THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definatley think it should.

Like Wilt passed away tragically at 61 and we didn't retire his jersey league wide,

If we retire Kobe's league wide you implicitley saying that Kobe is more important than Wilt or that wilts death is not tragic enough. or wilts life is worth less than kobes.

Feels like a creepy comparison to be making.

If mark cuban wants to do that then cool, but the league shouldn't be retiring anyone jersey league wide.

you’re the one making the crappy comparison.
how you going to compare Wilts known heart problems with an event like this and with his daughter at that?

ain’t know one even saying wilts life was worth less. Just that Kobehad a bigger impact.

So I relapsed today and have been drinking but my drinks are for Mamba. I hated dude so much for beating AI my favorite player in the finals, but always respected dude. Was just slandering the man yesterday in fun after Bron passed him on my bday. What makes it crazier is that he literally died the next day after bron passed him. We won’t even get to see him court side at games anymore. I’m returning back to sobriety tomorrow. Just had to pour out some liquor for Kobe tonight and have one last drink before I fully embrace sobriety. Been crying all day smh.

i don't want a fight a battle im just giving my opinion.

again, to me the NBA would be saying that Wilts life is worth less than Kobe's life and that's an unsavory thing for league to be doing.

It's obviously horrifying what happened to Kobe, im not tryna denigrate the grief people feel in anyway, i feel the same way.

I just think we shouldn't be comparing tragedies,

and the league retiring Kobe's number league wide forces us to do that.
It just sounds like you're over thinking this man. I'm sure wilt's family doesn't care at all that the league is retiring kobe's number.

again, to me the NBA would be saying that Wilts life is worth less than Kobe's life and that's an unsavory thing for league to be doing.

No and no

To you and probably only you

This gesture in no way would scream Wilt's life was worthless to anyone

Wilt died tragically, was a greater player on the court, was probably the first NBA superstar, integral to the leagues success,

if you retire Kobe's number league wide it's totally reasonable to ask why not Wilt?

if a team wants to retire that number they got the right to. I dont think it should be mandatory.

its a good gesture out of respect though

i don't want a fight a battle im just giving my opinion.

It's obviously horrifying what happened to Kobe, im not tryna denigrate the grief people feel in anyway, i feel the same way.

I completely agree with your point.

But if we are just talking on a team by team basis, leave it up to the team.

Playing 81 games is such a small thing in the grand scheme that it should absolutely happen. The NBA has played less games over labour disputes, they're talking about shortening the season just because right now.

Cut a game for Kobe.

you dont have to know kobe personally to feel grief... if you were a fan and followed his career its understandable to be emotional...i remember a few years ago when paul walker died a lot of people were devastated cuz they followed his career in fast in the furious so it was the same thing... i loved paul walker in the series but didnt feel the same hurt like when kobe passed today but i understood it... but then you had some people hating like people die everyday b! or you aint know them personally so why yall hurtin... like foreal man its not even about that... you respect that person and follow them in their career so you are hurt regardless if you knew them personally...

I definatley think it should.

Like Wilt passed away tragically at 61 and we didn't retire his jersey league wide,

If we retire Kobe's league wide you implicitley saying that Kobe is more important than Wilt or that wilts death is not tragic enough. or wilts life is worth less than kobes.

Feels like a creepy comparison to be making.

If mark cuban wants to do that then cool, but the league shouldn't be retiring anyone jersey league wide.

Let’s just agree to disagree. This isn’t a day to argue.

I wonder how the Asian countries are taking this? Specifically Japan, China, and the Filipinas
Dude was beyond loved out there.

A banner is hung at one of the major arenas in the Philippines (Araneta Center) to commemorate Kobe’s last visit in Manila in 2016. The other banner is the Thrilla in Manila in the 70s.

That Mamba Tour was one of the MOST MEMORABLE events of my life seeing him in person, and I gotta say that Bean is a national hero among Filipinos man. I’m sure they’re celebrating his life right this moment.

The rest of Asia is CELEBRATING MAMBA’S LIFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom