The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just saying, b. Those lyrics were deep and a bit too vivid. Label may need to keep an eye on this guy. Hopefully he's not trying to join the 27 club. :lol:

For real though. :nerd:

Last edited:
Ordinary life quickly creeped into my top 5 weeknd tracks, he just skated all over that and its too real

Last edited:
Just saying, b. Those lyrics were deep and a bit too vivid. Label may need to keep an eye on this guy. Hopefully he's not trying to join the 27 club. :lol:

For real though. :nerd:

Crazy you said that, I said the same thing a little time after the Trilogy dropped. I hope its just music and he's not too strung out.

Sadly wouldn't be surprised...

I doubt it.

In his Zane Lowe interview for Beats 1 (which was great), he talks about how he was riding that slippery slope at the beginning of his career during the Trilogy.

Talked about how much drugs he had to do to just feel comfortable on stage because of his anxiety, drinking a whole bottle of Henny on stage etc.

Then he said that he's chilled way down now and has his team always keep him in check.

Says he doesn't even drink before performing now.

Not even going to get deeply into this because it's creepy and unecessary but you never know with these types of artists

Saying the right things is great but you never know what these dudes is thinking and when they could revert back. On the flispide all the success could also play a factor not to mention how finding and losing his first love(s) could effect him..

I think once the dark side of fame sets in, we may get the darkest material from him we've ever gotten. I also think with him and Bella breaking up, if he's writing a lot during it, next album could be an emotional rollercoaster

Ive always wished the best for everyone but if the weeknd goibg down dark times means we get something trillogy or kl like im all for it

In his interview he said if he was going to get married he'd hafta retire. Don't see that happening

It's a pretty interesting listen. I haven't watched the video yet. Still plenty of mystery left to the guy

Not another HOB...but just maybe... another Kiss Land. Imagine another Kiss Land project with a lot of Ethiopian influence...

I'm saying the styles are different album to album

Abel ain't gonna make another HOB

Still don't get what you tryna say, he made Thursday, EOS, Kissland which are all different yet of the same quality.

Not to mention he just said he wants to make a sequel to Kissland eventually.

:lol: if this album should come with a lesson, it should be to not anticipate the recreating of any past project when it's time to press play on the new release.

Based on HoB, you'd never expected dude to drop a song like Rockin'. But in the same vein, you would've expect the guy who came up with Earned It to drop Ordinary Life.

Might as well stop hoping for something that sounds like ____ at this point.

We can all agree that as long as dude doesn't drop trash like kotf/titr, we'll be set.

Think the album is great top to bottom but I can't lie, I'm pretty bothered by the direction he's going in. No more working with one team for an entire album, no concept to the album (his explanations have been extra weak at best), no more long songs. Not many people are going to rock with all these genres and the critic scores are gonna be all over the place. I understand making hits but making a classic album should be the goal too. That's what really pushes pop artists over the top.

This guy had some nerve talking bout "god damn b I am not a teen choice" then putting Love To Lay on the album :lol: I like the song but that was definitely a N'Sync leftover from Max Martin.

Lol bro I just listened to one of those nights :x :x :x

Son, idk how y'all can pretend these watered down future joints and even close to what he used to do...son used to be so raw, would body any track. Now he just use that same flow.

"Woke up by a girl I didn't even know her name"

"I'm a mutha****** starboy" :stoneface:

"Growth" :lol: helllllll naw

He just switched his style up. Let's just leave it at that. But tryna say he's progressed an all that just isn't true

Last edited:
He definitely progressed , on many levels. Maybe not towards the direction we want but he has. The guy wants to be the next mj, definitely closer to that than he was a couple years ago.

That's why you don't judge him by the past you have to think of him as a new artist

There's no point in comparing because the old weekend is a completely different artist than what there is now

Lol bro I just listened to one of those nights :x :x :x

Son, idk how y'all can pretend these watered down future joints and even close to what he used to do...son used to be so raw, would body any track. Now he just use that same flow.

"Woke up by a girl I didn't even know her name"

"I'm a mutha****** starboy" :stoneface:

"Growth" :lol: helllllll naw

He just switched his style up. Let's just leave it at that. But tryna say he's progressed an all that just isn't true

You guys are negating the idea that there's progress being made because it's not being done in the direction you'd prefer.

Back
Top Bottom