THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea firing SAS would be bad IMO

dude does cameos on just about every show possible lol rating would drop i would think

i dont get.. 160 games played hes avgs 16.4, 8.5 R, 7.9 A 2 years in league (1x AS so far) WITHOUT A 3

hes worked on his shot all ****ing summer, yall joked he would never shoot a 3 or that hes to coward

him shooting was the most talked about topic this off season..let me guess im lying bout this ?. Preseason starts he finally takes a 3 and makes it in his 1st game this season after hard work all summer ( shot looked very confident to me, what yall think?) sure time was running down on the clock at the end of a quarter i give ya that.. but for him to step into a 3 with a defender close by is a START for him.. CONFIDENCE BOOSTER

some of yas act like he can snap his fingers and the reg season start tomorrow..i guarantee once the "regular season" starts he shoots the 3 ball and when he starts making them what the excuses gonna be then ?

Regular season numbers are cool. His ppg dropped 3 points in the playoffs. He had 3 games scoring single digits last year in the playoffs. He only shot 16 free throws in 7 games against Toronto.

I think they cut in the nick of time to avoid having to do so. Luckily for him he didn't say anything that could have been taken as a slight to Israel before they cut...or else that would have been his ***.

But...let me say that I think Stephen A is well aware of that and I don't think he WOULD have.
I don't even think that's where he was going with it in terms of a slight.He was going to advocate for China becoming a total taboo subject just like Israel

not a chance SAS gets fired. calm all the way down. He didnt even say anything. You cant be fired for just saying the word Palestine on tv :lol:

I don't even think that's where he was going with it in terms of a slight.He was going to advocate for China becoming a total taboo subject just like Israel

Neither do I. I don't think Stephen A is that stupid. But the fuse was lit as soon as israel/palestine came out his mouth which is why they cut so quick...and I'm sure he got the message don't bring it up again afterwards :lol:

I’m not a Kobe fan at all but lmfao at Tatum blaming Kobe for him being trash.

nah bruh, you’re just not that good. Learn how to dribble and stop shooting long 2s. Kobe don’t got **** to do with that.

Kobe’s training really ****ed up Giannis and Klaw huh? Where’s the articles about their new training methods? :rolleyes

Last edited:
Regular season numbers are cool. His ppg dropped 3 points in the playoffs. He had 3 games scoring single digits last year in the playoffs. He only shot 16 free throws in 7 games against Toronto.

yup he struggled in the playoffs last season, part of me thinks it was him still trying to get comfy with the new acquisitions mid way thru the season..

he had a good series vs Brooklyn with game 3 ofcourse being the 1 break out game scoring wise (played excellent defense all series though)

vs raps was a complete diff story.. i dont remember much i tried to eliminate that whole series from my mind but wasnt Kawhi glued to him at all time or was he sticking jimmy b ? Simmons struggles vs Kawhi bad.. remember his first ever game vs him ? simmons had 11 TOs and kawhi had 4 steals

Simmons was playing like a female dog.. wasnt being aggressive ben like he was during the reg season.. he stood in the dunkers spot that whole series if i remember.. out of 7 games he shot 10 or more FGA 3x lol it was bad

we can visit his playoffs number after the reg season assuming he stays healthy and we make it back

im just passionate about my teams, dont mean to come off hostile just like i said im passionate philly fan

I’m not a Kobe fan at all but lmfao at Tatum blaming Kobe for him being trash.

nah bruh, you’re just not that good. Learn how to dribble and stop shooting long 2s. Kobe don’t got **** to do with that.

Kobe’s training really ****ed up Giannis and Klaw huh? Where’s the articles about how their new training methods? :rolleyes
You actually read the article or just fall for the clickbait?

All he said was-

"[I was] making the game tougher than I probably should have"
"Last year was kind of funky in all aspects," Tatum said. "I understand that. I acknowledge that, and I'm just trying to be better this year."
"Focus on getting to the basket much more," Tatum said. "Shoot more 3s, and layups, and free throws."

Thank God. Bad #influence

Trash. He literally didn't mention kobe at all.

ESPN hates kobe and loves Bronze. So weird. And random.

Kobe surely helped his game. Helped him think outside the box and add more variety to keep the defense off balance. His fault he couldn't execute what he received in the master class, like the countless other people that trained with kobe have. This article just being a chatty patty in regards to analytics and downplaying midrange and gassing up layups and 3s.

No mention of Tatum game suffering because Stevens was gassing up hayward to jack shots and **** too huh?

Last edited:
You actually read the article or just fall for the clickbait?

All he said was-

"[I was] making the game tougher than I probably should have"
"Last year was kind of funky in all aspects," Tatum said. "I understand that. I acknowledge that, and I'm just trying to be better this year."
"Focus on getting to the basket much more," Tatum said. "Shoot more 3s, and layups, and free throws."
I was gonna say...Tatum didn't even mention Kobe in that article :lol:

what’s funny is I went through the article but couldn’t find a quote lmao. I thought he said something cuz the headline though.

Tim Bontemps :smh:

i dont get.. 160 games played hes avgs 16.4, 8.5 R, 7.9 A 2 years in league (1x AS so far) WITHOUT A 3

hes worked on his shot all ****ing summer, yall joked he would never shoot a 3 or that hes to coward

him shooting was the most talked about topic this off season..let me guess im lying bout this ?. Preseason starts he finally takes a 3 and makes it in his 1st game this season after hard work all summer ( shot looked very confident to me, what yall think?) sure time was running down on the clock at the end of a quarter i give ya that.. but for him to step into a 3 with a defender close by is a START for him.. CONFIDENCE BOOSTER

some of yas act like he can snap his fingers and the reg season start tomorrow..i guarantee once the "regular season" starts he shoots the 3 ball and when he starts making them what the excuses gonna be then ?

if ben starts hittin 3s in preseason, i know someone's gonna draft him in the first round of my fantasy league.

if ben starts hittin 3s in preseason, i know someone's gonna draft him in the first round of my fantasy league.
lol reminds me 1st year i aint got a league to join

hes almost a walking triple double deff top 20 fantasy player maybe even top 15.. if he gets a jumper top 10

Bontemps definitely knew what he was doing with that article title :lol: :smh:

It’s really just about Tatum making better, quicker decisions. Mid range is still something great players have to have in their arsenal, but shouldn’t really be someone’s primary focus unless your KD or Dirk, IMO.

His shot selection was perfect in the first preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom