The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
God forbid people prefer an artist they're fond of to not venture too far off track from the music they once made... the music that made some of us fans in the first place. :rolleyes

If you're talking about me, I specifically said I understand the feeling :lol: What does he expect if he starts off making RNB with hip hop and subtle indie rock influences - then turns around and starts making pop punk? Those bases hardly intersect regardless of music quality.

And y'all can complain about whatever - I'm not policing the thread. Dont know if that stuff is directed at me. I've just been hearing the same stuff from Day 1s since Kiss Land released. Since BTTW came out as a single. Watering his sound down. Selling out. Etc. So I'm personally done with that convo but I'm not bashing anyone that feels that way.

It's all good discussions in here. 

We're all fans who have supported dude from the jump and some feel different about certain things and some agree. 

That's the beauty of music.  

With that being said... Less than a month away 
nthat.gif

I'm still very excited for new music. 

The music just doesn't invoke the same feeling it use to. It feels hollow and although I don't hate BBTM, a lot of the songs just don't leave an everlasting impression on me. That could be a bunch of reasons but I think that's what most of us miss about his music.

Ain't nothing hollow or inferior about Acquainted or As You Are relative to his past work. That's what gives me hope.

Curbing expectations for realism, I can settle for a .300 batting average on the project but I'll need the commercial stuff to be of the same quality as ICFMF, Starboy the song, etc.

lmaooo

That's a funny argument
"I don't like that this artist ventured away from what I originally liked"- person
"I am an unbiased person who looks at music objectively"- Same person.

@ me, b.

And quote me properly while you're at it. :lol:

It's a moot point to debate a project that hasn't been released yet, so I'll bow out for now.

Okay I seriously cannot take slander for What You Need, why tf are you comparing that golden track to songs like Real Life smh 
mean.gif
 he switched up his style for BBTM and I can accept that, but never can it compare to songs off HOB. 

I dont think anyone thinks he lost it, the weeknd is still there and has shown glimpse of greatness in bbtm but if we look at the album as a whole he definitely changed his sound. Hes clearly trying to appeal to the masses and make himself a cash cow while throwing the og fans a bone here and there. I dont blame him tho, im just miss the savagery and greatness

He makes music for his coked out gf and her friends now. He became a sucka for the *****

Also don't forget that he still has the ability to make music with a darker vibe, if you doubt that then just give his 2016 unreleased album a spin. That's the **** we feign for lol

Having the ability and actually doing it are 2 different things. He wanna be Celine Dion now

Also don't forget that he still has the ability to make music with a darker vibe, if you doubt that then just give his 2016 unreleased album a spin. That's the **** we feign for lol
Can someone point me in the direction of this 2016 unreleased album?

Why would we NOT compare the projects from the SAME artist? It it wrong for us to hold dude to a higher standard than others?

Nah, you can't put out 3 God level albums in one year, follow that up a couple years later with another God level project, then proceed to tarnish your legacy with struggle pop sounds. It's clear as day that dude knows how to create masterful music, but that's not what motivates him it seems.

But our complaints will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears since said struggle pop sounds became his most successful project to date.

Last edited:
"All that money the money is the motive"

Dude's been telling us what was up for years.

Alonzo gif here

Back
Top Bottom