The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think Starboy is dope as hell

Not really a fan of False Alarm unless I'm watching the music video. Loving the newest 2 tracks though, good music is good music even if we don't get the old Abel back

I did say I don't think Starboy sounds bad but I'm not going to really praise music for not sounding bad when it doesn't necessarily sound great either. 

Party Monster definitely sonically is better than Starboy but pretty much feel the same way. Heard it and was like oh this isn't bad but not really grabbing me. False Alarm well...uh...I can see it being popular?

None of these songs I'm hearing sound as bad as I thought some of the stuff on BBTM did but it just doesn't really invoke any emotion from me. 

Last edited:
Starboy still doing well on the charts here 
smokin.gif

Party Monster probably gonna go up there as well 

Just heard Starboy for the first time on the radio. I definitely don't think it's a bad sounding song and I hate when dudes are on that "I miss the old Weeknd" tip but it just don't sound as good as Kiss Land and earlier stuff. 

I'm sitting here listening to a Bruno Mars album while discussing how I'm disappointed with the current Weeknd music I'm hearing. Dawg if my 2011 self could hear me right now....

bbtm > kissland.

I did say I don't think Starboy sounds bad but I'm not going to really praise music for not sounding bad when it doesn't necessarily sound great either. 

Party Monster definitely sonically is better than Starboy but pretty much feel the same way. Heard it and was like oh this isn't bad but not really grabbing me. False Alarm well...uh...I can see it being popular?

None of these songs I'm hearing sound as bad as I thought some of the stuff on BBTM did but it just doesn't really invoke any emotion from me. 

Basically how I feel. It's gonna get to the point where I don't even check for his music anymore, if I hear it I hear it.

bbtm > kissland.
I REALLY like certain songs on BBTM but certain songs are straight unlistenable.

First 4/5 songs on Kiss Land and how they flow into each other is so crazy to me that it makes up for the weaker songs.

I like these. I feel like there both a take down a bit of the Hills and Angel honestly. I'm here for the growth of these guys like Weeknd and Gambino. Im interested in the growth of artists and believe this will be a good album. False Alarm might be the least liked project on this album.

Daft Punk man....man! That groove on that track is so nice.

Last edited:
Looks like there will be 4 Max Martin produced tracks on this album

Last edited:
According to that list it looks like Doc was a producer on 7 tracks.

Last edited:
Whole lot of Doc. :pimp:

Too much Max Martin and Cashmere Cat but I will withhold judgement until I listen.

Excited to listen though. :pimp:

The new songs are good. I feel it coming is like some **** Selena Gomez would sing. This album is gonna be Kiss Land all over again. Which isn't a bad thing but not necessarily what I'm looking forward to

BBTM is what i meant no idea why i said kiss land. But yea still not the sound I was hoping for. Hopefully the songs he released so far are strictly for the masses. False Alarm is probably the worst song I've ever heard by him. Starboy and Party Monster I *** with.

Back
Top Bottom