THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is Mike’s face like that? He be having the weirdest smiles and expressions

like this one
1594089127884.jpeg

Cancel the NBA season.

New talking point.

Why guys not getting paid ****. Most famous superstars in the world. Getting pittance compared to their value to the team. Guys like Bron and Steph should be getting blank checks.

NFL gets 6 billion annually from their TV deal with far less games

NBA gets 2.7 billion annually from their TV deal

Why guys not getting paid ****. Most famous superstars in the world. Getting pittance compared to their value to the team. Guys like Bron and Steph should be getting blank checks.
The problem with the NBA is that the rank and file get paid way too much. The stars are underpaid. LeBron should be making at least $50 million/year, if not $75 million. At least NBA stars can easily supplement it with endorsements.

NFL superstars aka QBs get paid a **** ton but to the point dmbrhs dmbrhs alluded to, the NFL also has a hard cap. If Bron, Steph, Giannis, etc were to get blank checks then the league median salary would drop something crazy. In the NBA, everybody eats.

NFL superstars aka QBs get paid a **** ton but to the point dmbrhs dmbrhs alluded to, the NFL also has a hard cap. If Bron, Steph, Giannis, etc were to get blank checks then the league median salary would drop something crazy. In the NBA, everybody eats.

With the NFL, quarterbacks feast and basically everyone else is underpaid. Running backs are more or less battle fodder now.

NFL gets 6 billion annually from their TV deal with far less games

NBA gets 2.7 billion annually from their TV deal

And, yet, the NFL players reap none of those rewards. Non-guaranteed contracts, prove-it deals left and right. It's a joke.

The reason so many role players get paid big money is the NBA's dumb max contract system. They have to spend a certain percentage of the cap. If they can't pay a star more than X dollars, they have to throw that money at someone else who is undeserving.

If they can't pay a star more than X dollars, they have to throw that money at someone else who is undeserving.

They don’t HAVE to throw that money at someone else, though. They just choose to and that’s why bad teams stay bad.

I guess it would stop dudes from teaming up, though?

There is no way Donald isn't tweeting his own stuff. It's too deranged. And this goes back long before being Prez.

Watching the Starbary doc now, Prime KG/Ray in Minny would've been something. Props to Steph for opening up about everything

They don’t HAVE to throw that money at someone else, though. They just choose to and that’s why bad teams stay bad.

I guess it would stop dudes from teaming up, though?

They kind of do, though. The new CBA increased the cap floor to 90%. Teams had money to spend, and had to hit a higher threshold. If you can't pay a star more than a certain amount, you gotta spend it elsewhere. Hence, the new wave of dumb contracts signed since. Owners can't get get out of their own way on this stuff. It's a new decade, but nothing has changed. I fully expect another wave of amnesties in the next CBA. At least they're not handing out 7-year, $120-million deals anymore.

Well this ruins everything. Midas whale not post it in here anymore.

Trump better not ever say somebody types his **** for him. We need some honest true genuine foolishness.
Magic tweets def his own words/opinions...Yo just summons somebody with a $100 bill to type it out for him :lol:

They kind of do, though. The new CBA increased the cap floor to 90%. Teams had money to spend, and had to hit a higher threshold. If you can't pay a star more than a certain amount, you gotta spend it elsewhere. Hence, the new wave of dumb contracts signed since. Owners can't get get out of their own way on this stuff. It's a new decade, but nothing has changed. I fully expect another wave of amnesties in the next CBA. At least they're not handing out 7-year, $120-million deals anymore.

Ahhh I didn’t consider the floor. Great call. I still don’t think that means you have to give out long-term deals that would require being amnestied in the future but I certainly stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out.

Whitlock actually used to be good. He appears to be searching for a paycheck like Iron Mike was once searching for his mouth guard, though.

Ahhh I didn’t consider the floor. Great call. I still don’t think that means you have to give out long-term deals that would require being amnestied in the future but I certainly stand corrected. Thank you for pointing that out.

Amnesties was a bit of an exaggeration. But, there will be problems in the next CBA, mainly due to "player empowerment" era stuff. I can see owners putting the clamps on trade requests (forfeiting portions of salaries), minimum contract lengths (no one and ones with a player option). It's going to get really ugly.

Amnesties was a bit of an exaggeration. But, there will be problems in the next CBA, mainly due to "player empowerment" era stuff. I can see owners putting the clamps on trade requests (forfeiting portions of salaries), minimum contract lengths (no one and ones with a player option). It's going to get really ugly.
Don't think it will be that bad.

Ironically a reason for player empowerment is the owners wanted to stop giving six and seven year deals. Now we have players changing teams every three to four years, if not faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom