The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I disagree a bit, especially with the writing. The Writing on this record is leaps and bounds better than Weeknd's writing circa trilogy era.

The music may not be better, but the brand of music is almost completely different. The quality is just as good though. 

I don't see that, no writing on here is better than Coming Down, Next, Adaptation, The Bird Pt.2, Montreal, The Zone.

Not to mention the production is just not forward thinking, there's teenage kids on soundcloud making more interesting beats.

Illangello shoulda had a bigger hand in the production than this Moccio dude.

Last edited:
Apparently Bella is going to be in the In The Night video 
nerd.gif

Breh, I took those shows for granted. That's legit though to have connects like that, I had debated spending $150+ for an upper level but I couldn't pull the trigger

I just can't believe BOTH LA shows sold out under a minute and that the tickets were going for those prices. The tour is about to make a killing
This really happened bro? fdhasofisdalfds;kdkfdsafsdlkjafsd;fds

I honestly had no idea. Damn he's selling out arenas that quickly? Was going to try to purchase some yesterday, but looked on the site thursday and it said like 250 for some good seats, yeah that's a no for me 
laugh.gif

Think because I've been following him for so long that I kind of don't even realize how much of a superstar he's become lowkey.

sick.gif

Last edited:

Apparently Bella is going to be in the In The Night video 
nerd.gif
She should have been in the Hills video since the song was about her and also Acquainted if they make a video

This really happened bro? fdhasofisdalfds;kdkfdsafsdlkjafsd;fds

sick.gif

Yup, I'm assuming third parties snagged them though mostly. Knowing the LA market, the re sale will be brutal 

I don't see that, no writing on here is better than Coming Down, Next, Adaptation, The Bird Pt.2, Montreal, The Zone.

Not to mention the production is just not forward thinking, there's teenage kids on soundcloud making more interesting beats.

Illangello shoulda had a bigger hand in the production than this Moccio dude.
Think the writing on this new joint is a little more mature and less repetitive as a whole over those records you mentioned.

Those are some of my favorite records from weeknd, but those are all from different projects. As a whole, this new project I hear growth, from the writing standpoint. 

Can't feel my face, shameless, acquainted, Dark Angel with Ed, As You Are, all were shining points for me from that standpoint. And Tell Your Friends is vintage XO to me. 

Think the writing on this new joint is a little more mature and less repetitive as a whole over those records you mentioned.

Those are some of my favorite records from weeknd, but those are all from different projects. As a whole, this new project I hear growth, from the writing standpoint. 

Can't feel my face, shameless, acquainted, Dark Angel with Ed, As You Are, all were shining points for me from that standpoint. And Tell Your Friends is vintage XO to me. 
Tell Your friends is vintage

I just can't with a straight face say that ICFMF is an example of better writing

Acquainted is vintage as well but it's definitely more condensed in terms of content and volume. Almost repetitive IMO

Shamelss, As You Are are nice

Dark Times is one of those I referenced that was very short and sweet, tough to say that's a mark of growth. I feel his past works are parallel with it

Last edited:
I can't believe there's so many of y'all not feeling Angel.
Track is legit.

As for Earned It...song will always have a special place for me.
Shout out to my white girl. Fell in love with each other knowing it would never work.

I can't believe there's so many of y'all not feeling Angel.
Track is legit.

As for Earned It...song will always have a special place for me.
Shout out to my white girl. Fell in love with each other knowing it would never work.
Angel is a great track! 

I don't mind Angel, I just don't have a reason to listen to it 

Very 90's vibe to the whole album and especially this song

Reminded me of 

Real Life, Losers, Acquainted, Angel, In The Night, As You Are are all good songs as far as songs that most people havent heard yet.

Last edited:
Acquainted is different from GBIT90s though. Some similar lyrics, but different vibe/song.

In the Night most average/new fans havent heard. That song is gonna break charts in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom