The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Hills' success really makes me wonder from time to time if Kiss Land's "weak" reception was more of a result of poor timing than anything.

Like, what if we didn't get any project in between the Trilogy remaster and Love Me Harder and Earned It; do you guys think that would the wave those two songs created for him would have made Kiss Land do Beauty Behind The Madness numbers?
Had to do a double take at the SN to post ratio :lol:

This the kind of post you'd normally don your fun police badge for :lol:

I don't think it would of been possible for KL to have came after those 2 mainstream singles... It came from a darker place then where he's at now (BBTM).

Last edited:
been saying this forever now , kissland is the greatest album ive ever heard personally. track 1-4 alone 
pimp.gif

it might be because this album came out when just KNOWING about the weeknd opened up a whole demographic of hipsters and party girls to holla at livin' in miami // separation from babys mother // and vividly spending weeknds listening to the album in full while at home with my daughter and she plays with toys while i 2k it out , or where ever place i would take her (internets done scared me a bit , i tend to stay home 90% of my free time) and even she knows just about every song in the album (shes 5 now) but i will admit her absolute favorite weeknd song is outside with odd look being a very close second. Had to teach her to not sing the bad words 100% srs lol .

fam is the goat though , you know your one musical ************ when you got my not even 3 year old i think at the time daughter humming singing ( i cant explain it she doesnt know how to say the words but is doing her best to say them but she knows them , get me ?) within a week of the album dropping she knew this part , "you can come to my hotel , you can bring me some friends , you can dress up like twins , i can teach you some french"

nowadays i cant even take my daughter for a ride without playing outside / odd look / or migos - look at my dab first , shes not 5 yet lol 

Last edited:
Maybe a few years ago it would seem strange but **** his music now is kid friendly so I don't see why not :lol:

Had American Idol on last night....one of the contestants sang Earned It.

I was torn.

I'm happy for the kid, but he's gone forever.

What are you talking about? What does "mix show" have to do with anything?

You seem to have missed the point of what I said.

But if you want to take it there, the song also isn't on the radio because of Roc Nation.

Its being worked by Republic which had the highest ever share of radio play of any label for one year in 2015. They crush records at radio.

So you're still wrong. If you been around this thread long enough, you know I know what's what with Abel etc.

Roc Nation is helping but the idea that they're the reason for everything happening with Belly is absurd when he already had the connect with one of the biggest artists in the world (They share managers). And the same team that worked Weeknd to radio is working Belly now.
So its just coincidence that he signs with roc nation mgmt then gets radio spins in the u.s.?

No a feature is not going to get you automatic radio... whoever told you this is a liar. Radio stations are TOLD what to put in the mix show and so we are clear this means they are told by upper level directors what songs to play. 

XO has a distribution deal with republic btw.. There is no dictation that says distribution constitutes radio, just so you know. 

Just so you know, Belly has writing credits on 6 records on BBTM. Ben billions is my dude.. I've heard it from him as well. Juss sayin

Just watched Blade Runner for the first time.  COCAINE CRACK.

I see where the inspiration came from for TITR.  Makes me appreciate it more now.

Going to have to go and watch the directors cut or final cut sooner or later.  But man, movie was made in 82'.  So ahead of it's time.  

Is Wicked Games his magnum opus?

I was watching a video I recorded at Barclays of the closing of the show, and I was reminded of the energy I felt during that song. It was unlike any other feeling the entire night.

Personally, wish I could see Coming Down performed live, but Wicked Games gave me chills.

The birds part 1 live was surreal. I've seen most of what I wanted to live.

Give me Nomads, XO The Host, Valerie and The Birds part 2. My life will be complete.

Dios mio if I ever heard The Host live.... I may say f my job and tell the person next to me to pass dat s***

Back
Top Bottom