THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they would have been just as wrong.

This is the problem. There shouldn't be a "race" to break tragic news for the sake of clout.

That’s my point. It is a problem. Hence the gift and the curse of the age of information. Sadly, TMZ is one of many outlets that only care about breaking news at all costs.

Just to clarify, I ain't mad at TMZ for reporting the news but I'm upset that they didn't alert Kobe's family first.

Some news outlet probably would've done the same thing, but it highlights that you care more about the Clout than the people that passed away as well as their families who had to suffer.

TMZ are essentially sm*t peddlers. They shouldn't be confused with traditional news outlets.

Ellen Pompeo probably ain't lying that they pay off the LAPD and other agencies for sensitive info so that they can get the first headline.

I think I'd feel the same no matter where I get the bad news of a loved one dying from. I doubt Vanessa is thinking of who broke the news first right now.

They released the news before even informing Kobe's family.
**** happens all the time ... ya want to act like OMG, how can TMZ do this, but a lot of the people complaining are the first one to support these type of outlets.

Again, the majority of news media would of have leaked if they had the inside track.

Stop blaming TMZ and blame the first responders that take pictures of victims and call all the blogs to get the highest price.

Ya miss me with that BS.

yeah it’s legal, but it’s at best in poor taste and at worst despicable.

they reported the story around two hours before any other major outlet said anything. The others assuredly doing their due diligence and having journalistic integrity. IMO tmz and whoever their inside source is should feel awful.
Journalistic integrity? Of they didnt pay the right people.

Integrity went out the door a long time ago.
Constitutional ≠ Ethical

I could go take a cell phone video of a fatal car wreck and it would be constitutionally protected.
Princess Diana.... this has been going on for ever. If the video was on WSHH, it be having millions of view.

I get what you're saying, but **** was going to happen whether it was TMZ or not.
Right? Seems pretty self explanatory. Its F'd up.
Self explanatory???? Again, miss me with this. Cant pick and choose ... has happened all the time, now is a time to put a stop. Let's be mad at who the **** leaked the pictures.

Where's the sheriff outrage when his office leak victims pictures to the blogs.

All I'm asking why ya mad now.
TMZ deserves all the smoke.

When there's a tragedy (car accident, shooting, etc) you usually hear "police have not released the names of the victims" or something along those lines, so the family can first be notified.

TMZ doesn't adhere to those journalistic standards or ethics because they're vultures. This isn't new. They don't care about people.
You're right.. the police. Lots of media outlets of they get a hold of the information would.

I don't give a **** about TMZ ... is ******** ... but I'm not mad at them because they are doing what millions of people support.

Stop supporting them .....
And they would have been just as wrong.

This is the problem. There shouldn't be a "race" to break tragic news for the sake of clout.
Breaking news ... exclusive... etc ... this is their livelihood.. dont pick and choose what news people want release and which one dont.

They were wrong for doing it before the family knew.

You think Vanessa wanted to find out her husband and child died via a bottom ticker on TV or social media?
No ... she wouldnt have want the cops either, a ******* complete stranger.

TMZ are essentially sm*t peddlers. They shouldn't be confused with traditional news outlets.

Ellen Pompeo probably ain't lying that they pay off the LAPD and other agencies for sensitive info so that they can get the first headline.
She's right about that ... but who's taking the pay off. She need to go after the people that are 1. Taking those pictures or 2. The people that leaked them.

You guys talk about clout, wtf you think she's doing this for?????

This is not a defense, but Spain’s article is like the 3rd one I’ve seen with a similar theme, i.e. - you can’t remember Kobe without acknowledging the bad things he did, including Eagle. I don’t agree with that, but I suppose it’s only natural some people would take that position in the Me Too era.

At the end of the day, those kinds of articles aren’t going to anything to diminish his legacy or memory to most people.

And let's be clear the "bad thing" he did was cheat on his wife. That chick went to a party bragging about being with Kobe according to 5 witnesses.

The young woman accusing Kobe Bryant of rape bragged about the alleged assault at a party last week - and gave a graphic description of the NBA star's anatomy, partygoers said. Steve Evancho told NBC News that he was surprised when the 19-year-old woman showed up at his house party on July 15 - three days before prosecutors slapped Bryant with sex assault charges. "She was bragging about the whole thing," Evancho said, adding that the woman seemed "happy. She was having fun.

"She even answered a question about the 6-foot-7 L.

A. Lakers star's manhood, five people at the party told NBC. "She answered with a gesture and a description," said NBC correspondent Michelle Hofland. "They couldn't believe it.

You guys talk about clout, wtf you think she's doing this for?????

She's been on the wrong end of the media spreading rumors, so I'm guessing she empathizes with the Bryants. She's an award winning actress who makes like $20M/year I don't really think she needs any clout, whereas TMZ does need it to sustain their brand.

She's been on the wrong end of the media spreading rumors, so I'm guessing she empathizes with the Bryants. She's an award winning actress who makes like $20M/year I don't really think she needs any clout, whereas TMZ does need it to sustain their brand.
What?

Bruh ....

You do know that TMZ annual revenue is more than that. People pay for this BS.

Just cause you have money doesn't mean you aren't a clout chaser.

Journalistic integrity? Of they didnt pay the right people.

Integrity went out the door a long time ago.

Princess Diana.... this has been going on for ever. If the video was on WSHH, it be having millions of view.

I get what you're saying, but **** was going to happen whether it was TMZ or not.

Self explanatory???? Again, miss me with this. Cant pick and choose ... has happened all the time, now is a time to put a stop. Let's be mad at who the **** leaked the pictures.

Where's the sheriff outrage when his office leak victims pictures to the blogs.

All I'm asking why ya mad now.

You're right.. the police. Lots of media outlets of they get a hold of the information would.

I don't give a **** about TMZ ... is bull**** ... but I'm not mad at them because they are doing what millions of people support.

Stop supporting them .....

Breaking news ... exclusive... etc ... this is their livelihood.. dont pick and choose what news people want release and which one dont.

We'll just agree to disagree. I'm baffled though

And i don't support TMZ. Am i now allowed to believe what they did is wrong? Or nah?

What?

Bruh ....

You do know that TMZ annual revenue is more than that. People pay for this BS.

Just cause you have money doesn't mean you aren't a clout chaser.

You're missing the point. TMZ needs these type of headlines to sustain their brand. That's what I'm saying. They need the clout by way of crossing people, either through snapping pictures of them coming out of rehab or prematurely breaking news unethically.

Obviously they're worth more money than her :lol:

She just doesn't seem like someone who needs a twitter beef for notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom