The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CNnRRbnXAAEpmpc.jpg

I'm starting to appreciate EOS more. That transition from XO to The Host :x

Last edited:
Yeah I think the podcast will help a lot of you understand the music

The weeknd is moving forward in his life and isn't just going to make music that isn't completely true to him in 2015 even though of course he can make it

Girls in the 90s was scrapped because he said he couldn't stand by those feelings anymore...but what it became ( acquainted) is something he can stand by and believe in 100 percent at this moment

Man, I remember the feeling of excitement when Echoes of Silence dropped like 4 days before Christmas.

____s were stressed, wondering if by "in a year", he had meant between March 2011 and 2012; because time was running out on getting something before 2011 ended :lol:

Then it dropped and I legitimately stopped doing everything else that night. Amazing tape, with an atmosphere so different from the other two (although this can be said for Thursday too; his ability to keep it fresh is God level.)

I dropped everything the night EoS dropped also. I vividly remember having plans to go out with a group of people to a bar or something, then I got the download and stopped replying to their texts. :lol:

Invited a joint over and had a listening session with a bottle of some cheap liquor. :smh:

Nothing will every touch those 3 mixtapes for me man... They're in their own lane. 

They really do show the mind of a crazy young male... which I can relate to. Which is why is why I appreciate Trilogy so much. 

Nothing will ever compare to the tension of waiting for the release of Thursday and EOS

NOTHING

My life literally revolved around rumors of when each tape would be released...

I vividly remember skipping out on studying for exams just to refresh NT and blogs seeing if the tapes dropped

I'd stay up til like 2 or 3 am just so I wouldn't miss any release 

As you are is getting more spin than Prisoner.....you talented mother@$!##& Abel

ALL THESE FEELS DAWG!

THESE FEEEEEELLLLLSSSSS!

IMO Tell Your Friends might be the worst song he ever made.

Dude really said the worst....wildin to the max

It's really not even an outlandish shot it just speaks to the quality of his overall catalog and his past work.

The WORST five songs he's ever written for a solo project are on BBTM, give or take one or two (I'm looking at you specifically Live For).

That's just facts.

Last edited:
It's really not even an outlandish shot it just speaks to the quality of his overall catalog and his past work.
I agree, after thinking about it more, the songs I don't like of his are features. Referring to the songs he did with M.I.A. and Diplo. All them tracks were awful IMO

I would say the worst song to me he has as the lead artist is Losers followed by Devil May Cry

Last edited:
If I absolutely had to pick the bottom five of Weekend's LP catalog

Live For
Losers
Shameless

and two of Often, Dark Tines, Angel, Tell Your Friends

Again that's far more indicative of Kissland and Trilogy than it is of BBTM but hey.

Come to think of it Live For fits seamlessly just about anywhere on BBTM.

Last edited:
Why? It seems like an interesting discussion. It's not like we don't already know your listing Tears in the Rain. :lol:

Last edited:
Cool. I'll take a crack at it.

Worse joints on his projects:
Tears in the rain
Losers
Live For
Outside
Lonely Star

Advance in my direction, brethren.

Back
Top Bottom