THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NBA needs to look at doing what the NFL did with Twitch and some other streaming platforms, too.

Find some partners who love the game, make a few national broadcasts available for them to stream and watch online.

How much longer until everyone agrees that Bron is the GOAT? He’s most gonna finish with:

4+ MVPs
3+ finals mvps
1st in points
Top 5 in assists
Top 25 in rebounds
Top 10 in steals
Top 10 in 3’s

More fuel to the fire:

The Milwaukee Bucks this season have a 13-0 record against losing teams and a 6-3 record against non-losing teams. They’re currently on a 13-game winning streak and have won the last three games by 109 points. They’ve been the most dominant team in the NBA this season. But again, their record is just one game off from what the Lakers are when it comes to games against losing and non-losing teams. Their three losses are to Miami in overtime (without Jimmy Butler), in Boston, and in Utah. Three very acceptable losses, but they’ve also only played two non-losing teams during this win streak.
While the Miami Heat have lower expectations than the Lakers, their record split is also worse. They’ve taken advantage of the easy part of their schedule, winning all 11 games against losing teams. Against teams that are .500 or better, the Heat dropped to 4-6 Wednesday night when they lost in Boston on the second night of a back-to-back. All six of their losses against non-losing teams have come on the road with one of them happening in Minnesota without Butler. Nobody seems to be worried about them beating up on lesser teams.
The defending champion Toronto Raptors have also feasted on the lesser teams. They’re 12-0 against teams below .500 and they’re just 3-5 against non-losing teams. They ran off seven straight wins recently with only two of those games coming against winning teams. Those five losses mostly happened on the road until recently. At Boston, at Milwaukee, at the Clippers, and at Dallas up until they lost their first home game Tuesday night to Miami. Sure, the Raptors lost Kawhi Leonard this summer, but nobody seems worried about their losing record against non-losing teams.
As for the Boston Celtics, they’re not undefeated against losing teams, but they are a strong 10-1 against them. Their only loss happened to the Sacramento Kings, who have started pushing their way toward being above .500 after an 0-5 start. Against non-losing teams, Boston is a very respectable 5-4 with losses happening against Philadelphia on the road opening night of the season, an overtime loss at the Clippers, a road loss in Denver, and a road loss to Brooklyn. The Celtics — like Toronto and Miami — have lower expectations than the Lakers this season. Or at least they did heading into the season. Yet, they still have very similar win/loss profiles and don’t receive similar scrutiny with a soft schedule.
As for other Western Conference teams, Dallas and Houston have had similar fates. The Mavericks have had a brilliant and surprising start to the season. Luka Doncic has led them to a 10-3 record against losing teams and a 5-3 record against non-losing teams. The Rockets with James Harden’s scoring barrage and a newly acquired Russell Westbrook have posted a 9-1 record against losing teams and a 4-6 record against non-losing teams. The Mavs will get more of a pass for this because of preseason expectations. The Rockets are hoping to comport themselves as title contenders right after they send off the proper paperwork to file a protest with the league office after blowing a double-digit fourth quarter lead to San Antonio.

They need to make League Pass an appealing product. It is too expensive for what you get.

league pass on xfinity is ****ing garbage. You have to go to a clunky app channel on your guide then find the team you want to watch with no schedule or anything. You can’t just go to a channel that the team you want to watch will be on.
And Xfinity doesn’t support use with the actual app which runs way better.

The NBA should probably move the TNT telecast to Tuesdays during football season. Can't be going head to head versus the NFL on Thursdays and not expect to get smacked in the ratings.

I’m satisfied with League Pass, which I have through DirecTV. Yeah it’s not cheap, but I typically watch multiple games on it most nights, so I feel like I’m getting my money’s worth.

But I’m old, set in my ways and not ready to get all my entertainment through the Internet. I think it’s smart of Silver to start thinking about this though because TV ratings just aren’t a good way to gauge league popularity anymore.

The NBA should probably move the TNT telecast to Tuesdays during football season. Can't be going head to head versus the NFL on Thursdays and not expect to get smacked in the ratings.
havent really watched the NFL much lately
TNF games still buns ?

The rockets/Spurs game wasn't even working right on league pass the other day. A lot of times they only have one feed instead of both home and away. I remember years back a lot of the games wouldn't even have HD feeds. The streams are better with the in-game entertainment, state farm be killing me with these Chris paul commercials. I don't know why I still cop tbh. And it's always a pain in the *** to set it up on different devices and TVs

how is college basketball doing rating wise?

I wonder if people are watching college basketball but skipping NBA. it wouldn't surprise me

The Lakers and especially dodgers ****ing over their fans with the tv issue is so crazy to me. Especially since spectrum is dog****.

Youtube TV > *

Since Sony is getting rid of Vue, I think I'm going with Youtube TV next.
Watching mutiple games through VUE>>>>>

How much longer until everyone agrees that Bron is the GOAT? He’s most gonna finish with:

4+ MVPs
3+ finals mvps
1st in points
Top 5 in assists
Top 25 in rebounds
Top 10 in steals
Top 10 in 3’s

That **** can be debated but he's definitely the most valuable player ever. Never has a player been drafted to/changed teams and made them contenders. Turned a horrible Cavs franchise into contenders, went to Miami got 2 rings, back to Cleveland and got them their only chip, after years of being irrelevant brought the Lakers back to contenders. Never been done.

Well it's never been done because the elite players of the past weren't in an era where that was a popular thing. Not to mention we're acting as if Bron didn't go to these teams with HOF talent in tow along with his pick of coaches & role players.

It's not like you just plugged him into bum teams and suddenly they're contenders, If people want to call him the most talented ever (which that in itself is in question because things such as handle, footwork, post moves, defense do exist)

stats look amazing tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom