probably busting his nut in her for a few weeks.
I can see how people say they would've done the same thing Shane did.  The most important thing was to get the equipment and save the boy (I haven't bothered to remember his name).  He could've sacrificed himself instead but that wasn't going to happen.  I wouldn't have done it.  If someone has my back then I have theirs.
to be honest, i doubt the doc told rick his wife is preggers. most likely the doc would have told her himself and rick would have had more emotion when the news dropped. PLUS there is the possibility that it may not even be his since dude was absent for a cool minute.

Originally Posted by doosta45

The doc either saw the incident between Shane and Rick's wife in his control room. OR he told Rick something he found during his research. He probably told Rick that there really is no cure whatsoever and there is no hope.
This show will end well. 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
 THE DEAD WILL WIN!!!! ALL IS LOST!!! 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif