THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1599150482174.gif

I don’t have an issue with Nash not having much experience and getting the job cuz alotta former players been doing that lately...My only thing is they skipped over Jacqué Vaughn who’s been holding it down for them to do so ...You would think they would go for a proven guy if they wasn’t gon give Vaughn a chance

Stephen A talkin bout black coaches with no experience never get hired like Nash

hello. Derek Fisher.
Sick of everything looked at through the lens of race. For whatever reason they like Nash to coach KD and Kyrie.

Nash is who KD wanted isn't he? If Atkins got fired because of Kyrie and KD, seems like the Nets just pandered to them on the hire instead of just ignoring a bunch of other coaches for interviews.

Steve Nash is that dude so I hate he had to be used in this scenario, but yeah.

I'm with this. I don't take issue with Steve Nash or this situation. Apparently the players wanted him. I don't expect him to turn the position down.

I'm more frustrated that there are so many qualified black coaches who have to jump through every single hoop and work from the bottom up, but Tom Thibodeau and Jeff Van Gundy get the benefit of their name thrown out in every single head coaching search ever. You can even take off the retread coaches on the list I posted like Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd, Alvin Gentry, Nate McMillan. There are plenty of younger candidates who aren't even getting looks.

in a league dominated by black and foreign athletes, there are 19 white coaches, 5 black coaches, and 4 vacancies. Admittedly, I don't know James Borrego's (Charlotte) and Erik Spoelstra's (Heat) respective backgrounds.

The 5 black coaches are Lloyd Pierce (Hawks), JB Bickerstaff (Cavaliers), Dwyane Casey (Pistons), Doc Rivers (Clippers), Monty Williams (Suns). Of those teams, there is 1 playoff team. The Hawks, Cavs, and Pistons are in the midst of full rebuilds. The Suns have been in purgatory, but at least have attempted to spend money and attract talent in adding Rubio, trading for Oubre, retaining Booker, but are still far off because of stupidity like trading TJ Warren for cash considerations.

Point blank, black coaches aren't getting the opportunity white coaches are, aren't getting the leash white coaches are, and aren't getting organizational support. It just ins't right that Tom Thibodeau, Luke Walton, Jeff Van Gundy etc are getting looks like Stephen Silas, Jacque Vaughn, Sam Cassell, Patrick Ewing, Jerry Stackhouse etc should be getting.

It’s Steve Nash

he only quarterbacked some of the best offenses ever over like 10 years straight

and it seems like he shares the same similar ethos as Kerr. It’s also not rocket science.

No problem with this hire. Nash is a genius and on the surface is the perfect coach to work with Kyrie and KD

Nash was sooo goood and so smart you’d be foolish to say

“Well, he wasn’t an assistant and didn’t coach the Maine red claws so we’re going to go in another direction”

It’s Steve Nash

he only quarterbacked some of the best offenses ever over like 10 years straight

and it seems like he shares the same similar ethos as Kerr. It’s also not rocket science.

No problem with this hire. Nash is a genius and on the surface is the perfect coach to work with Kyrie and KD
You think he’s gonna get Ky to take more 3s per game?

You think he’s gonna get Ky to take more 3s per game?

I do and I think Kyrie is going to flourish under Nash. Nash said he himself should of shot more so I’d imagine he’d have that same impact on Kyrie

but Kyrie already was trending in that direction he was spectacular this year. Just has to stay healthy

Isiah Thomas got a good Pacers team for his first NBA head coaching job, with no prior coaching experience.

At this point, just don't think this is going to happen for him but I hope I'm wrong.

The amount of lower leg injuries he’s had before his 29th birthday is scary and now his upper body is breaking down smh

you look at his time with Boston, and his first year with Brooklyn, he’s so damn good. Just toxic as hell unfortunately. Hopefully Nash aids in smoothing that part of the Kyrie experience out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom