THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it isn't completely different in the way snowboarding is to weightlifting, sure.

But the role/responsibilities of a PG is VASTLY different in the modern era vs. 90s and previous generations.

Midas whale not even compare the dudes.

Just my opinion

yes, things have evolved/changed

but I think you could still compare certain guys and see how they would translate to a certain extent

like I see numerous guys and see how I’d love to see magic doing those things because of the level that could be taken too.. where you have bigger guys running the offense or pushing the ball or teams going small so having a 6’9 point guard that could be that much of an offensive force

hell, as I mentioned above I’d love to see jalen rose today and that ‘98 pacers team because he would be running the offense more and you’d have the shooters shooting more rather than mark Jackson pulling that backdown move he pulled where he’d eat up like 10 seconds

yes, things have evolved/changed

but I think you could still compare certain guys and see how they would translate to a certain extent

like I see numerous guys and see how I’d love to see magic doing those things because of the level that could be taken too.. where you have bigger guys running the offense or pushing the ball or teams going small so having a 6’9 point guard that could be that much of an offensive force

hell, as I mentioned above I’d love to see jalen rose today and that ‘98 pacers team because he would be running the offense more and you’d have the shooters shooting more rather than mark Jackson pulling that backdown move he pulled where he’d eat up like 10 seconds
Yes, things HAVE changed/evolved, which is why it is unfair to compare everyone using the same rubric.

There is no way to OBJECTIVELY predict a hypothetical though.

That is my biggest issue with, "Take PLayer X and Drop him into Era Z." It just doesn't work because we simply don't know.

We don't HAVE to compare these dudes. If we don't life goes on. Just acknowledge the difference in eras.

Congrats to Mike Conley on the birth of his wife's child
Mike-Conley-Baby.jpg

Yes, things HAVE changed/evolved, which is why it is unfair to compare everyone using the same rubric.

There is no way to OBJECTIVELY predict a hypothetical though.

That is my biggest issue with, "Take PLayer X and Drop him into Era Z." It just doesn't work because we simply don't know.

We don't HAVE to compare these dudes. If we don't life goes on. Just acknowledge the difference in eras.

I mean it’s sports and we’re on a message board

ain’t hard to look at Ben Simmons and think how magic could fit in the game today

i wouldn’t go too far back, because I would have zero real clue.. but guys in the 80s and 90s I think some of us are able to discuss how their skillsets would translate

this ain’t like talking football and trying to figure out how guys who played offensive tackle or guard in the 50s or 60s at 250 LBs would be able to survive in the nfl today

I know im old because I use to try to practice crossovers so I could be like Allen Iverson.

but i knees hurt too much to change directions like that.

so now I practice Jokic right foot right hand set shots. :lol:

I see some folks just read that trash Ethan Strauss article from The Athletic with some of the ratings hot takes I've seen today :lol:

Always thought the only playoff type of basketball in August during the workday would be pool play for the olympics.
2020 had other plans apparently.

I mean it’s sports and we’re on a message board

ain’t hard to look at Ben Simmons and think how magic could fit in the game today

i wouldn’t go too far back, because I would have zero real clue.. but guys in the 80s and 90s I think some of us are able to discuss how their skillsets would translate

this ain’t like talking football and trying to figure out how guys who played offensive tackle or guard in the 50s or 60s at 250 LBs would be able to survive in the nfl today
Cool. It just becomes dangerous when people use these translations as actual arguing points though. Since, we don't know since we don't have time machines.

That is the biggest issue, hell just read the convos posted here about who and what would translate.

Ya’ll gonna slander Luka if he comes up short against the Clippers?
That is what yall/media do to players, why should this be any different. A TRUE superstar leads his teams to upset playoff victories in the most CLEAR CUT, "Best Team Wins" playoff structure in all of pro sports.

He's let it happen under more ideal circumstances. Russ missing 2 games will ultimately do them in. Thunder Up.
Please name these more ideal circumstances

also do you care to wager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom