THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anybody who would like to actually see MJ play, and understand why he's considered the GOAT Universally, turn to NBAtv right now.

This game will show you every aspect of his game.
Easy to see how MJ> Lebron or Kobe or Kareem or Magic

Basically Lebby, Love, Kyrie, & Tristan vs. Steph, Klay, Dray, & Finals MVP Iggy.

Only MAIN difference the next year was tnr addition of KD. That's HUGE, but the Cavs got WAXED.

How can you reason that you would take that team against any Finals team in history when all it took was them adding one of the greatest players of all time to get waxed 1 year later? Any team in history but they got killed exactly 1 Finals later. 👀

Ooooorrrr... are you calling that next year's Dubs team the GOAT?

That Cavs team beats the KD warriors in 5

Yea they had ample opportunities to make that a long series. 2 OT games, Courtney Lee blew a layup in Game 2 and Fish went Fish in game 4.

I remember being so irritated watching those Finals because it could have been so much better. I don't blame Courtney Lee for that blown lay-up, it's a tough shot. But, Orlando blowing Game 4 is so inexcusable that Stan Van should have never had another job.

storm2006 storm2006 my Peloton arrived yesterday. Did a couple rides with the dude Alex. His coaching/motivation and music is basically everything I wanted out of this thing. Def need to try to buy a new seat though. Factory one is rough.

That’s what I’m talking about! He really does make you feel bad sometimes like “Damn, my output is weak AF right now...” :lol: . Just keep at it. For me, having it there, right right in front of me means I have no excuse. Even if it’s just 15 minutes, the opportunity is there. Just need to take advantage of it.

So based on the logistics, are they gonna jump straight to the playoffs once the season resumes?

That is what it sounded like. I hope they were right and can confirm. I read the cap articles that were posted the other day and it seems like for financial and logistical reasons that the upcoming decision at the end of this 30-day period would be a final verdict rather than cutting off completely.

Just a couple of my personal thoughts
  1. Coming back for the regular season seems pointless because teams out of the race shouldn’t want to risk playing after a prolonged absence and risking injury of their players
  2. Woj brought up an interesting point - you can’t (or at least shouldn’t) have the draft before or during the playoffs because it restricts playoff teams from making moves. Any movement, or lack thereof, of the draft date prior to a final decision could be an indication of their plans
  3. This could be an opportunity for the NBA to, once again, lead the way and tinker with new ways to view sports if they go with the no-fans approach

I don't see how they can go from not playing for 2 months to jumping into playoff intensity but that's just me.

07 or 14 was the peak spurs
14 is still the best team basketball I've ever seen in my life. I'm going to be showing that **** to my kids.
"This is how you play the game youngins, not that nonsense yall be doing nowadays, dunking from the 3 point line and ****"
I don't see how they can go from not playing for 2 months to jumping into playoff intensity but that's just me.
Whoever wins is going to have a fat asterisk next to that chip. Either the Clippers, lakers or bucks gonna be getting a whole lot of grimy talking done about them.

I can see it already.

"Giannis' first dont count and he know it"
"Bron got how many rings? Nah buddy subtract 1 from that. Corona season was a sham"
"Playoff P couldnt win one without Kawhi and Corona"

Not ideal, but hear me out: the same three refs (plus alternate) are assigned to specific series. They travel with the teams. Refs always travel commercial. Just give them seats on the private jets. Contain it as much as possible.

I come in peace.

Got off the phone with a dear friend of mine who works out in LA for ABC. Looks like ABC is currently scheduling the playoff games beginning in late May and having the Finals begin in late July through early August. I’m skeptics about the league coming but allegedly they have gone as far as beginning to sell the ad space for the playoffs and Finals during these scheduled dates.

Not trying to be on my Chris Broussard or spread falsehoods, just sharing what I’ve learned because there might be others who heard/know similar.

Don’t @ me.

Are you me?

14 is still the best team basketball I've ever seen in my life. I'm going to be showing that **** to my kids.
"This is how you play the game youngins, not that nonsense yall be doing nowadays, dunking from the 3 point line and ****"

Whoever wins is going to have a fat asterisk next to that chip. Either the Clippers, lakers or bucks gonna be getting a whole lot of grimy talking done about them.

I can see it already.

"Giannis' first dont count and he know it"
"Bron got how many rings? Nah buddy subtract 1 from that. Corona season was a sham"
"Playoff P couldnt win one without Kawhi and Corona"

do people bring that up in regards to Timmy and Lebron rings from the shorten seasons?

oj mayo signed to a chinese team. was previously playing in taiwan

07 or 14 was the peak spurs
2016 spurs were pretty damn good too. unfortunately, their 67 wins were in the same yr the dubs won 73
went 40-1 at home (only loss to gsw), but got knocked out by okc.

Sway, how?

That Cavs team played the KD Dubs the next 2 years and lost; the very next year they actually lost in 5. So how can you say that they would be them in 5 if they already played them and lost in 5?

That team had RJ and Dontay Jones on their last legs

Not ideal, but hear me out: the same three refs (plus alternate) are assigned to specific series. They travel with the teams. Refs always travel commercial. Just give them seats on the private jets. Contain it as much as possible.
Makes it hard for refs to stay neutral if they travel with the same teams.

That team had RJ and Dontay Jones on their last legs
Those are huge reasons why they lost. That Cavs roster just isn't as strong as that Warriors roster.

I agree with what you're saying, but that weakens the argument that that Cavs team could go up against any Finals team in history. Like I said, they lost to the very next Finals teams the very next 2 years, and now adding strength to the doubt of that argument is the fact that they had Dontay and Jefferson on their last legs.

I would like to think there would vea training camp period starting in early May if they do this.

I would propose no travel and do it like this:
Select four NBA cities that have the lowest incidence of the COVID-19 infections. For example: OKC, Portland, Cleveland and DC. Then I’d do the format like this:

First Round
Cleveland: Eastern Seeds 1 vs 8 and 4 vs 5
DC: Eastern Seeds 2 vs 7 and 3 vs 6
Portland: Western Seeds 1 vs 8 and 4 vs 5
OKC: Western Seeds 2 vs 7 and 3 vs 6

Second Round
Location 1: Two remaining from Eastern 1 vs 8, 4 vs 5
Location 2: Two remaining from Eastern 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6
Location 3: Two remaining from Western 1 vs 8, 4 vs 5
Location 4: Two remaining from Western 2 vs 7, 3 vs

Conference Championship

Finals
Assess where we are as a country and planet with COVID-19 and proceed accordingly.

As for testing, I would test all players, personnel, and production people 5-7 days before a game, and then test again the day before. Keep them quarantined in between tests amongst their teammates and team personnel who are also negative.The NBA would also help facilitate more testing for the general public so it doesn’t seem like only athletes can get access

Are you me?

I knew this was going to come up :lol: I was passing along what I heard in hopes someone could confirm. Even though it’s “just a message board”, I would never repeat anything in real life or on the internet that I thought was untrustworthy but again, this is just what I was told. Hopefully MVP MVP can come through.

Personally, I hope it’s false because of all the asterisks that will be thrown around. Also, could you imagine if Lebby, Giannis, Kiwi, etc got it mid-postseason thus altering the outcome? That would be worse than no postseason at all from a historical perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom