THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kawhi got that Larry O' B...twice
it's not a small sample size, he seizes those opportunities more times that not
harden laid bricks in gm 7 and folded again running it back the yr after

He wasnt even the best player during that Spurs run .

That was closer to an Andre Igoudala MVP than a LeBron one.

If only Harden had the luxury of going 16/40 the last two games of a series .

He wasnt even the best player during that Spurs run .

That was closer to an Andre Igoudala MVP than a LeBron one.

If only Harden had the luxury of going 16/40 the last two games of a series .

he has the luxury of going for 10+ turnovers when his team needs him the most
or get closed out at home vs a kawhi less spurs and being outplayed by dejounte murray in his rookie yr. did they get beat by 40?

If you trying to win a chip, and build a team right now, you'd pick Harden before any of those guys?
As currently constructed?with what Houston has?
Harden is the only one who can bring them remotely close. With the way things are set up the rockets can afford their star player to “load manage “

LeBron at his age, Curry and Kawhi i dont think can go a full season . I can see Kawhi aging terribly if he has to load manage this early into the season

he has the luxury of going for 10+ turnovers when his team needs him the most
or get closed out at home vs a kawhi less spurs and being outplayed by dejounte murray in his rookie yr
Yes that was also the last series he did play kn the west for 2 years.he didnt even play the next series because he was hurt. He didnt even play the whole year after that cause he was hurt .

I would rather have the guy who is actually playing .

Wasnt that also when his team then needed him the most? He wasnt even physically with them.

His turnover rate is on par with/better than many of the greatest point guards in league history, his points per shot is on par with/better than many of the greatest scorers in league history.

Saying anything about his offense is entirely missing the point when the team had a 114 offensive rating against Warriors and still lost.

Period.

You do know how "turnover rate" is calculated, right? You do know that in theory if all a player did is chuck bricks from mid-court literally throughout the entire game, as long as they counted as FGAs and not turnovers, then every one of those bricks are helping his "turnover rate", effectively making it 0%.

In 1989-90, Muggsy Bogues averaged 10.7 assists on an astonishingly low 1.8 turnovers. Yet his "turnover rate" was clearly higher than Harden's current one.

It's really simple. Regular season Harden is a different player than playoff Harden whatever spectacular version of the MVP hunting one fails to consistently show up in the playoffs. It doesn't matter the circumstances as we've seen since basically the 2012 finals. When the pressure is on, the games pace slows down, the referees call the game differently, the opposing team is missing its best player; one thing is certain...Harden will find a way to blow that cash and come up small in the critical moments.

When the pressure is on, the games pace slows down, the referees call the game differently, the opposing team is missing its best player; one thing is certain...Harden will find a way to blow that cash and come up small in the critical moments.

This is the unfortunate truth. KD went down in the 3rd quarter of Game 5 with the score 68-65. 2:08 seconds left. The rockets lost that game and game 6. That’s when I had to jump off the bandwagon. He took 3 shots in the 4th.

When its all said and done for KD. He will be Hella under appreciated .

Had to come around the same time as Bron , made a bad marketing move to go to GSW. Never really had stans that supported him as much as the other great and a City 100% behind him. He burnt his bridge with OKC was never the guy for GSW.

Jim Harden is an Amazing basketball player and an even better person. He has the passion for life that very few people have. I am proud that we live in a time like this where we can witness his greatness off of the basketball court. He is single handedly keeping the local gentleman's clubs booming. It is one thing to be a great basketball player but to also be a humanitarian is unheard of. AMAZING.

If Durant never shredded his leg I think he had a good chance of getting to Lebby's tier. As it is, imo he is not there and it will be difficult post injury

I think there will be a sizable contingent always campaigning for him though down the road. After all his prime did somewhat overlap with the boom in this new information analytic age. People will look at his numbers and accomplishments in a positive light imo

I still can't get that image of KD's calf exploding when he tore his Achilles out of my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom