the wire marlo vs avon

who do ya thing was da better king pin marlo stanfield or avon barksdale me personally i liked both but if i had 2 choose it wud b avon cause marlo sumtimeskilled 4 no reason

Marlo didn't beat the system, he got lucky that his case was tainted and was let off. Avon took the one charge and got out in no time and then was set upby his partner, police really only caught him the once.

Truth is they both tore up Baltimore looking for Omar, luckily Kenard took care of that for Marlo (otherwise there would've been trouble). They both hadtrouble putting business ahead of that gangster stuff but Avon was somewhat more willing to listen. And as far as business in Baltimore and abroad, Avon wasrespected, Marlo was feared.

In reality they were very similar except for that and their home life/party life.

I'd say Avon, primarily because of the way he ran his organization. They didn't kill everyone at the drop of a hat like Marlo. They actually rewardedloyalty and somewhat took care of the underlings. Bodie said that to McNulty when agreed to testify against Marlo. I don't think that Marlo'sorganization would have have been able to keep going on for too long the way they were spitting people out.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Marlo didn't beat the system, he got lucky that his case was tainted and was let off. Avon took the one charge and got out in no time and then was set up by his partner, police really only caught him the once.

Truth is they both tore up Baltimore looking for Omar, luckily Kenard took care of that for Marlo (otherwise there would've been trouble). They both had trouble putting business ahead of that gangster stuff but Avon was somewhat more willing to listen. And as far as business in Baltimore and abroad, Avon was respected, Marlo was feared.

In reality they were very similar except for that and their home life/party life.

Agreed
Marlo had no real ties to family which made his circumstances different from Avon's. They were both the same charcter in reality. They were savage coldblooded gangsters with a level headed right hand (String/Chris). The only reason Avon fell (the second time anyway) was because he was dealing with is equal inMarlo, betrayel, as well as all the issues he had before. Marlo was undisputed when his empire fell. I think their circumstances kind of defined them but theywere indeed the same. Both had to have the crown and their corners.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Marlo didn't beat the system, he got lucky that his case was tainted and was let off. Avon took the one charge and got out in no time and then was set up by his partner, police really only caught him the once.

Truth is they both tore up Baltimore looking for Omar, luckily Kenard took care of that for Marlo (otherwise there would've been trouble). They both had trouble putting business ahead of that gangster stuff but Avon was somewhat more willing to listen. And as far as business in Baltimore and abroad, Avon was respected, Marlo was feared.

- this.

- and my vote goes to Avon

imma go with avon just cuz hes the og kingpin of the show and i enjoyed the seasons with him at that start of the show more then i did with marlo towards theend

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Marlo beat the system
How is this even a question
it's a valid question. like someone else said, marlo didn't beat the system. he got off on a technicality. another thing for you tothink about is that it's OLD SCHOOL (avon) vs. NEW SCHOOL (marlo). avon believed in tradition and a code. marlo didn't give a cluck about nothing butthe dollar.

a better question would be, "which crew would you roll with?" my choice would have been marlo, cuz he was smarter than avon, and prolly moreruthless. stringer was the only "x" factor, and that was cuz he was trying to make the businesses legit.

i liked both crews avon,weebay,string,bodie, slim charles vs. marlo,chris,snoop,mike. but my man marlo won in the end! damn i wish they wouldnt have cut itso short after 5 seasons. they could have turned the plot many different ways, they had at least another good 2-3seasons left in he tank. i i miss every sundayat 9pm hearing HBO GUY: "And now the HBO original series The Wire"
smh.gif
THEE BEST TV SERIES HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!

I liked the Barksdale crew better, but If I had to choose a crew to run with it would have to be Marlo. He was all business and embedded loyalty in his crew.Avon gave up Stringer to Omar and Mouzzone. He got too emotional at times.

Marlo had fear. Avon had respect. In the drug game fear>respect.

Avon didn't exactly give up Stringer, Stringer put himself in for betraying Mouzzone and Omar both. Avon tried to make it right but it couldn't befixed.

And they couldn't run 2-3 more seasons because there weren't any more major issues about the city, except the inflow of Hispanics. If they had kept theshow going it would've just wound up just being a repetitive gangster story.

Marlo's run as top man lasted what 2 yrs...

Avon had been runnin +%%! for yrs.

thats why Mcnutty even got involved.

its no comparison, Avon was that deal.

and he kept it under wraps

Dumb $%# Deangelo brought all the heat out in the open.

Avon

Barksdales ran *!% smoother. If it wasn't for Stringer he probably would have never got caught.

Plus Marlo needed Avon to become top dog. He was still just a member of the Co-Op. Prop Joe was the main guy because he had a line to the Greek and that goodproduct. If it wasn't for Avon putting Marlo on with Vondas, "them eastside !!+@@%$" (c)Avon would still be running things.

Back
Top Bottom