THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this shh bigger than basketball

I’ll readily admit I hated Kobe the basketball player, the lakers and his stans

but dude still played a huge role in my childhood.. and then when you think dude was only 41.. and then start thinking about the relationship with his daughter.. and thinking about her only being 13 and the things she’ll miss out on in life.. and then even attempting to think about how those loved ones left behind could be feeling right now.. I mean a toddler will never know her father

was actually looking forward to this season with things seemingly being more wide open than it has been in years.. but going be a while before the multitude of aspects in this whole thing just don’t hit so damn hard

It’s bigger than ball bro. It’s about life and the minuscule things we take for granted. Whether it’s waking up and seeing our families or going to work and coming back home safe or being on a message board where people share the same passion as you on things as trivial as sneakers or the best team in basketball. Cherish it all. And to that IATT IATT I can say I’ve never met you but I love our interactions on here and I love you brother even though you’re a Fraud Eagles Fraud fan :lol: you ready to see the Falcons West do work on Sunday? :nthat:

man Sports hate is part of what makes sports great,

It reminds me of the Lakers vs. Celtics Chuck Klosterman essay 33; where he argues the 1980's Celtics vs. Lakers. represents literally everything about society,
and that all human beings can be split into exactly two categories, Lakers people and Celtics people. :lol:

While the article is obviously partly joking there IS a pearl of truth at the center...and that is

the great athletes, the truly great, the memorable ones, the ones that inspire passion, hatred, love, awe, they represent more than the themselves,

they represent the oldest, most primal emotions, **** like fear, love, hatred ambition, drive, compassion...

and hating a great athlete or loving them is a way for us to define ourselves in an increasingly chaotic and unclear world...

and when you lose that athlete especially in such a thudding and final way....

whether you hated or loved them you feel unmourned...abandoned.

**** is dark.
Even Jordan had haters

Just comes with the game

So i'm confused, Trae had to change his number back to his normal #11 even though he tried to switch to #8 the other day and now Embiid can play in #24 all of a sudden?

13968564.jpg

It’s bigger than ball bro. It’s about life and the minuscule things we take for granted. Whether it’s waking up and seeing our families or going to work and coming back home safe or being on a message board where people share the same passion as you on things as trivial as sneakers or the best team in basketball. Cherish it all. And to that IATT IATT I can say I’ve never met you but I love our interactions on here and I love you brother even though you’re a Fraud Eagles Fraud fan :lol: you ready to see the Falcons West do work on Sunday? :nthat:

yea man.. BSin on NT talking shhh about sports and other shh makes the day a hell of a lot faster/easier.. literally will sit on conference calls farting around on here talkin shh

but man didn’t expect that shh to hit so hard.. I mean dude was a pretty private dude but we still obviously knew way too much about him and saw him from such a young age.. and just how invasive the internet era is now, we see dude court side with his daughter.. just nothing scarier than the many things that was going down in that one instance

but yea just need Sunday to come to get the constant reminders of that shhh just out the way... but yea Andy finally finally finally going do the damn thing, least I hope

I remember being a kid and cutting pics out the news paper and taping them to my wall.

My uncle, who put me on the game of basketball, buying me magazines. Id sit and read those over and over until i memorized them.

My pops made a hoop out of coat hanger and nailed it to the wall in our apartment. I used to imitate this guy, as well as others. Watch NBA on NBC and then during commercials try to imitate what i just saw. My ball was crumpled up paper with rubber bands :rofl:

I always wondered what made Jerry West so successful with players and why people go to his teams when he is in the front office. Like how he said the players were played well if he was involved and you never lie to a player.

Got Mr. Jerry west on this pregame show… This is so crazy with them sitting on the court with the building to themselves. Poor kob’ and gigi :’(

It’s starting to feel like… It happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom