THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Release who voted for who.

Edit:

I know but still. If we're trying to get into the mindset that these things also carry weight, I really don't understand how the coaches themselves who by far have the most insight into what it takes to coach; for by far the most opaque award the NBA gives out, can look around, see what NN has done, and vote for someone else.

Release who voted for who.

Edit:

Meh. This isn’t much different than that alternate MVP the players gave Harden a few years ago. Just the coach version.

I still got Nurse winning the official NBA COTY.

I hope Giannis stays in Milwaukee.

i hope so too, but looking at their cap they're locked in with Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez until 2022-2023, Hill signed through 2021-2022. They have enough to win one imo, but Giannis has to become a respectable shooter. They'll find enough guys to sign for the minimum to have depth.

donovan getting credit for Chris Paul’s work :lol:

bingo. CP3 instantly raises a team's floor. They remind me of a slightly better last year's clippers in that they'll give anyone a run on any given night because they'll compete their asses off.

I know but still. If we're trying to get into the mindset that these things also carry weight, I really don't understand how the coaches themselves who by far have the most insight into what it takes to coach; for by far the most opaque award the NBA gives out, can look around, see what NN has done, and vote for someone else.

we could just be not understanding their criteria. they could just as easily be thinking "i thought that team would stink but they're good, here's a vote". or, they expected that raptors to still be good because they just take for granted the raptors player development? I don't think it's an indictment against Nurse, I think it's more of how these votes have traditional been given to "teams that exceeded our expectations".

Billy Donovan getting credit for leading a team to the playoffs that featured guys that made the playoffs last year.

:smh:
I'm an OKC fan and I agree this should be Nick Nurse's award. OKC was supposed to be horrible. There's really no way around it. He should have been in the top 3 any way you slice it.

OKC upgraded their Point Guard and Shooting Guard positions. The Paul George loss hurt but Gallinari fits perfectly with that team. I don’t know why people expected them to be awful.

OKC upgraded their Point Guard and Shooting Guard positions. The Paul George loss hurt but Gallinari fits perfectly with that team. I don’t know why people expected them to be awful.
I think most (myself included) felt like they were going to firesell all their vets. Given how they are a small market, that was probably a pretty dumb assumption.

If they weren't going to do that, they definitely had enough talent to make the playoffs.

Reactions: HIM
I'm an OKC fan and I agree this should be Nick Nurse's award. OKC was supposed to be horrible. There's really no way around it. He should have been in the top 3 any way you slice it.

OKC picked up the two of the best players from the clippers playoff team, kept their super 6th and big, and added a veteran HOF PG. the only way it was going to get ugly is if they blew it up. Which they didn’t.

its not a knock on Donovan or nurse but no one had the grizzlies making the playoffs. Maybe wait on COTY voting if anything

i wouldnt say awful
cant say we expected them to be dead last in the standings

Wall seems to have finally gotten serious about his career. Hopefully he keeps this energy in the '21 season. Willing to give him another shot but Wizards should have unloaded him before that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom