THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might have been mentioned in here already, but I just noticed that the Nets have a 4 game win streak going. Has Kyrie missed all of those games?

The Lakers and Clippers are going to meet in the WCF barring a significant injury to one of the four stars.

The power duos are too strong and the supporting casts are good enough.

Just need to avoid injuries to Bron/AD/Kawhi/Paul

The other matchups in the WC playoffs should all be fun, too.
Pretty much my stance as well as I’d be inclined to bet on Bron/AD over Harden and Jokic in a 7 game series. I do however think there’s a chance that we could see the Clips/Lakers matchup happen prior to the conference finals though.

This might have been mentioned in here already, but I just noticed that the Nets have a 4 game win streak going. Has Kyrie missed all of those games?

i think it was dstaxx who posted a pretty interesting stat without kyrie and yes i believe so

i gotta digg for the tweet unless someone got it saved

I heard something on the radio yesterday that the Celtics/Nets are like 30-8 without him dating back two years.

Besides the Clippers, I can't overlook the Jazz in the playoffs.

Not really "scared" of anyone else come playoff time.

Besides the Clippers, I can't overlook the Jazz in the playoffs.

Not really "scared" of anyone else come playoff time.

Jazz have a lot of talent, but as constructed right now the Lakers are a horrible matchup for them.

Their weaknesses are where we excel

Lakers are way too seasoned for the Jazz IMO. Only team on paper beating the Lakers are a healthy Clippers. Honest opinion.

If sports has taught me anything it’s that we never get what we want. The Clippers and Lakers aren’t gonna meet in in the WCF, if at all. One team won’t make it that far. Hope it aint us

Y’all have been warned.....

8978EFD5-CBC0-4690-B4C0-0EBB0736A25B.gif
DF0E394A-8CA1-400E-B9AA-40E86C1AC6B3.gif

Talk soon :pimp: :nerd:

“It’s not that we didn’t know how to act (around him),” Smart said. “It’s that we didn’t know how he was going to act. We didn’t know what his moods were and we didn’t know what Kyrie was going through. And that made it tough on us because if somebody’s going through something in their life and you don’t really know what it is, it’s kind of hard to see what’s wrong with him, it’s kind of hard to (provide) some help. It’s not against Kyrie, it’s just a defense mechanism as a human being you have. And he wasn’t here long enough to really be able to open up the way he probably wanted to, and it probably got to him a little bit.”

Pretty much my stance as well as I’d be inclined to bet on Bron/AD over Harden and Jokic in a 7 game series. I do however think there’s a chance that we could see the Clips/Lakers matchup happen prior to the conference finals though.
Most intriguing thing for me in that matchup is who caves to the other's style first...

The Lakers are at their best defensively when they can roll out Dwight or Javale with AD and just suffocate the paint.

Can they get away with that against the Clips? Too many shooters and too much floor spacing. Not it's not like they can force the issue with Dwight or Javale offensively and make the Clippers cave into Zubac playing 30+ minutes.

Could totally happen sooner - but I just don't know that I see any other team in the West hanging for 7 games barring a significant move prior to the deadline.

Rockets ain't it. The Mavs duo ain't ready. I don't trust Denver or Utah as constructed yet. Portland needs to make a move to be relevant.

Most intriguing thing for me in that matchup is who caves to the other's style first...

The Lakers are at their best defensively when they can roll out Dwight or Javale with AD and just suffocate the paint.

Can they get away with that against the Clips? Too many shooters and too much floor spacing. Not it's not like they can force the issue with Dwight or Javale offensively and make the Clippers cave into Zubac playing 30+ minutes.

Could totally happen sooner - but I just don't know that I see any other team in the West hanging for 7 games barring a significant move prior to the deadline.

Rockets ain't it. The Mavs duo ain't ready. I don't trust Denver or Utah as constructed yet. Portland needs to make a move to be relevant.

the Lakers big weakness is no big wing defenders.
the Clippers weakness is no bigs.

unless AD goes nuclear in the playoffs I think the Clippers are more likely to exploit the Lakers weakness than the other way around.

Lakers are in trouble if Danny Green gets into any kind of foul trouble because KCP, Caruso and Bradley are too small for Klaw.

Last edited:
the Lakers big weakness is no wing defenders.

unless AD goes nuclear in the playoffs I think the Clippers are more likely to exploit the Lakers weakness than the other way around.

Lakers are in trouble if Danny Green gets into any kind of foul trouble because KCP, Caruso and Beverley are too small for Klaw.

Pat Bev gonna guard kiwi?
think you meant bradley

i think they might hold their own against kiwi on the perimeter with some help, but theyll be food in the post.
my concern is PG, kuz and dudley arent enough

the Lakers big weakness is no wing defenders.

Lakers are in trouble if Danny Green gets into any kind of foul trouble because KCP, Caruso and Beverley are too small for Klaw.

Kawhi gonna eat the entire series No doubt. Maybe at the end of games Bron or AD get put on him but there's no answers for him.

PG on the other hand just based off the way he plays i think can be contained by Green, He's not a guy who gonna continue to attack the basket or severely out power Green.

AD is Going to Have to ABUSE Trez/Green the entire series tho.

I just don’t really see why the Clippers would have to cave in at all. They are one of the best rebounding teams in the league, and Dwight and Javale aren’t good enough offensively to really effect them. Plus having them on the court inherently pushes AD away from the basket, which I don’t think they want.

Kawhi and BPG are going to be able to get anything they want, and the Lou/Trez PnR is incredibly difficult to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom