The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bottom 5 for me is

Lonely Star
Prisoner
Life of the Party
Earned It (maybe)

vpdXDq.gif

@ Lonely Star being in your bottom 5

people not liking initiation? wtf is this thread coming to?!?!

i swear I'd snuff i couple of you for mentioning songs on the trilogy as bottom 5s

Losers
Dark times
Earned it
Shameless
Angel

Sadly my bottom 5 songs by him are all off this new project

Earned it is by far my least fav
Dark Times (can't get with it, hearing Ed Sheeran talk about getting into a fight "you should see the other guy" ok buddy...ok...)
As you are - too bubble gum pop for me, too soft, to 80s inspired...to not able for me
Losers - just nope
Angel - I am waiting for this song to grow on me but its still too corny. All i see are wings....ok....ok...

His track on the new travis scott album isn't bad though. He has a verse at the end. I thought he was just gonna do the chorus but thankfully he gets a verse at the end of the track

Was that supposed Gone part 2 joint the track he did with Travis Scott or is it still just a stand alone snippet?

Does anyone think it sounds like something that probably came about during the "super drugged out" Seattle days? It doesn't really have a sound similar to what we got on Beatuty.

I really hope that we can somehow get that batch of music, man. :smh:

Does anyone think it sounds like something that probably came about during the "super drugged out" Seattle days? It doesn't really have a sound similar to what we got on Beatuty.

I really hope that we can somehow get that batch of music, man.
mean.gif
Can you imagine getting all the versions of them HOB tracks that he says he did 7 versions of each track? 
sick.gif

I may be in the minority, but I'm not sure I'd like to hear the other versions of the HoB tracks. This is based solely on me hearing the original version of The Morning though. That joint is god awful and the version that made it onto HoB is a freaking masterpiece. I'd like to think he picked the best versions of each song for the album. But I'll give it to you, the thought of another version of Wicked Games, High for This, and The Knowing does sound cool. I'd just hate for them to have been butchered versions.

Yeah he definitely picked the best of the bunch but I really would like to hear other versions. You just never know what the man has in the stash... if they're not good, so be it but I'd love to hear any unreleased stuff...

I really hope that we can somehow get that batch of music, man.
mean.gif
Can you imagine getting all the versions of them HOB tracks that he says he did 7 versions of each track? 
sick.gif
37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

where doc, illangelo and dem stay at

Last edited:
We have people running around robbing banks. I wish they'd commit crimes worthwhile like robbing his studio for the hard drive and releasing it to the web.

Somewhat srs.

Last edited:

Pitchfork: I’m not convinced this album is actually all that different from what you’ve always been doing; the melodies are just stickier and the songwriting is stronger now.

AT: It’s like science at this point. I love when [fans] sing subconsciously, where it's like, “I know that melody.” I feel like a lot of people who say I'm doing something totally different are just getting into House of Balloons, Thursday, and Echoes of Silence, and they’re like, “Oh my god, I want more [of that style].” But back in 2012, when I was continuing to do that kind of music, people were fed up with it. They were like, “This is all he can do?” I owe it to myself to show the world how versatile I can be, because that’s not all I can do. Why can't I try something that challenges me as an artist?

Yeah I don't agree that it's stronger songwriting on BBTM but I agree with The Weeknd saying that he wanted to display his versatility. It's not really better writing just different, it shows that he can produce so many different styles and make it work

BTW, I was a bit surprised reading the producer credits

Ill produced Losers and Dark Times. I would have thought those two were produced by someone pop

Doc gotta come back man. He just has to 

Yeah to me Kiss Land has his best writing but I understand. For appeal purposes lyrics have to work for the audience. I do appreciate the way he used the lyrics in the concept of the album tho.

"There are songs like “Gone” where I don’t even know what I’m saying—I let my voice do all the talking. I’ll probably do an album like that one day where it’s not lyrics at all, just melodies and great production. Maybe the next one, I don’t know."

This mf'er playing games, man. :smh:

You can't put **** like that out into the world and not deliver on it.

It really seems like he and Kanye are getting close

Diddy has always been giddy over The Weeknd. I remember him winning some Canadian award and Diddy actually had this whole montage created for him

Drake obviously has his ties

You got indie and somewhat under ground artists like Lana that have always been connected. Wiz and Juicy have always been connected...

Feel like so many in the industry, different styles are all gravitated towards him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom