THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O wow didn’t know this. But if there’s a bag log in the air because of traffic or weather I’m sure they would prob have to wait. I’m prob just sick and in disbelief. Just would have hoped Kobe would have drove to game.

you can pick up your clearance 30 min before you’re scheduled to leave, and then it’s also good for 2 hours after you receive your clearance. So if they were leaving at a hypothetical time of 10am, you could pick up your clearance at 930. If you were rushed for time, you could file for something like 9am, pick it up at 830, and it would still be valid until 11am. There could be a backlog, but you would find that out when you pick it up and then relay that information to the passengers.

however, after listening to the atc communications, they weren’t on an instrument flight plan, which would allow them to fly in the clouds. They received special permission from atc to closer to the clouds than what the standard cloud clearance regulations allow (but still not in them).

you can pick up your clearance 30 min before you’re scheduled to leave, and then it’s also good for 2 hours after you receive your clearance. So if they were leaving at a hypothetical time of 10am, you could pick up your clearance at 930. If you were rushed for time, you could file for something like 9am, pick it up at 830, and it would still be valid until 11am. There could be a backlog, but you would find that out when you pick it up and then relay that information to the passengers.

however, after listening to the atc communications, they weren’t on an instrument flight plan, which would allow them to fly in the clouds. They received special permission from atc to closer to the clouds than what the standard cloud clearance regulations allow (but still not in them).
Let's say you were the pilot and you got stuck in the fog waiting for clearance. Just curious, what would you have done differently? What could've saved their lives?

I read something where LAPD choppers were grounded during that time because of heavy fog conditions.

Someone should've advised Kobe and his pilot not to fly today or at the very least wait til skies were clear.

From what I read, Gigi's game wasn't til 2pm. They left the airport at 9am. They shoulda drove or waited. This could've been prevented imo.

This tragedy will never sink in

What made Kobe's rise to greatness interesting is that it took him some time to reach that level. He wasn't a can't-miss prospect coming out of the draft. A lot of great prospects came into the league and averaged 20+ right away and you knew they were going to be elite. It wasn't like that for Kobe, it took him a few years. Can you imagine the reaction in today's social media age if a rookie who averaged 7 pts/game in limited minutes came in and airballed all those shots in a playoff game? Everyone would have written his career off completely.

Kobe kept improving and became All-Star caliber and then eventual MVP and all-time great.

Disagree with some of what you said.
1. he was the first guard drafted outta HS
2. I strongly believe if he wasn't discriminated on his age and gotten more minutes, his rookie and second year numbers would be easily better. 1st year, he would easily average 15+ and second year, he would averaged 20+. If this was in the social media era, Kobe would have gotten the keys to franchise.

84466910_255344692099766_4071200103799592818_n.jpg

My MAGA coworker just sent us a messed up message in our work group chat and I may have to put hands on this clown at work tomorrow . This clown had the nerve to say “live by the gun by the gun.” Like this is Kobe’s fault and he shared a meme with a picture of Kobe that said it took 41 years for him to learn how to pass. If this dude isn’t fired I’m knocking him out first thing tomorrow morning.

Let's say you were the pilot and you got stuck in the fog waiting for clearance. Just curious, what would you have done differently? What could've saved their lives?

it’s easy for me to say what I would have done knowing the result... but I wasn’t in that same situation. I would like to think I would have just turned around and dropped them off at van nuys and have them get transportation from there. Going into a mountainous area with low ceilings doesn’t sound inviting to me. Usually, it’s not just one thing that causes the crash, it is a series of events that create it.

I’ll preface this with this: I’m not well versed in the helicopter world versus the airplane rules, and I don’t know what school they were going to. However. part of the reason why it’s possible (doesn’t make it right) as to why they didn’t want to fly in the clouds on an instrument flight rules plan is that in order to fly on one, you need to land at a destination with an airport with instrument approaches (when it is forecast to have poor weather).

edit: just read they were supposed to land at an airport near the mamba academy, and then take a car there.... so that last part probably doesn’t apply.

Last edited:
Never in my life would I think someone I didn’t know could impact me like this.
Man I was like this until Juan Gabriel passed. For y’all that don’t know that’s the Michael Jackson of Mexico.

That’s my moms and gmas favorite artist and off the strength one of my favorite artist. When news broke my phone was getting blown up. Broke my heart telling my Mom her favorite artist passed. Same feeling today but I’m on the other end.

My MAGA coworker just sent us a messed up message in our work group chat and I may have to put hands on this clown at work tomorrow . This clown had the nerve to say “live by the gun by the gun.” Like this is Kobe’s fault and he shared a meme with a picture of Kobe that said it took 41 years for him to learn how to pass. If this dude isn’t fired I’m knocking him out first thing tomorrow morning.

imma need those detectives form dont **** with cats to do some investigations on your coworker and bring up his past transgressions so he can be fired. wtf is wrong with morons?

Man I was like this until Juan Gabriel passed. For y’all that don’t know that’s the Michael Jackson of Mexico.

That’s my moms and gmas favorite artist and off the strength one of my favorite artist. When news broke my phone was getting blown up. Broke my heart telling my Mom her favorite artist passed. Same feeling today but I’m on the other end.

Basketball and music are my 2 biggest loves in life. Kobe and Prince were the catalyst for both of those. Both taken too soon from us.
I was a wreck when Prince died but this one has me feeling empty and is hitting way harder.

This is what’s getting me fellas 😔
B2CDF283-8EF7-4E64-B731-FFE7529DEDF4.jpeg
1580107960799.png

Yea man. been rocking the lock screen since I got the news.

This **** hitting me in all type of ways because I was lucky to survive a traumatic car accident a few weeks ago.

I’m lucky to have life and to still be here for my babygirl.

I gotta live my life to the fullest because I’m so ****ing lucky to still be breathing.

RIP Mamba and Gigi

You've said worse in this very thread man lol.

it’s easy for me to say what I would have done knowing the result... but I wasn’t in that same situation. I would like to think I would have just turned around and dropped them off at van nuys and have them get transportation from there. Going into a mountainous area with low ceilings doesn’t sound inviting to me. Usually, it’s not just one thing that causes the crash, it is a series of events that create it.

I’ll preface this with this: I’m not well versed in the helicopter world versus the airplane rules, and I don’t know what school they were going to. However. part of the reason why it’s possible (doesn’t make it right) as to why they didn’t want to fly in the clouds on an instrument flight rules plan is that in order to fly on one, you need to land at a destination with an airport with instrument approaches (when it is forecast to have poor weather). If your landing at a school, they probably couldn’t file instrument, as I doubt any school has such a feature.
I was following you but got confused at the very end.

I hope you guys get paid enough for this ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom