THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke Walton finally got a real PG and it’s showing

kangz

Well, damn. Kings have won 7 of 10 and are right in contention for the 8th spot, without Bagley and Fox. Didn’t see that coming.

Maybe Luke doesn’t suck as a coach? Going to keep my eye on them...

Luke Walton is legit good from what I’m seeing with the Xs and Os. Kings run good stuff

6-3 over their last 9 and that’s without 2 starters. Wins over Boston and Denver. Let that man cook

Luke Walton w/a another smooth set to win the game there. He's been great this year man.

With one second why not just put Capela under the basket and not defend the inbound? That takes care of the Barnes cut

But I was told luke Walton couldn’t coach

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Posting up would change the entire meta of the Dallas offense, which by last check was ranked pretty high. KP needs to get his shot back much more than he needs to post up

There is also a difference between getting points in the paint and posting up, which the former I’m all for

Idk much about what posting up kp would do for Dallas' offense. So I'll def defer to you on that.

But, the guys original quote suggests that post up plays are useless and uses points per possession to justify that. That's bad Intel. To even piggy back it and say that AD should abandon the post because he isn't "good at it" isn't accurate either. Facts are, there aren't very many players that understand how to play in the post these days.

You don't tell prime shaq to start shooting 3s because his points per positron isn't as high as prime wardell.

Imo, this is an example of advanced metrics steering folks wrong.

I haven’t seen enough of the Kings’ games recently to actually comment on how much their recent struggles are on Luke. But I’m not going to assume he’s doing a bad job just because Buddy Hield is taking shots at him. IIRC, Buddy did the same thing last year at some point when he wasn’t happy with his minutes.

I haven’t seen enough of the Kings’ games recently to actually comment on how much their recent struggles are on Luke. But I’m not going to assume he’s doing a bad job just because Buddy Hield is taking shots at him. IIRC, Buddy did the same thing last year at some point when he wasn’t happy with his minutes.

It’s not just the Buddy quotes. Luke is supposed to be a player’s coach and he’s already lost the locker room 30 games into his stint. Multiple players are unhappy and requesting trades. Don’t be fooled.

prolly just sat on his balls
yall ever do that to yourselves... :stoneface:

Yes.

F9AE26E8-54FF-4515-9851-0917ED09AE33.gif

Perimeter bias for sure :lol:. Shaq warping the court don’t show up in the stat sheet...or putting his team in the bonus for an entire quarter, or being a great passing big or running the floor and opening up lanes for shooters or protecting the rim.

It’s a different kind of value. I agree tho. Prime Bron is up there with some of the most dominant players for a stretch. Jordan, Shaq, Bron, Steph as far as pure dominance over the course of a period of time.
Agreed and totally fair.

Idk much about what posting up kp would do for Dallas' offense. So I'll def defer to you on that.

But, the guys original quote suggests that post up plays are useless and uses points per possession to justify that. That's bad Intel. To even piggy back it and say that AD should abandon the post because he isn't "good at it" isn't accurate either. Facts are, there aren't very many players that understand how to play in the post these days.

You don't tell prime shaq to start shooting 3s because his points per positron isn't as high as prime wardell.

Imo, this is an example of advanced metrics steering folks wrong.
The game's evolved. Shaq-style bigs are dead and basically extinct.

Back-to-the-basket ISO situations are a waste. The math is pretty damn clear and definitive. It's a poor use of a possession.

Fox has played 14 games.
bagley 9 games
From Buddy Hield to Buddy Heeld
Bagdon been hurt and wants to get paid

all things considered they’re 1.5 games back. Still in better shape than the baby Lakers. Walton ain’t Kerr but he ain’t trash like #yall want him to be

The Kings really spent 197 Million dollars this offseason to fighting for an 8th seed.... the biggest contract they signed is Dedmon and he's barely at 15 mpg

Ya'll told me they had a good summer tho.

I'm sure someone will one day come along who will bring the mid range shot back. As in he's so good at shooting em that the league wouldn't be able to ignore it.

So before the season Buddy complained about his contract situation and what he was going to get paid, so instead of betting on himself, decided to take what the Kings ended up giving him.

Now he's shooting like *** and playing pathetic defense, his coaches are still drawing up crunch time plays for him, and he's complaining about them.

Foh Buddy. Play better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom