THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the latest Ryen Russillo podcast and he has Bill Simmons going over the Eastern conference over/unders. I love the annual "Bill Simmons convinces himself the Celtics are going to be good" podcast. Last year he said they'd win 67 games and make the Finals :lol:

"I love what I'm hearing about Tatum", "what if Brown takes a big step?", " Carson Edwards could be an impact player", " I'm glad they moved on from Horford",etc.

Imagine taking time out of your day to actually pay attention to Bill Simmons? Couldn't be me :lol:

D8F19AC6-B85A-4A76-BCCF-930993769935.jpeg

Soon.

Even outside the Boston stuff I don’t really like Simmons. I’ve said it before but he’s a self appointed guardian of basketball and is very smug about it, as well as any opinions he haves about anything else

Some of KD’s fave players are Lou will, Crawford, Drummond among others.

Drummond really ?

I get it, that being said, if it's based off of potential, then the contract should have been similar to Buddy Heild with incentives. I honestly think it's because Brown was the #3 pick. If we were the 20th pick, we would not have seen this number.

That's just my thought
His contract does have like $12M in incentives. He's also 4 years younger than Buddy and actually plays defense/can guard multiple positions. He just hasn't had the opportunity to put up 17 shots a game like Buddy, other than the 2018 playoffs when he was 21 years old putting up 18 and 5 on 47/39 splits.

The number is definitely way high for what he's done thus far, but they are paying him for what they think he can be when he's age 25-27. His contract now makes potential trades much easier too if they were to go that route.

Even outside the Boston stuff I don’t really like Simmons. I’ve said it before but he’s a self appointed guardian of basketball and is very smug about it, as well as any opinions he haves about anything else
His opinions suck and he flip flops all the time. He was pumping up Westbrook and saying that he hasn't played with a roster like this Houston one on his podcast after being one of the biggest anti-Russ guys over the past few years. Saying that he might start moving without the ball now :lol:. I listen for entertainment and guests, but I do not hold his basketball opinions as any different than any other TV show talking head.

His contract does have like $12M in incentives. He's also 4 years younger than Buddy and actually plays defense/can guard multiple positions. He just hasn't had the opportunity to put up 17 shots a game like Buddy, other than the 2018 playoffs when he was 21 years old putting up 18 and 5 on 47/39 splits.

The number is definitely way high for what he's done thus far, but they are paying him for what they think he can be when he's age 25-27. His contract now makes potential trades much easier too if they were to go that route.

You think jaylen Brown's contract is an attractive trade chip?

Just seen for the first time.....ESPN on the get up opened up with the playoffs should be reformatted to top 16......and Eastern Conference Finals don’t mean ****.

Real interesting how they do that NOW :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom