The year was 1997.. the year that I got into sneakers...

In the summer of 1997, I remember getting this eastbay magazine after 4th grade year going to the 5th grade. I remember my brother showing me this magazine with the Jerry Rice Nike air Inbiguius(sp?) max on the cover. Going through the magazine with so much heat, this page caught my attention the most. I remember I circled the blue Foamposite ones knowing darn well I was t going to get them with a $180 price tag at the age of 10...lol. Then, the Jordan 12's, Black Air Pippen 1, and the Nike Air Bakin were the shoes I had to get down the line. Of course, my mom wasn't paying that much for a 10 year old at the time. Lol. The moral of the story is, Those 4 shoes alone were what got me into sneakers today!

View media item 2199581View media item 2199583

View media item 2199586Now, I'm happy to have these 4 shoes in my possession which have a true sentimental value to me! Once I get my hands on the space Jam 11's this December, I think I'm going to retire from getting sneakers for awhile. After all, it's nothing else I really want (Maybe a remastered Black/red Jumpman Pro?). Just wanted to share this story. I'' sure it's a few shoes that got you into the habbit.

Never ordered off eastbay back then. Would peep the magazine and head out to NT PDX. Who would of thot the shoe game would get this crazy

I have those 4 as well and copped the Jumpman pros that released this year. I remember this vividly. Everything in that first page I saw on feet in my junior highschool. I remember I couldn't even get the catalogue .. I had to keep sending that little form that was in the middle of the book until I finally got a mag sometime in 8th grade (98).

Back
Top Bottom