The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like I been saying, dude's playing the long game. He wants to be one of the greatest of this generation and he's doing what he has to, to do that. In order to do that he's gotta appeal to the masses. If not, he'd go down as another Akon

I don't agree with this at all.

He's not "playing the long game" or setting himself up to be the greatest by making Max Martin cookie cutter pop, he's just trying to expand his audience and continue to gain popularity/fame which is fine.

Playing the long game would be making more experimental music which pushes and changes the sound of "pop" music like he was after he already has this level of popularity.

He accomplished this by The Hills which went #1 while sounding like nothing else out there at that level but he didn't do that here.

This is just more of the status quo.

Not a criticism but call it what it is.

Akon was dope, I use Akon because Akon fizzed out. Nobody checking for Akon's music anymore. Guy use to be the go to mf for rap hooks. Weeknd was heading down that path. You gotta reinvent yourself over and over to stay on top

I mean I never saw weekend heading down that path. But furthermore I think Akon is doing things more important than music

Last edited:

He's not "playing the long game" or setting himself up to be the greatest by making Max Martin cookie cutter pop, he's just trying to expand his audience and continue to gain popularity/fame which is fine.

Playing the long game would be making more experimental music which pushes and changes the sound of "pop" music like he was after he already has this level of popularity.

He accomplished this by The Hills which went #1 while sounding like nothing else out there at that level but he didn't do that here.

This. It's not even like he's pulling an Eminem and throwing 1-2 singles on the album and keeping the rest how he wants. You could tell he was gunning for like 14 hits on this. Dude needs to find the right balance if he wants to be great.

And I like the album a lot.

I feel you guys hear The Weeknd and think it's Pitbull :lol:

Ya loving reminder huh? Its winning the poll. Im surprised. Would think ordinary life would have been the clear number one here.

Last edited:
More than enough tracks on this for me to say the guy I grew to love is still here.

I'm also very aware of what his end goal is so the rest of them on there are understandable. They're not bad songs but if it was the type of music I was introduced to him by I wouldn't be checking for him as I am typically not an R&B fan

Chalking it up as another classic in my eyes because if I personally picked the 10-12 songs I wanted to be on it to line up with everything else he's released it'd be that fire

Last edited:
I'm between sidewalks, ordinary life, and party monster as my favorite track off the album

Hmm kinda sad I can actually narrow down a favorite song off the album. The mixtapes and KL I don't even put myself through the headache of trying.

Sidewalks, Die For You, Ordinary Life, Party Monster for myself, also have True Colors, Starboy and All I Know in the rotation. Think that makes 7 songs off the album I saved on Spotify. 

Live For, Wanderlust, Professional, half of the Kiss Land song, belong to the world are weak yet it's hailed as a classic :lol:. Folks just love that dark sound and hate anything upbeat. That's the bottom line. And change is progression. ICFMF is a testament of that. Like he said in the song, he turned a song about his face numb from blow into a pop hit. Thats not easy to do in this musical climate. He strayed away from his formula to do something different. That is progression. Just because the results are different from what you want them to be doesn't mean it isn't

Rockin garbage tho :lol:

Last edited:
Live For, Wanderlust, Professional, half of the Kiss Land song, belong to the world are weak yet it's hailed as a classic :lol:. Folks just love that dark sound and hate anything upbeat. That's the bottom line. And change is progression. ICFMF is a testament of that. Like he said in the song, he turned a song about his face numb from blow into a pop hit. Thats not easy to do in this musical climate. He strayed away from his formula to do something different. That is progression. Just because the results are different from what you want them to be doesn't meab it isn't

Rockin garbage tho :lol:
Professional weak? Congrats you're on the opinion don't matter list with Halftime, the dude who Said BBTM better than KL, and the dude listening to HOB for the first time

If you hear Starboy and think cookie cutter pop then that's just you upset lmaoooo

This man gave us 27 tracks on 3 albums in a certain style and has given us like 50 tracks on 3 albums in a different style and y'all still gonna hope for that initial style in his next album aren't you?

Professional weak? Congrats you're on the opinion don't matter list with Halftime, the dude who Said BBTM better than KL, and the dude listening to HOB for the first time

I'm saying, :lol:

Dude really thought he was saying something there too.

Man shut up with that "bottom line" crap. :lol: Music is too subjective for there to be a bottom line. You can't even stand firm on your " folks just love that dark sound and hate anything upbeat" claim because madd people are in here hailing Secrets. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom