THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B0DF05AE-8951-4BDC-AB66-0A1762FA222C.jpeg

Y’all still hyping Melo huh?
:rofl:Cool
Trying to disguise basic Melo highlights with hate me now instrumental is comical
Y’all still beasting Melo
:rofl:

niceshoes247 niceshoes247 I expect you to have that form filled out before tip-off of the Blazers next game

If you have a history of speaking out against injustice and your players/teammates know of it then I'm cool with you not kneeling like Pop did. Dude has publicly spoken about inequality in America.

That's where he differs from Isaac's decision not to kneel. Dude started on some Jesus ramble but he never spoke out against social injustice before so he doesn't merit the same respect.

He even invited his teammates to watch him preach 2 years ago and not a single person shows up which leads me to believe dude has always been alienating towards his teammates.

Serious question...

What does it really mean to do this? Perhaps more so now than EVER...it is not daring at all to be outspoken against the "leader of the free world".

A "George Bush does not care about Black people" type of moment which drew SOOOO much shock and awe back in 05...would mean absolutely jack **** today.

Rich, old, white men in positions of power have been the least likely to say anything about Trump. Not to mention someone that is a legend in Texas, a.k.a. Trump Country.

Is it daring? No. But the why aren't more of them doing it? Pop has been vocal from the jump with zero damns given. That's gotta count for something, IMO.

Rich, old, white men in positions of power have been the least likely to say anything about Trump. Not to mention someone that is a legend in Texas, a.k.a. Trump Country.

Is it daring? No. But the why aren't more of them doing it? Pop has been vocal from the jump with zero damns given. That's gotta count for something, IMO.

Count for what? Are we operating on social credit? I'm not patting anyone white on the back for being outspoken against this president or if some of his politics may align with mine. It costs Pop absolutely nothing. The man that put him on even said so.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 2.17.43 AM.png

Go google what he thinks about George Bush.

Every time somebody white say some fly **** we like we just rush to shoot them bail whenever. The "**** Trump" card isn't all that exciting to me...and it never really was.

Count for what? Are we operating on social credit? I'm not patting anyone white on the back for being outspoken against this president or if some of his politics may align with mine. It costs Pop absolutely nothing. The man that put him on even said so.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 2.17.43 AM.png

Go google what he thinks about George Bush.

Every time somebody white say some fly **** we like we just rush to shoot them bail whenever. The "**** Trump" card isn't all that exciting to me...and it never really was.

Ehh, it isn’t like Pop said one thing and now everyone is giving him a pass. He has a history.

Do you though.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or off base but it seems like the message of Black Lives Matter is becoming diluted.

When Colin Kaepernick first kneeled, he put his entire career on the line. He eventually lost his job, sponsorships, and will likely never play in the NFL again.

Fast forward four years and no athlete, coach, celebrity, etc. is losing a dollar if they kneel during the national athem or say **** Donald Trump. There's no longer a risk in associating yourself with those messages.

While the actual act of treating black people as equals is somehow still controversial, commercially it's not at all. A multi-billion dollar organization like the NBA is not putting Black Lives Matter front and center on every broadcast if it was any risk to their revenue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong or off base but it seems like the message of Black Lives Matter is becoming diluted.

When Colin Kaepernick first kneeled, he put his entire career on the line. He eventually lost his job, sponsorships, and will likely never play in the NFL again.

Fast forward four years and no athlete, coach, celebrity, etc. is losing a dollar if they kneel during the national athem or say **** Donald Trump. There's no longer a risk in associating yourself with those messages.

While the actual act of treating black people as equals is somehow still controversial, commercially it's not at all. A multi-billion dollar organization like the NBA is not putting Black Lives Matter front and center on every broadcast if it was any risk to their revenue.

Was just talking to my brother about how I've become not that comfortable with Adam Silver's control and what feels like exploitation of the cause in this manner.

His response was "Adam Silver is the devil" :lol:

You are 100% correct. There’s still companies tweeting black lives matter yet are giving black people token interview appearances just to throw their applications away. The message has pretty much been commandeered and become a trend.

The kneeling doesn't really mean anything now cause there's no sacrifice or anything to lose by doing it in this moment. It's become the norm for the majority unlike in 2016-17. Pop has said and done more than enough for a symbolic gesture.
All of this

You are 100% correct. There’s still companies tweeting black lives matter yet are giving black people token interview appearances just to throw their applications away. The message has pretty much been commandeered and become a trend.

Yall know what's hilarious to me??

Publications like NYT would write articles like there's not enough diversity in tech but when there's something passed to stop all the H1-Bs from coming in and to hopefully help those get those highly sought out positions in those tech companies lacking underrepresented miniorities, all of sudden they forgot all about that and write about how much we need to keep status quo. Nothing but virtue signaling.

Co-option 101

Was just chatting with a friend about the fact Ben Wallace isn't in the basketball hall of fame and Mitch Richmond is. It's flat-out absurd. I guess all you have to do is score a lot (and have zero playoff success) and have people like you to be in the hall.

Wild disrespectful.

4x DPOY as an undersized 5 in a legit big man era.

- NBA champion
- All NBA teams
- All star appearances

He shoulda been 1st ballot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom