THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
29DC0800-5800-43B4-9A7A-59EA89AE94A7.gif

Oooh, Mike....why you do this :smh:. Clearly, the man was DRUNK. Ignore

22995E05-764D-4A93-B571-464FFA4472D0.jpeg

4963B708-5D4F-4D90-B805-39BB08C2FB3F.jpeg

56162432-6156-4121-BB0E-847BE0AB7C0A.jpeg

F3B48C32-1013-4284-B86D-E6CA22290A72.jpeg

10CE0C81-BF2F-4514-90A4-CC33E36D4E73.jpeg

Bonus.....

2A9300C7-B5D0-4595-832D-2F58D977BB78.jpeg

full

tenor.gif

Its bad enough though. Already having knee injury at the beginning of his rookie season gives me fear that Zion might be less of a LeBron, Shaq or MJ but rather a Derrick Rose :frown:
I really hope he fully recovers and won't have such injuries anymore.
I agree surgery is bad.

I'm alluding to the pelicans initial injury report where they said 'Serious injury ruled out. Zion thought to miss a period of weeks.'

If they had said it 'possible torn meniscus, awaiting further evaliation' it would've saved fantasy players and also ppl who have bought tickets to see the Pels within the time frame Zion is in recovery, some trouble.

Their injury reporting seems shady, like they were delaying revealing how serious it was until the last possible second.

Just as a fan, I want completely transparent injury reporting.

Last edited:
Right. Still rather fork up that money for a guy with upside vs a guy on a decline tho. Ainge is banking on Brown’s potential here, otherwise he’d never give up 100m especially given his production so far in his career

I get it, that being said, if it's based off of potential, then the contract should have been similar to Buddy Heild with incentives. I honestly think it's because Brown was the #3 pick. If we were the 20th pick, we would not have seen this number.

That's just my thought

How'd it go from 'serious injury ruled out. Zion should be back in a period of weeks' to 'Zion had knee surgery for a torn meniscus. Should be back in 8 weeks.'
Every report said they were also approaching this with an “abundance of caution.” Two months is right in line with that. I imagine he’ll return to practice well before that.

They’re going to sit him for just about anything this year.

Top 25? Think he'd have a solid top 10 argument if he leads a 3rd different franchise to a title
The regular season stats and the longevity argument will counter a lot of that. Top 25 isn't how I personally feel but I'm catering to the consensus for this one for the time being.

Most people in this thread are anti-Wardell, so they will believe whatever they want to believe.
I'm as anti-Wardell as the next guy but I'm not gonna lie or be disingenuous. Whether you like him or not you have to respect him.

He revolutionized basketball with his high volume 3 pt shooting (he showed that a small, unathletic guard can dominate the NBA), he didn't complain about his contract when he was winning MVPs while making $10m (could have very easily made it a distraction and he didn't), he was willing to recruit and defer to another superstar (Durant) when he could have easily let his ego take over (he was coming off of a unanimous MVP for Christ's sake).

All of that is aside from his accomplishments. He's top 12 for sure. LOL at him not being a top 25 or a HOFer. Jordan is back on the sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom