THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are definitely going to try and hammer the players with a hard cap and/or franchise tag like thing in the next CBA.

Don't think it will be that bad.

Ironically a reason for player empowerment is the owners wanted to stop giving six and seven year deals. Now we have players changing teams every three to four years, if not faster.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I just think the next CBA negotiations (2023 at the earliest, if this season doesn't disintegrate) will be wild.

Whitlock actually used to be good. He appears to be searching for a paycheck like Iron Mike was once searching for his mouth guard, though.

He was always a clown. Just coming to light more now. When was he ever good?

I am saying it now, so you can all quote me on that once the NBA finals are over: Vince Carter should have gone to the Lakers either during free agency of 2019 or once the season for the Hawks was ended! I do not see him being worse than JR Smith right now, maybe except for his quickness! Would have been a perfect ending to his carrer!

lww1ni9dxc951.jpg

s4n0iz8m1e951.png

Don't think it will be that bad.

Ironically a reason for player empowerment is the owners wanted to stop giving six and seven year deals. Now we have players changing teams every three to four years, if not faster.

and I personally hate that. Team hopping is whack to me. Especially when buying a jersey. I don’t own any current playerMs jersey, because i know chances are they’ll be gone.

7 year deals were a good/bad thing. Most players broke down before or in the middle of that contract.

LeFinessence

I loved it. I live by this qYou’re. I’ve slept great ever since.

@dcallamerican

Whitlock needs a psych evaluation, pronto.

he’s dangerous. Sad. Nothing worse than a house Negro. I knew he lacked sense when he was campaigning for his old college teammate Jeff George to be considered for the Hall of Fame.

The problem with the NBA is that the rank and file get paid way too much. The stars are underpaid. LeBron should be making at least $50 million/year, if not $75 million. At least NBA stars can easily supplement it with endorsements.

no athlete should be making that much. I do believe there should be a hard cap on salaries across the board in sports.

If anything a lot of that money to be paid out

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I just think the next CBA negotiations (2023 at the earliest, if this season doesn't disintegrate) will be wild.
I think when Disney/Turner overpaid for the current TV contract, the teams and players got so fat everything got glossed over during the last negotiations.

But the TV landscape has changed so we'll see what happens in a few years.
and I personally hate that. Team hopping is whack to me. Especially when buying a jersey. I don’t own any current playerMs jersey, because i know chances are they’ll be gone.

7 year deals were a good/bad thing. Most players broke down before or in the middle of that contract.
I feel that way sometimes myself.

no athlete should be making that much. I do believe there should be a hard cap on salaries across the board in sports.

If anything a lot of that money to be paid out
Please expound as to why. Because I vehemently disagree with this. Athletes should be making MORE than what they're getting now via the respective CBA's

This kind of thing isn't even up for discussion. The owners don't drive the revenue, the athletes do.

I'm'a hear him out. I can't imagine what could be said to support that athletes shouldn't be paid that much, but I'm definitely about letting people speak for themselves, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom