THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind me asking, M Mark Antony , how? And I'm not arguing with you, and I have no intentions of arguing with you. Yes, I read the quote about the white moderate, who abides by a false timeline for black people to fight, and in a manner that the white moderate deems acceptable. Is it that part? That Drew's expression of 'Everyone stand for the flag, dammit!' was the white moderate deeming Kaep's kneeling unacceptable?

I'm pretty sure that's it, but I want to make sure that's what you're saying, if that's what you're saying.

Seems you understand it enough to not ask. See also:

i was taught there’s always three things you can do in life.

Do right, do wrong or do nothing. Only one of those options actually helps. And when it comes to racism it’s a lot of racists in this country doing wrong and it’s a lot of clueless and ignorant white people like Drew Brees doing nothing. Both are extremely harmful.

Its not just enough to not do wrong cause doing nothing isn’t helping either

So you just gonna...

...alright, cool, cool.

giphy.gif

We all have our triggers, right? We all have our thing that we have a soft spot in our hearts for.

Sexual misconduct has always been it for me, for reasons I will most likely never, ever dive into on here. As an adult, the various forms of child abuse I see so prevalent in our society became a trigger for me, but sexual misconduct as always been an emotional trigger for me, even as a young boy.
On a SLIGHTLY related note
After u answer this I’ll drop it
To not derail the thread
But I’d just like to know what u think

u believe in the pizza gate thing
And/or the adrenochrome conspiracy

Quinn Cook gonna “test positive” for COVID and get replaced by KD or Kyrie...

I see where this is headed...

The league office has discussed the possibility with its teams that there could be a requirement that those players replaced for COVID-19 or injury would become ineligible to return for the balance of this season, sources said.

Front office and union officials are expecting players who test positive to be quarantined for a minimum of seven days -- and possibly 10-to-14 -- based on several factors, sources tell ESPN.

While the Brooklyn Nets are expected to have the option to sign players to fill the roster spots for the season-ending injuries to Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, sources said, teams don't anticipate that there would be much sense in replacing a key player who tests positive for the coronavirus.

For one thing, there would be an opportunity to play without him, quarantine, and if symptom-free, hope he could return before the team had been eliminated. And unless it's a player on the distant end of the playing rotation, it's hard to imagine the kind of available replacement players who'd be worth flying to Orlando, quarantining for a week and indoctrinating into a new team instead of waiting on an asymptomatic Covid-19 positive player to be cleared to return to the lineup.

Ahem newsflash, that is racism.

"Denial is the heartbeat of racism, beating across ideologies, races, and nations. It is beating within us. Many of us who strongly call out Trump’s racist ideas will strongly deny our own. How often do we become reflexively defensive when someone calls something we’ve done or said racist? How many of us would agree with this statement: “ ‘Racist’ isn’t a descriptive word. It’s a pejorative word. It is the equivalent of saying, ‘I don’t like you.’ ” These are actually the words of White supremacist Richard Spencer, who, like Trump, identifies as “not racist.” How many of us who despise the Trumps and White supremacists of the world share their self-definition of “not racist”?

What’s the problem with being “not racist”? It is a claim that signifies neutrality: “I am not a racist, but neither am I aggressively against racism.” But there is no neutrality in the racism struggle. The opposite of “racist” isn’t “not racist.” It is “antiracist.” What’s the difference? One endorses either the idea of a racial hierarchy as a racist, or racial equality as an antiracist. One either believes problems are rooted in groups of people, as a racist, or locates the roots of problems in power and policies, as an antiracist. One either allows racial inequities to persevere, as a racist, or confronts racial inequities, as an antiracist. There is no in-between safe space of “not racist.” The claim of “not racist” neutrality is a mask for racism. This may seem harsh, but it’s important at the outset that we apply one of the core principles of antiracism, which is to return the word “racist” itself back to its proper usage. “Racist” is not—as Richard Spencer argues—a pejorative. It is not the worst word in the English language; it is not the equivalent of a slur. It is descriptive, and the only way to undo racism is to consistently identify and describe it—and then dismantle it. The attempt to turn this usefully descriptive term into an almost unusable slur is, of course, designed to do the opposite: to freeze us into inaction."
- Ibram X. Kendi

I'm reminded of something Meth said to me when him & I were discussing something completely different than the conversation earlier. Even though what he messaged me is a different topic, it's still relevant to what you just said:

"Our moderation team cannot get into the business of adjudicating when it is and isn't appropriate for someone to take offense to something."

Basically what he & I were taking about was the notion that we can't have people saying certain things because those things are irresponsible at best and just dangerous at worst. Now, anyone who's been on here and paid attention to Meth for a given amount of time knows how he rocks: just because he's making it clear to me and the rest of the moderation team that we can't... well, you read the quote... that doesn't mean he's going to allow people to just be blatantly chauvinist, sexist, racist, or otherwise bigoted. We all know he's just straight up not going to let that rock. But as far as things that toe the line and seem irresponsible and really boil down to the fact that most of us on the entire forum just plain don't like what someone said that we're calling irresponsible and insensitive: It's very important to Meth that we not get in the business of suppressing those things, but it's also very important to him that natural consequences play out among your peers if you're being irresponsible around them or insensitive to them.

(And before anyone gets any funny ideas about me trying to duck him by not tagging him: you guys have no idea how much he gets tagged and messaged every single day. I really try to keep him out of conversations if it's really just a matter of him needing to give a virtual thumbs up.)
For those interested in context, I believe I was referring to all the complaints about people who felt racism was being discussed or alleged "where it didn't belong."

If you're invoking this to suggest that buc em shouldn't be removed from the thread just because he doesn't understand how racism works and wanted to throw out the allegation, fine.
He can be banned for everything else.

Maybe buc em is still learning how to express himself politically
He can learn someplace else.

take out trash.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom