THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m like the number one Kobe and Laker hater on NT and today was a sad day even for me.

Today must have been an even harder day for Kobe and Laker fans.

Can’t imagine the pain his wife and daughters must be going through.

Hope everyone finds some time to spend with their loved ones.

Hope everyone has a better day tomorrow

RIP
Me too bro. I was a big Kobe and Laker hater and I’m all messed up. Been crying all day.

My girl was traveling all day and didn’t see any of the clips. I’m sitting here re-watching all the tributes with her and she’s holding it together better than I am

My cousin who died three years ago was a huge Kobe fan. I know he would be sick right now if he was still here. Kobe brings so many feels Man.

They said he flew out of John Wayne today. So I’m assuming he had to be driven to John Wayne.

the private sector though would have the helicopter ready to go. He’d just have to walk through the building and walk into the helicopter. From the time they get to the airport, they could be airborne in 10 minutes. They don’t have to go through security and all the normal airport BS when you fly on private jets / helicopters.

Today was just a trip down memory lane for me. A lot of grade school memories flashed before me because it was in grade school when I was the biggest kobe stan.

By the time I got to hs, I switched to AI...but in my grade school days it was all about Kobe.

Who remembers Kobe's cameo in Hang Time?

At the time, I really thought this cameo was the best thing ever lol

Last edited:
the private sector though would have the helicopter ready to go. He’d just have to walk through the building and walk into the helicopter. From the time they get to the airport, they could be airborne in 10 minutes. They don’t have to go through security and all the normal airport BS when you fly on private jets / helicopters.

Exactly. It’s going to be net positive in terms of time by far taking the helicopter.

A596A4B2-4400-4684-8218-E22F0647C3A8.jpeg

3E969F15-C45C-4158-A0CF-C7475E8175C7.jpeg

Yo im in front of staples center. You’d think we won chip the way it’s looking out here purple and gold showing out

O wow didn’t know this. But if there’s a bag log in the air because of traffic or weather I’m sure they would prob have to wait. I’m prob just sick and in disbelief. Just would have hoped Kobe would have drove to game.

I need every filthy rich billionaire, celebrity, athlete, and entrepreneur on this planet to pool their money and resources together and pay the scientists and aliens whatever they need to invent a time machine, go back to the time Kobe left Newport this morning and tell him not to go to the Chopper and instead take the Range Rover.

man these vendors already got the Kobe rip tees. **** got me hot man

Still can’t believe it, it’s past midnight here and I can’t sleep at all. Been watching highlights, tributes etc. And it’s all so numbing. Kobe was that dude for me growing up. My unforgettable memory of Kobe was when I was 12-13 yrs old, I just got gifted the ZK1 all star by my aunt and joined a basketball camp. I remember it was the playoff series between the Suns and Lakers where Kobe hit that infamous game winner. I was at the camp when it happened and was just hearing about it from other ppl talking about it. I couldn’t wait to go home, and when I did, I was glued to the tv watching replays and highlights of that game. I couldn’t stop talking about it to my relatives. Wearing his shoes made me feel like I can do things I couldn’t. I would look at my shoes and try to do stuff he does, I didn’t care what no one else thought. Man, Even though they lost that series, that moment will forever be in my heart. RIP to Kobe, Gigi and the others involved in the crash.

DED1B89E-3CFC-4054-8652-A2B346A47758.jpeg

Never in my life would I think someone I didn’t know could impact me like this.

Same here.

I'm a life long Celtics fan but I grew up idolizing Kobe. Bought his sneakers, jersey and collected his cards.

It's crazy how deeply this hit me when I heard the news today. Its still feels unreal to me. I still can't believe that Kobe and his daughter is gone.

🙏🏼

What made Kobe's rise to greatness interesting is that it took him some time to reach that level. He wasn't a can't-miss prospect coming out of the draft. A lot of great prospects came into the league and averaged 20+ right away and you knew they were going to be elite. It wasn't like that for Kobe, it took him a few years. Can you imagine the reaction in today's social media age if a rookie who averaged 7 pts/game in limited minutes came in and airballed all those shots in a playoff game? Everyone would have written his career off completely.

Kobe kept improving and became All-Star caliber and then eventual MVP and all-time great.

I remember Kobe starting in his first ASG and he wasn't even the starter on his own team that season. Probably the only time in nba history that a bench player became an all star starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom