THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been a few days behind on the thread and fast forwarded 15+ pages only to see lebron GOAT debates

giphy.gif

Oh if we want to get into context we could also argue that he put up all these playoff stats, but he also played a lot more playoff games, against a lot of inferior talent his entire tenure in the East.

Or being given the keys to the franchise from 18 on and having less than stellar costar his first 7 years in the league. Ya'll love to highlight Lebron having "no help" but refuse to also highlight how much of a boost that gave him in getting his stats up. this works both ways.

Also i know people ran with that he can guard 5 positions thing for a long time, but it was never really true & while he was very good in his prime defensively he was never a shutdown guy (the one player people run too is always d-rose, as if the Heat TEAM didn't just take him out the series because he was playing with guys like Keith bogan & Noah next to him on offense).

You do realize most dudes aren’t prepared to graduate high school in May then be “given the keys” in October? :lol:

That’s the whole point

Morey has been *****ing and complaining about reffing so much that he dropped a manifesto in last years playoffs, is trying to get a win rescinded this season & could potentially cost the league hundreds of millions of dollars with his china fiasco.... He's itching for the league to send him a message :lol:

I forsee a drastic drop in BS calls for Harden come playoff time which means a drop from his stout 41/31 to maybe 37/25 ish, is there a place to take over/unders on that?

So bron needs more team accomplishments to prove he’s the best individual of all time.

That’s they way these convos go when it comes to team sports...Tom Brady wouldn’t have snatched the GOAT quarterback title if he didn’t win 6 SuperBowls...it is what it is...

Baseball is sort of an exception. Players aren’t downgraded quite as much individually in baseball due to lack of team success as they are in the NBA and NFL. Like how Mike Trout keeps winning MVPs, but his team never makes the playoffs.

We may never see this again, talk of a 42 year old, embarking on his 4th decade in the NBA, being traded for competitiveness instead of going back home or as a throw in to make a trade work.

Thats pretty crazy.

Props to VC. Be dope for him to get on a squad thats making a deep playoff run.

You do realize most dudes aren’t prepared to graduate high school in May then be “given the keys” in October? :lol:

That’s the whole point

the whole point is thatwe're only comparing him to all time great players, due to different situations and time periods those all time great players weren't granted the opportunity to get the same responsibility from a young age.

Ya'll are acting like he came into the league and immediately made them a contender, his teams were still pretty below average his first two seasons, however he was able to be out there from day one playing 40+ minutes which gives him a big jump on his stats.

I'm not saying that it's easy for players to see the floor from a very young age, however like many of these arguments a lot of this is predicated on era and the trends of those eras. I believe a lot of the guys who are also in the convo for GOAT could have been the #1 option on a .500 team while putting up some pretty good numbers.

the view on HS players, and how the league favored the idea of more college experience = better prospect during those times stopped some of the other GOATS from even having the opportunity to attempt to have such a role at a young age.

if they’re adjusting for pace they should also use per 36 to adjust for minutes played

That would be fare but again this is where analytics has it's flaws because even if adjusting for pace, there's no formula to account for the difference in spacing now & prior eras.

We constantly see guys in here talk about players who don't shoot the three or don't have range and how much more difficult it makes it on offensive players to find driving lanes/ easier passes.

However when we compare players from different eras there's nothing that accounts for that. I don't think it's outlandish to say that elite players from the past would benefi in both efficiency/scoring/assisting if you take them away from a system in which there's guaranteed to be 4 people in the paint at any given time..... as opposed to offenses today where your "big man" may be the size of a SF & the defense has less time to react because everyone is spacing the floor.

the whole point is thatwe're only comparing him to all time great players, due to different situations and time periods those all time great players weren't granted the opportunity to get the same responsibility from a young age.

Ya'll are acting like he came into the league and immediately made them a contender, his teams were still pretty below average his first two seasons, however he was able to be out there from day one playing 40+ minutes which gives him a big jump on his stats.

I'm not saying that it's easy for players to see the floor from a very young age, however like many of these arguments a lot of this is predicated on era and the trends of those eras. I believe a lot of the guys who are also in the convo for GOAT could have been the #1 option on a .500 team while putting up some pretty good numbers.

the view on HS players, and how the league favored the idea of more college experience = better prospect during those times stopped some of the other GOATS from even having the opportunity to attempt to have such a role at a young age.
They weren’t granted the opportunities because...... the overwhelming majority of teenagers are not prepared to play 35 good minutes a night in the NBA man :lol: that’s not an easy thing to do, even for legends. Guys like Kobe & KG took a little while.

And even then, if you start as a teenager and you’re playing big minutes then by the time 35 your body is broken down so you retire or your minutes are limited to keep you on the court.

Either way you slice it, it’s impressive when you look at him vs. ANYONE

not to mention shattering most playoff accolades. a number of the greatest playoff runs ever statistically. And the best finals numbers of all time. And the best finals performance of all time in 2016.

Jordan in 93 > Bron in 16

Anyone have any Zion updates? I follow him on Instagram and I want to make sure he is taking it easy and enjoying life.
Last I read he was supposed to come back mid December

With all the Gumbo, jambalaya, and beignets he been eating, I’m a little worried for the guy.

Bron's cap in the GOAT conversion is at #3. MJ and Kareem are in a tier of their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom