The word God is nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness.

I gotta question for the religious folk...

Say one day religion and a higher being were PROVEN to be false. As in its a FACT that its not real, its accepted that its not true.
What would you do then??

Say one day religion and a higher being were PROVEN to be false. As in its a FACT that its not real, its accepted that its not true.
What would you do then??

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

What would you do then??

they'd still practice religion. it would be easier to continue the lie rather than admit than you spent your whole life believing a mere story

What would you do then??

they'd still practice religion. it would be easier to continue the lie rather than admit than you spent your whole life believing a mere story

^^^

that will never happen so that's a moot scenario

wholetime i forgot i posted in this topic (good ol
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
) but i honestly didn't read the letter... the quote i put up was in response to the title of the thread since he is saying that there is no God and trying to use einstein to justify that claim.

i honestly don't know why there's a religion bashing thread like 4X a week though... its getting real old, like you athiests are insecure or something... but that's just how it comes across to me

^^^

that will never happen so that's a moot scenario

wholetime i forgot i posted in this topic (good ol
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
) but i honestly didn't read the letter... the quote i put up was in response to the title of the thread since he is saying that there is no God and trying to use einstein to justify that claim.

i honestly don't know why there's a religion bashing thread like 4X a week though... its getting real old, like you athiests are insecure or something... but that's just how it comes across to me

You are right tho Pusha. No one is going to stop believing based on NT thread. Id much rather life make people get real.

You are right tho Pusha. No one is going to stop believing based on NT thread. Id much rather life make people get real.

Originally Posted by red mpls

The irony of the constant barrage of threads like this is that those making them seem just as, if not more, obsessed with religion and God than the so-called religious fanatics... and are convinced that your point of view is the correct one just as much as the staunchest of believers... and attempt to force your beliefs on others just as much as those you mock and insult.

The irony of the constant barrage of threads like this is that those making them seem just as, if not more, obsessed with religion and God than the so-called religious fanatics... and are convinced that your point of view is the correct one just as much as the staunchest of believers... and attempt to force your beliefs on others just as much as those you mock and insult.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The religious had a couple hundred years head start and then like a 8 century movement. Those that subscribe to the opposite have only recently increased.
And your response is relevant... how?  Your response is not even accurate and really has nothing to do with the hypocrisy of the actions of some non-believers (which I described in my post).
Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

And it also  happens  the other  way around, too. Many atheists have suppressed peoples freedom to be religious  outside the US. Priests were  executed by the government in Mexico.  For a long time   china didn't allow people to be openly religious. Religious people in  the USSR  had it much worse  than non-believers in America.
And OP's response is.....?  Or do you only care about such matters when it is the religious who are culpable and not the non-believers?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

The religious had a couple hundred years head start and then like a 8 century movement. Those that subscribe to the opposite have only recently increased.
And your response is relevant... how?  Your response is not even accurate and really has nothing to do with the hypocrisy of the actions of some non-believers (which I described in my post).
Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

And it also  happens  the other  way around, too. Many atheists have suppressed peoples freedom to be religious  outside the US. Priests were  executed by the government in Mexico.  For a long time   china didn't allow people to be openly religious. Religious people in  the USSR  had it much worse  than non-believers in America.
And OP's response is.....?  Or do you only care about such matters when it is the religious who are culpable and not the non-believers?

everyone is entitled to their own beliefs or non-beliefs.

God FMW

wouldn't know where i'd be without him

God FMW

What would you do then??

Your hypothetical is never going to happen-- the reason religion continues to play such an important role in society.
Anywho, I think this quote is fairly interesting from Einstein:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[sup]5[/sup]

"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

I think it takes a certain intellectual approach to be okay with the unknown.  Part of the turnoff of science fanatics and religious fanatics alike is the amount of absolute certainty expressed by both parties.  How can you be so sure of something when so much unknown exists on both ends?  After all, science is only made up of a few actual laws--the rest being hypothetical.  Einstein admitted this himself.  Einstein and fanatics are celebrating two very distinct things.  Einstein sees the beauty of the unknown or the inexplicable... and the fanatics celebrate the beauty of "knowing the truth" (speculation and belief).

What would you do then??

Your hypothetical is never going to happen-- the reason religion continues to play such an important role in society.
Anywho, I think this quote is fairly interesting from Einstein:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."[sup]5[/sup]

"I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangements of the books, but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God."

I think it takes a certain intellectual approach to be okay with the unknown.  Part of the turnoff of science fanatics and religious fanatics alike is the amount of absolute certainty expressed by both parties.  How can you be so sure of something when so much unknown exists on both ends?  After all, science is only made up of a few actual laws--the rest being hypothetical.  Einstein admitted this himself.  Einstein and fanatics are celebrating two very distinct things.  Einstein sees the beauty of the unknown or the inexplicable... and the fanatics celebrate the beauty of "knowing the truth" (speculation and belief).

What would you do then??

Would never happen, though.

What would you do then??

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

What would you do then??

Why?

What would you do then??

Why?

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

What would you do then??

Why?
Until someone comes up with answers for the beginning and the end..... 

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

What would you do then??

Why?
Until someone comes up with answers for the beginning and the end..... 

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

God FMW

Probably still alive and still ticking as you are today.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom