THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh if we want to get into context we could also argue that he put up all these playoff stats, but he also played a lot more playoff games, against a lot of inferior talent his entire tenure in the East.

Or being given the keys to the franchise from 18 on and having less than stellar costar his first 7 years in the league. Ya'll love to highlight Lebron having "no help" but refuse to also highlight how much of a boost that gave him in getting his stats up. this works both ways.

Also i know people ran with that he can guard 5 positions thing for a long time, but it was never really true & while he was very good in his prime defensively he was never a shutdown guy (the one player people run too is always d-rose, as if the Heat TEAM didn't just take him out the series because he was playing with guys like Keith bogan & Noah next to him on offense).

Oh if we want to get into context we could also argue that he put up all these playoff stats, but he also played a lot more playoff games, against a lot of inferior talent his entire tenure in the East.

Or being given the keys to the franchise from 18 on and having less than stellar costar his first 7 years in the league. Ya'll love to highlight Lebron having "no help" but refuse to also highlight how much of a boost that gave him in getting his stats up. this works both ways.

Also i know people ran with that he can guard 5 positions thing for a long time, but it was never really true & while he was very good in his prime defensively he was never a shutdown guy (the one player people run too is always d-rose, as if the Heat TEAM didn't just take him out the series because he was playing with guys like Keith bogan & Noah next to him on offense).
he's literally averaged the same stats every season of his career, help or no help

Well it's never been done because the elite players of the past weren't in an era where that was a popular thing. Not to mention we're acting as if Bron didn't go to these teams with HOF talent in tow along with his pick of coaches & role players.

It's not like you just plugged him into bum teams and suddenly they're contenders, If people want to call him the most talented ever (which that in itself is in question because things such as handle, footwork, post moves, defense do exist)

stats look amazing tho

Well that's the point. No matter how you cut it nobody has done it. And Lebron didn't always have HOF talent. He was drafted to Cleveland and won 50-60 games a year with no HOF'er. The Lakers ain't have HOF talent. The HOF talent forced way to the Lakers to play with Lebron.

Was Cleveland not a bum team w/o him? Both times?

does Draymond not playing fit in the context?

Draymond didn't play in games 6 and 7? That's news to me. I still remember clearly how dudes thought the Cavs were done in game 5, despite Draymond not playing. Then after the Cavs won, they were like "Who cares? Draymond is back for game 6. They done". And even after the Cavs won game 6, the Warriors were STILL the overwhelming favorites to take game 7:

2016NBAFinalsGame7ExpertsPicks.png

does Draymond not playing fit in the context?
Sure, but that brings in hypotheticals. Hypotheticals bring nightmares to a debate. Warriors missing their 3rd best player for one game in a 7 game series doesn’t do much to the absurdity of what LeBron actually did.

Dawg what are you talkin bout? :lol:

How many 18 year olds have been prepared to have the keys of a franchise? The fact that he was great enough and mature enough to handle that is a plus.

And he was a great defender in Miami. However you wanna nitpick is pointless. A great defender is a great defender. He checking multiple positions while running the show on offense.

???

Um, the series wasn't 2-2 when Draymond was out. It was 3-1 to the Warriors.

My bad on the game count then. Regardless, one of a team’s best players missing even one game of a seven game series is significant. Cavs still won, which was an incredible feat and deserves all due credit. But at the same time it’s disingenuous to suggest Draymond missing that game wasn’t a big deal.

You wouldn't get an argument from me.
Wade shooting the same amount of free throws as the Mavs team combined was some shady ****.
I guess but also remember wade lived getting to the basket while dirk Terry etc were jump shooters. Not that unbelievable.

We may never see this again, talk of a 42 year old, embarking on his 4th decade in the NBA, being traded for competitiveness instead of going back home or as a throw in to make a trade work.

The NBA should probably move the TNT telecast to Tuesdays during football season. Can't be going head to head versus the NFL on Thursdays and not expect to get smacked in the ratings.

Speaking of this in particular, what's the reason for this week? TNT game was Tuesday and nothing tonight TNT wise, just League Pass and NBA TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom