THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not have been aware he had it but it's been the biggest story worldwide since January :lol:, the public's been made well aware and warned on what precautions to take for weeks. Why do you think antiseptics are damn near out of stock everywhere and folks have been warned off of shaking hands?

It was a dumb joke at the time, which he was called out for even before he was confirmed positive, and it looks that much worse now in hindsight...

Not at all hard to understand why he's catching heat right now, at least not to me.

Oh I get it. He made a complete a** of himself trying to be funny. I'm just saying he most likely didn't contract it from touching those mics.

Oh I get it. He made a complete a** of himself trying to be funny. I'm just saying he most likely didn't contract it from touching those mics.

Haven't seen anyone say that he did, it's just that callously potentially exposing others to something for lulz after everyone had been asked to take precautions is gonna be frowned upon. Him actually being a carrier makes it all that much dumber

Reactions: OTG
Haven't seen anyone say that he did, it's just that callously potentially exposing others to something for lulz after everyone had been asked to take precautions is gonna be frowned upon. Him actually being a carrier makes it that much dumber
Is he actually exposing others by touching the mics? If it's an airborne virus, wouldn't talking/breathing on the mics be even worse? I'm legit trying to understand how it works :lol:

Is he actually exposing others by touching the mics? If it's an airborne virus, wouldn't talking/breathing on the mics be even worse? I'm legit trying to understand how it works :lol:

There's a reason why folks are being asked by experts to avoid shaking hands/direct contact, touching their faces, asked to use disinfectants/wash hands constantly etc because of how fast and easily this thing is getting spread...

Disease control centers and health orgs aren't just saying it for jokes, given that we're months away from any potential vaccine and new test showing that it can survive on surfaces for up to 3 days.

I can't defend a violation of hygiene at a time when basic hygiene has become as important as ever, that's me though *shrugs*

There's a reason why folks are being asked by experts to avoid shaking hands/direct contact, touching their faces, asked to use disinfectants/wash hands constantly etc because of how fast and easily this thing is getting spread...

Disease control centers and health orgs aren't just saying it for jokes, given that we're months away from any potential vaccine
I'm sure Rudy had to grab a doorknob or two at some point after contracting the virus. Are people who use those same doors anymore/less at risk than the people who use those mics?

I'm sure Rudy had to grab a doorknob or two at some point after contracting the virus. Are people who use those same doors anymore/less at risk than the people who use those mics?

Those people are most likely gonna be tested and put under quarantine as well tbvh. Hell the teams the Jazz have played lately literally are right now :lol:

We're in different territory when talking about new viruses without any known vaccines for it yet which is why we're seeing such drastic measures being taken suddenly worldwide.

It's a matter of trying to minimize the contagion/spread, not a matter of it necessarily affecting you in a bad way but everyone we come in contact with which includes people much more susceptible to adverse affects from this kind of thing

I keep hearing it's not airborne but I also heard of the virus spreading on cruise ships just through the vents. Keeping passengers to their rooms wasn't enough.

for which scientists you trust or is it that anyone ll

What made up **** am I reading on the internet?

See what I mean? People just reflex before they even know where you're coming from.

I mean when people talk about "research" and conspiracy theories like you are, in particular when it comes to current ongoing events like COVID-19 they are invariably talking about watching youtube videos and/or internet posts from people with zero history or credentials relevant to what's actually going on. What are the examples of people giving you credible alternate theories about COVID-19?

The US shoudve been taking it super serious after the deaths in Washington. It hit a nursing home I believe bad, which makes sense cause obviously its elderly people in there. But still.

In any case, name of the game is to stop the spread. Whether it affects you badly enough or not, you dont want to spread it to someone who will really get hit hard.

The US shoudve been taking it super serious after the deaths in Washington. It hit a nursing home I believe bad, which makes sense cause obviously its elderly people in there. But still.

In any case, name of the game is to stop the spread. Whether it affects you badly enough or not, you dont want to spread it to someone who will really get hit hard.
The current president saw it as a hoax by the democrats. He takes nothing serious unless it affects his wallet

It's always funny to see people who watch the tv/news discredit vids from youtube
It's always worth interrogating the credentials of someone reporting information to you, what their background and experience, bias and actual evidence is. Whether you're talking about a journalist or an academic article, whatever. And no I don't watch TV news for largely that same reason.

However, by that criteria of course the youtube video makers are literally the lowest rung of credibility. Don't let yourself be lied to by people who literally know nothing just because it's alternative.

I keep hearing it's not airborne but I also heard of the virus spreading on cruise ships just through the vents. Keeping passengers to their rooms wasn't enough.
It’s definitely airborne. Can stay in the air for hours and travel up to 4.5 meters.

I mean when people talk about "research" and conspiracy theories like you are, in particular when it comes to current ongoing events like COVID-19 they are invariably talking about watching youtube videos and/or internet posts from people with zero history or credentials relevant to what's actually going on. What are the examples of people giving you credible alternate theories about COVID-19?
If I told you that bill gates hosted an event last year simulating a pandemic that kills 65 million people over 18 months, would you consider that something made up I found on the internet? Question: are you familiar with Vietnam, Watergate, JFK's magic bullet, the black Panthers, weapons of mass destruction or any other instances of legitimate conspiracies where the gov was caught lying to the public? What are your opinions about that? Do you believe in the literal definition of conspiracy or do you use the word as a pejorative to describe anything that goes against mainstream narratives?

If I told you that bill gates hosted an event last year simulating a pandemic that kills 65 million people over 18 months, would you consider that something made up I found on the internet? Question: are you familiar with Vietnam, Watergate, JFK's magic bullet, the black Panthers, weapons of mass destruction or any other instances of legitimate conspiracies where the gov was caught lying to the public? What are your opinions about that? Do you believe in the literal definition of conspiracy or do you use the word as a pejorative to describe anything that goes against mainstream narratives?

Talk ya shxt bruh.

Just to be clear: what are you suggesting about this whole current ordeal? I think I'm in your camp but wanted to be sure

BIG LEEMEWOKE
C3BD6F99-8DAE-4CC3-863C-45311C80B933.jpeg

Just to be clear: what are you suggesting about this whole current ordeal? I think I'm in your camp but wanted to be sure
Not necessarily suggesting anything besides being open minded, using critical thinking and having a healthy amount of skepticism. I don't want to make it seem like I have all the answers or even half of them. I think it's important to do your own research and not just accept whatever information you are spoon-fed by 'credible' sources.

I am familiar with Vietnam, Watergate, the Black Panthers (and many things involving Black America) where conspiracies turned out to be legitimate. And we have volumes of fact-based evidence that tell us that.

I'm also familiar with 90% of conspiracies spouted though that have no basis in fact and that list is endless.

So no, I am not saying that I offhand believe anything I'm told to be true. I am saying that I'd question any source and I don't believe in regurgitating conspiracy theories without solid evidence. As far as Bill Gates' event, I'm sure you can find volumes of academic articles with scientists telling us that we are underprepared for the next pandemic, that doesn't mean they started it, just that they turned out to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom