THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HonestBackBagworm-size_restricted.gif

idk if there's enough tests for all that

It probably is too much for every game. That would be the extreme case. Before every round is much more reasonable. If you assume 60 tests per team (Jazz has 58 people tested while on the road during the Gobert scare) for all playoff teams that’s 960 tests off the rip :wow: Not to mention broadcast teams, refs, etc. Fortunately, the amount of required tests would get cut in half each round and you’d end up somewhere between 2000 - 2500 tests from late May to early August. The US is now pumping out in excess of 100K tests per day so it’s not implausible but there would public backlash about only the rich having access.

I come in peace.

Got off the phone with a dear friend of mine who works out in LA for ABC. Looks like ABC is currently scheduling the playoff games beginning in late May and having the Finals begin in late July through early August. I’m skeptics about the league coming but allegedly they have gone as far as beginning to sell the ad space for the playoffs and Finals during these scheduled dates.

Not trying to be on my Chris Broussard or spread falsehoods, just sharing what I’ve learned because there might be others who heard/know similar.

Don’t @ me.

Not to be a party pooper, but this isn’t as promising as it sounds. They’re just preparing for a best case scenario. Arrangements, not just in this instance, are being made with the understanding that they more than likely will require changes.

Not to be a party pooper, but this isn’t as promising as it sounds. They’re just preparing for a best case scenario. Arrangements, not just in this instance, are being made with the understanding that they more than likely will require changes.

That was kind of my suspicion but I was most intrigued at the idea that they were selling ad space for games/dates. The timeframe of late May to early August, to me, indicates regular playoff formatting (all 7 game series). That would be the best case scenario. If things don’t improve, you could just start chopping games off the front end while keeping the back end relatively intact ie 5/7/7/7 then 5/5/7/7. I would love to be a fly on the wall during these discussions and how they’re weighing pros and cons. The best choice is the one that keeps the players and personnel safe but at this point, I’m convinced it will have a lasting impact on the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom