THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea these are my thoughts too. I believe in divine intervention so I think it's gonna be a Lakers/Celtics finals with the Lakers taking it

quote me in June
I also believe in logic and know that ain’t happening lol

Divine intervention would be Lakers - Sixers. The team Kobe played for vs his home town team

Freezing cold take right here.

He has the most passionate fan base arguably in all sports.
Of course his fans acknowledged him properly, and even beyond, but I'm speaking about everyone else, including myself. There were lists produced recently, by professional writers, that had him outside the top 10 all-time. Hell, the night before it happened we had hot-takers with their best "Bron has always been better" takes once he was passed on the all-time scoring lists.

one thing I know is if the Clippers win, my trash talk will be almost non-existent towards Lakers fans. Wouldn't feel appropriate
I already said this ... I cant hold this one against Lebron .... win or lose ... im good with the outcome. but that's not to say that he will not get murdered by Kobe fans.

With that said, he is set up for the chip. Before Kobe's death, I had them as heavy favorites and I already was mounting my argument against ya dudes **** talking .

However, This is a double blade swore for Lebron ... if he wins, I truly believe that the majority of the people will say he's the GOATs, but if he loses.

Last edited:
The Portland Trail Blazers have struggled this season, but Damian Lillard is still warning opponents not to count him out.
That's what he indicated to Russell Westbrook during their trash-talking in a game two weeks ago.
The 29-year-old revealed to Jason Quick of The Athletic that after arguing about Westbrook's free-throw shooting, the Houston Rockets guard came back by asking, "What playoff seed are you all?"
Lillard responded: "You know I'm the last person you want to see in the playoffs.'"

1580323409813.gif

might be bitter if he loses but idk
I’m not sure it’ll matter that much because this is such a heavy tragic thing and it’s going to be looming hard the rest of the way

that’s a lot of burden man
He already had the team and LA weight on his shoulder now he has this monumental pressure from Kobe’s loss and legacy

it’s tough man I don’t think people are gonna kill him for it esp considering he’s one of the handful of current players that have taken it real hard

daunting task. Everything about it makes it worse from him passing bean in pts to kobes lasts posts and to Kobe literally callinghim before they got on the team plane. Human Element man

at the time I thought the retirement tour was kinda corny but I’m so glad he did that.

he’s one person that I feel like got his roses while he was alive. He knew how much he meant to people and under 30 hoopers in general.

retirement tour also helped us get BI which got us Unibrow so THANKS AGAIN BEAN

the Lakers literally had to bring in grief counselors for the staff & players.... and yet some of ya'll can't configure how a team that effected by the death.... could not have winning basketball games as their main focus & motivation........
So just because the lakers brought someone in ??? Like WTF does this even mean .....

Kobe meant a lot of millions .... some dudes in here need counselors because they are so ****** ....

Makes no sense stop limiting Kobe to LA and the Lakers ..... yes he embodied LA and Lakers nation, but to limit his impact around the world and say that's more important is an insult to Kobe.

Ya need to stop this narrative ASAP.

Why would the 1st place Lakers winning the Championship be a cinderella story?

Maybe if the snuck into 8th or something.

Anyway, I get that the Death has a huge impact on the franchise and it's fans. It would be a feel good story for the Lakers.

I wouldn't be upset if the Lakers won tbh, but people gotta stop acting like they don't have the best record in the west and they’re underdogs or something.

Last edited:
trynafeelmink trynafeelmink is responding to someone who made an obvious observation that the Lakers, as a team, will be extremely focused on trying to win the chip even more now. This brings them even closer.

He's just stating facts. Of course the Lakers will be even more motivated now. The Lakers were already focused on one thing this year, but now the entire team will activate playoff Lebron and push even harder.

Fans aren’t the most reasonable the pilot is already getting slandered some on social media. Saw one tweet saying that the pilot set Kobe up. Whatever findings they find keep it to the families of those involved.

f no. public record bruh. there aint gonna be no secrets in this ****. tell me what happened.

might be bitter if he loses but idk
I’m not sure it’ll matter that much because this is such a heavy tragic thing and it’s going to be looming hard the rest of the way

that’s a lot of burden man
He already had the team and LA weight on his shoulder now he has this monumental pressure from Kobe’s loss and legacy

it’s tough man I don’t think people are gonna kill him for it esp considering he’s one of the handful of current players that have taken it real hard

daunting task. Everything about it makes it worse from him passing bean in pts to kobes lasts posts and to Kobe literally callinghim before they got on the team plane. Human Element man
We will never ever feel the pressure from millions of people like Lebron is. I can't knock the man for not winning the chip because ultimately I know this chip means the world to him.

1. For Kobe
2. For his legacy

He went to LA saying his legacy was established, little did he know .... he is playing for his legacy.

IMHO

having Kobe outside of the top 10 doesn't meant he wasn't loved. And saying Lebron is better also doesnt mean he isn't loved. The 2 have nothing to do with the other.

Kobe is one of the most beloved players of all time. His fans are borderline lunatic for him.

yup.. you can still be critical of kobe the basketball player.. doesnt mean you dont recognize the impact he had or the great player he was.. or shhh realize the tragedy that happened

it's hard to top magic as the greatest laker of all time to me, just because the things he accomplished in his short time (5 championships and 9 finals appearances) plus the things he has done off the court.. plus he would have had an impact on things with the team even after his playing days or direct affiliation with the team

or even kobe as a player, we know/knew he was an incredibly smart guy in and out of basketball but he wouldnt politic certain situations with teammates or he would be defiant to logic at times on the court (which is why i rate duncan higher all time).. just made aspects of him frustrating (or easy to talk shh about)

but you gotta admire the hell out of how competitive dude was and how he had zero backdown.. i mean we know dude wouldnt have pulled that p*@*@y shhh durant pulled when joining the warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom