THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will never ever feel the pressure from millions of people like Lebron is. I can't knock the man for not winning the chip because ultimately I know this chip means the world to him.

1. For Kobe
2. For his legacy

He went to LA saying his legacy was established, little did he know .... he is playing for his legacy.

IMHO

His legacy won't be worsen if he doesn't win it.

I’m not about to blame a dead pilot who flew in intense fog ... RIP to that man

i will. they said police and other services grounded their heli's because of the conditions. but said the decision is up to the pilot. If he was negligent and irresponsible, he getting these bars. dead or not. You dont become exempt from blame just because you died. You have a responsibility Families were obliterated because of his error, if it is found to be his fault. Dudes knew it was foggy before he ever turned the key.

Too keep 💯 kobe has to take some blame too. Why fly so much for such a short trip? Buy a spot in Thousand Oaks so you got a place to stay for the weekend and drive. Not sure about the carbon footprint compared to a private plane but that too.

man what? no. none of that. fall back.

His legacy won't be worsen if he doesn't win it.
For me?? No because his legacy is solidified with me ... For those border liners, def ... especially when people move on from Kobe's death .... I think that's where people will start going OD.

But I can be wrong .....

We will see.

i will. they said police and other services grounded their heli's because of the conditions. but said the decision is up to the pilot. If he was negligent and irresponsible, he getting these bars. dead or not. You dont become exempt from blame just because you died. You have a responsibility Families were obliterated because of his error, if it is found to be his fault. Dudes knew it was foggy before he ever turned the key.
At the expense of the pilots family? Come on fam .. they have nothing to do with this.

We all know **** ain't stopping at it's the pilots fault.

honestly the whole lebron doing it for kobe is corny to me. Kobe and lebron never played on the same team. If kobe passed while playing on the same team as lebron..yea i see it. If LeBron and Kobe played on the same team and then Kobe retired and then shortly past… yeah I can see it. Lebron doesnt even have the same mentality or killer attitude that kobe. Hes a big baby and doesn't have that killer instinct. I dont see ANY similarities between the two at all. Now just because LeBron is on the Lakers he feels obligated? It’s just dumb to me. Obviously if an all-time great comes to the Lakers in the twilight of his career.. Obviously he’s going to welcome him with open arms and say they are “ family now”. But give me a break. If kobe died while he and dfish were playing. Dfish gonna win it for kobe. I get that.

For me?? No because his legacy is solidified with me ... For those border liners, def ... especially when people move on from Kobe's death .... I think that's where people will start going OD.

But I can be wrong .....

We will see.

for casual fans, maybe but who cares what they think lol.
for knowledgeable fans, no it wouldn't make a difference.

We will never ever feel the pressure from millions of people like Lebron is. I can't knock the man for not winning the chip because ultimately I know this chip means the world to him.

1. For Kobe
2. For his legacy

He went to LA saying his legacy was established, little did he know .... he is playing for his legacy.

IMHO
yeah i know how you feel about the guy too :lol:
but this... bruh this like insurmountable pressure

like if they don't win there will be people that get mad but at the same time this tragedy was just so shockingly abrupt and sudden and it's going to be pressing over their heads all season

that's tough man
i got enough mental obstacles and i'm just a regular bum from cali :lol:

Seeing Shaq breakdown was rough. :frown:
very. And seeing Kenny Smith explain his morning after finding out Rick Fox was on the helicopter, and then not on the helicopter was something else. You can tell Fox not only had to deal with the loss of Kobe, but his friends and family members who thought he was gone as well. Rough

I don't understand this narrative at all that Lebron has to win it for Kobe. I doubt kobe cared much how the Lakers was goin to do this year. He had this whole other life. He's been to three nba games this yr and two of them were Hawks games (cuz Trae was gigi 's favorite player).

People really putting it on Bron to avenge the death of Kobe or something...
some people are

most of it is more like
"if we win, it'll be amazing/fairy tale/heart etc but ill be fine if we don't"
but some of it is like
"we gotta get this thing for Bean now"
and even a smaller bit is
"bron better win this for Bean now"

from what i see on twitter anyway

I don't understand this narrative at all that Lebron has to win it for Kobe. I doubt kobe cared much how the Lakers was goin to do this year. He had this whole other life. He's been to three nba games this yr and two of them were Hawks games (cuz Trae was gigi 's favorite player).
nobody is saying he HAS to win it, are they? I know the Lebron haters probably feel like he better win it (more because his team is set up to win it) but not because its for Kobe

him and Bron had actually gotten pretty close though

like it's haunting
his last posts are to him and then he calls him before bron gets on the team plane and kobe gets on the chopper

and since the tragedy there's a huge hole and i feel a lot of people feel that the lakers winning it in his honor would just be beyond words

most people aren't pushing it too hard tho cuz from what i see most people are saying its more than just ball rn

yeah i know how you feel about the guy too :lol:
but this... bruh this like insurmountable pressure

like if they don't win there will be people that get mad but at the same time this tragedy was just so shockingly abrupt and sudden and it's going to be pressing over their heads all season

that's tough man
i got enough mental obstacles and i'm just a regular bum from cali :lol:
Ya dudes dont ....

I dont hate dude and I have never wished him ill. That's a family man, role model to millions, vocal about **** that matters and contribute to the youth.

To be honest ....

I hate Michael Jordan, he used to abuse my Knicks. The only time I was happy for Michael was when he left to play baseball .. gave my Knicks a chance.

I also hated Kobe, for trying to be like him. Every move, the ******* defense .. it was like I was seeing MJ again.

But ultimately the same reasons I disliked them w qss s the same reason i became a fan. The will to win, the killer instinct, the never quit or make excuses attitude. Like man ... these dudes just different man ... they never were the chosen one, they weren't the number #1 pick ... they weren't given all the accolades before day 1 ... they worked their asses off and took them.

If you know what I mean ..

But with MJ, I just dont have that feel for him off the court. Never seen dude be a father, not to say he's not a good one. Never saw or heard dude talking about **** that matter .. like hes a rich guy that was great at basketball ... Kobe worked on his image and the love he showed for his family made this tragedy a hard one for me.

If Lebron was to die, I def would shed a tear because like Kobe he means a lot to the community and dude has been real role husband and family man role model. Never one scandal and has always been there for his kids. And although I hate when people give him accolades for being a father and husband, truth be told .. the minority and black community needs to see it ...seeing a family dad and mom together no stepping out and showing what real men do, means a lot.

Just saying.

yup.. you can still be critical of kobe the basketball player.. doesnt mean you dont recognize the impact he had or the great player he was.. or shhh realize the tragedy that happened

it's hard to top magic as the greatest laker of all time to me, just because the things he accomplished in his short time (5 championships and 9 finals appearances) plus the things he has done off the court.. plus he would have had an impact on things with the team even after his playing days or direct affiliation with the team

or even kobe as a player, we know/knew he was an incredibly smart guy in and out of basketball but he wouldnt politic certain situations with teammates or he would be defiant to logic at times on the court (which is why i rate duncan higher all time).. just made aspects of him frustrating (or easy to talk shh about)

but you gotta admire the hell out of how competitive dude was and how he had zero backdown.. i mean we know dude wouldnt have pulled that p*@*@y shhh durant pulled when joining the warriors
Magic was my all time favorite Laker. I grew up with Showtime and being a Lakers fan. But then I stopped being a Lakers fan when Pat Riley left and began to root against the Lakers when Shaq came. It was the final nail in the coffin for some reason. But I always loved Kobe.

Kobe has surpassed Magic for me now. Not because of his passing. But 20 years, 5 rings. His accomplishments speak for themselves

nobody is saying he HAS to win it, are they? I know the Lebron haters probably feel like he better win it (more because his team is set up to win it) but not because its for Kobe
When you say Lebron haters, you really said the majority of Kobe stans.

So that's that ... give two **** if he wins or loses ... my problem is that everyone is already starting the narrative, when in fact anyone that wins this year will have a feel good story about how much Kobe meant to them ....

At the expense of the pilots family? Come on fam .. they have nothing to do with this.

We all know **** ain't stopping at it's the pilots fault.

i didnt say anything about his fam. but, i hate the term 'accidents just happen'. That's ********. And actually, more often than not, not true. If you run back through history to most accidents, there was always a catalyst that put things into play. It's usually through error that 'accidents just happen'. This wasn't an unforseeable act of God. This was human error. Somebody has to be blamed. Families are destroyed over this. A helicopter didnt just fall out of the sky. Physics didn't suddenly defy its own law. The mountain didnt just come out of nowhere, it wasn't a deer in the road. The choice should've been made on the ground to not fly if the conditions were bad enough for other services to ground their flights. Arrogance put that flight in the air.

Not even blaming the pilot yet. Just saying, some blame will be handed out eventually. You don't escape responsibility simply because you perished, if you're the prime reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom