THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bam would help Giannis as a playmaker. Having Giannis not have to be the sole creator on offense leads to more opportunities to be a slasher and finisher where he's unstoppable.

Those 2 in particular may not be able to shoot the 3 but everybody else on that team can, the Heat lead the league in 3 pt percentage.

And the ability of that trio of Bam, Buckets and Freak defensively, well good luck trying to score on them.
Pretty sure they'd have to renounce Duncan Robinson and Nunn if they wanted cap space to add Giannis. Wouldn't have any of the other guys either. Just Herro.

Does Dallas even have cap space? They're at $84 million committed on the books for the 21-22 season.

Depending on the cap situation with the adjusted revenues, Giannis is going to be making somewhere between 38-42 million in his first year.

Bud went all out on the rim defense lol

No capela and they still put two and three guys at the rim on drives

Was a bit extreme and they gave up corner 3’s like crazy lmao

Would you rather play okc or Dallas in round 1
Mavs would be easier to beat ...Teams lead by young players rarely do anything in the playoffs on their 1st attempt....Dallas has the worst “clutch” offense in the league cuz they rely on a 21 year old and Kristaps who never played any meaningful NBA games up to this point ...They can’t seem to stop runs late in games either

This is also the reason why Memphis is losing the 8th seed and the Pelicans were never in serious contention for a playoff spot

Reactions: MVP
Those 2 losses were pretty tough for Dallas. Don't think they are going to be able to get out of that 7 seed. They need to pray that LAC falls to the 3 seed.

Also feel like Houston is going to want to stay in that 4/5 and not go up to 3 or fall to 6.

as of today, here are the western conference standings.

1596468124367.png

from a houston fan perspective, I think we want this to stay as is. a first round matchup with the jazz works for us because without bojan, i don't think they have the scoring punch to beat us. our ability to switch plays rudy off the floor, and i'm more comfortable with them trying to adjust to us than us worrying about rudy.

i think the lakers are a "better" 2nd round matchup for us than the clippers are. I say better, but by no means think its ideal. It goes back to the idea that we have a better chance getting the lakers out of their gameplan by going small. I don't know that the lakers want to isolate as much as we make teams by switching. with that said, i could see us scraping and splitting games 1 and 2, then having dead legs from guarding bigs so often that we get run out the rest of the series. the clippers are better suited to go small and match us, but they present their own problems between PG, Lou, Trezl, and Kawhi being able to all go off.

either way we're likely not making a title run, but i think this gives us the best shot at it.

Does Dallas even have cap space? They're at $84 million committed on the books for the 21-22 season.

Depending on the cap situation with the adjusted revenues, Giannis is going to be making somewhere between 38-42 million in his first year.
Would depend where the cap goes, i think. If it's 125, they're right at 40m.

They'd probably need to unload at least one of Maxi/Powell/Wright/Curry.

None of which are likely to be all that difficult.

Last night shows why a lot of people still don't fully trust the Bucks. In the clutch, when the game slows down and you need to get a basket and a half court they don't have many places to go. They rely on Giannis driving towards the basket (and even then, he tends to be clumsy with turnovers) but beyond that, and no one can really create their own shot consistently in the half court offense. Every other top contender has a go-to except the Bucks
Bledsoe was out, he’s not great or a go to bucket but he can create his own offense if need be ...I think they had Sterling Brown or White Donte out there in his spot and they can barely dribble ...Witout him, once you wall Giannis off you know anybody else that touches it guaranteed to throw up a contested jumper, including Middleton

German Reggie isn’t a wing
Roberson has played 1 game in over 900 days
CP3 isn’t a wing
Dortz is good but he isn’t what you think of when you say okc has playoff level wings
SGA is my man

not seeing this okc wing depth at all
OKC def has athletic wings to throw out there...They play Dortz, Diallo, Roberson , Bazley, and Ferguson in an emergency/foul trouble ...That’s all they been drafting for like a decade :lol:

Would depend where the cap goes, i think. If it's 125, they're right at 40m.

They'd probably need to unload at least one of Maxi/Powell/Wright/Curry.

None of which are likely to be all that difficult.

Seriously doubt it jumps anywhere close to that much, with the China stuff and COVID it's expected to remain flat for next season at 109 million instead of the 115. No fans for 21 season and the BRI just isn't there, DAL would basically have to get rid of everybody except Luka and KP to even get enough room for Giannis.

Seriously doubt it jumps anywhere close to that much, with the China stuff and COVID it's expected to remain flat for next season at 109 million instead of the 115. No fans for 21 season and the BRI just isn't there, DAL would basically have to get rid of everybody except Luka and KP to even get enough room for Giannis.
Yeah, obviously a lot of variables... Even if it gets to 115, they're already at 30m in space.

They'd have to unload a couple of guys. One of Maxi/Powell and then probably realistically Delon instead of Seth.

As giveaway guys that are solid role players on totally manageable cap numbers and short-term holds, they could create enough space pretty easy.

I hate to see any player get injured the way Jonathan Issac did.

Hopefully he comes back better than ever and has a great lengthy career.

The silver lining for him now though is that he’s gonna have a lot of time to sit and reflect on his decision to stand for the anthem while the rest of his team kneels. I don’t expect a 22 year old to be able to see past his own nose but hopefully this time off will help him grow and eliminate that selfish behavior.

If the cap is $110M, Giannis can I think get 35% of the cap on a max which would be $38.5M.

Giannis (38.5) + KP (31.7) + Luka (10.1) = 80.3
Powell (11.1) + Wright (8.5) + Kleber (8.8 ) + Curry (8.2) + DFS (4) = 40.6
They are bringing on a rookie deal in this draft too, which is probably somewhere around $2M.

Would need to get off Powell's contract.

Luka/Curry/DFS/KP/Giannis would be scary.

Bud went all out on the rim defense lol

No capela and they still put two and three guys at the rim on drives

Was a bit extreme and they gave up corner 3’s like crazy lmao

that's what they do though. they close off the rim and don't foul. they're confident in the amount of 2s they can get that they don't over stress shooting 3s themselves. the way to beat their defense is bombing away from 3. it's odd because helping from the strong side short corner is almost a cardinal sin, and they just concede that shot anyways.

we get clowned for chucking 3s and a fair amount of time it's probably deserved, but the bucks were legit daring us to shoot wide open 3s. non harden rockets shots 36.7% from 3. we took what they gave us. they outscored us by 40 in the paint, we outscored them by 10 at the free throw line and 36 from 3. until we get a floor spacing big next year, this is the sacrifice we have to make.

If the cap is $110M, Giannis can I think get 35% of the cap on a max which would be $38.5M.

Giannis (38.5) + KP (31.7) + Luka (10.1) = 80.3
Powell (11.1) + Wright (8.5) + Kleber (8.8 ) + Curry (8.2) + DFS (4) = 40.6
They are bringing on a rookie deal in this draft too, which is probably somewhere around $2M.

Would need to get off Powell's contract.
Yeah, the math is pretty easy to work. Powell would be a 2/$20m guy... Maxi 1/$9m as a trade candidate. Delon 1/$8m...

They could find someone to offload one of those without a lot of issue.

I do like the idea of the Heat fit for Giannis, too... If they can't win this year, it's gotta be glaringly obvious to him moving forward they're not gonna be able to get it done in Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom