The Wu-Tang Appreciation Thread

Wu is my favorite thing in hip hop.
I used to find out about classic hip hop records (I was born in '90), then make a list for Xmas and my bday of albums I wanted and my folks would pick a couple from that list to get me. Eventually I got 36 Chambers and my mind was blown. I loved Kung Fu culture and having it blended with hip hop and some of the craziest production was surreal.

Masta Killa's No Said Date is the most underrated out the camp IMO

No Said Date is great but it got a decent amount of hype at the time. Kind of a shame he followed it up with Made in Brooklyn. I haven't listened to anything from him since but meant to check out Loyalty is Royalty because it had some 9th Wonder beats.

OB4CL 1/2, Liquid Swords, and Fishscale would have to be my favorite Wu-Tang releases. Few songs get some spins in a music shuffle.

Excellent Thread!

Raekwon still remains my favorite member. It was originally Method Man but after the Purple Tape dropped, that changed immediately.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is not only my favorite album from the Wu-Tang collective but also in my top 5 favorite hip hop albums of all time.

Supreme Clientele is Ghost's overall best album but Ironman has more replay value, imo. (260, Faster Blade, Fish, Iron Maiden, Box In Hand)

Also, I know I wasn't the only Wu stan that bought this Killarmy album when it dropped in 97 :lol: :lol:

R-312821-1464063945-6669.jpeg.jpg

Album was low key fire too

I think I only learned english because of Wu-Tang in the mid 90s. I didn't understand it at first but I like the beats and the sound effects. Then over time the rhymes and the lyricism started to click. I've said it before but Inspectah Deck is super underrated.

OB4CL is my favorite album of all time. Wu-Tang Forever is my top group album. Don't think I've ever heard Killarmy but this thread makes me wanna check them out.

I think I only learned english because of Wu-Tang in the mid 90s. I didn't understand it at first but I like the beats and the sound effects. Then over time the rhymes and the lyricism started to click. I've said it before but Inspectah Deck is super underrated.

OB4CL is my favorite album of all time. Wu-Tang Forever is my top group album. Don't think I've ever heard Killarmy but this thread makes me wanna check them out.

It’s a shame we didn’t get the original Deck album due to the flooding of the RZA’s basement, I know it would have been a classic.

An Inspectah Deck/Masta Killa album would be cool, especially if they got Bronze Nazareth to do all the production. That Ghost remix album coming out soon sounds really good.

U-God probably has one of the strongest verses on any song in the Wu catalog (his verse on chessboxin). Liquid Swords & Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version are my favorite albums out of the collective. Gravediggaz first LP is the best Wu related material IMO even if the relation is very distant and more of a Prince Paul influenced thing.

Back
Top Bottom