THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D57E13E3-860D-49BE-A8A5-0CD1604F9A3E.jpeg

If I was an nba owner who had Kawhi on my team I’d be living great and not be worrying about scheming to take his money

whos scheming who? Obviously the clippers are cool with him missing games so it’s a non issue in the short term, but for people that spend money on tickets it’s a huge issue that needs to be addressed.

Washed King Lebby the Great Playing more defense than he has the previous 5 years :lol:

Foreal.

Bron ain’t played this hard on both sides since 2016 finals.

Lakers start off every year hot though.

This year they have a team who believes they can win a chip and their best players feel like they have the most to prove (Bron, AD, Dwight)

Last year Chicago would have blown them out. Totally different energy now.

I can understand being tight that you spent money on a ticket to a game and then one of the best players isn’t even playing. I get it. Went to a Hawks game last year to see Dame thrash them and of course he dressed but didn’t play. I still enjoyed the game though.

At the end of the day, players don’t really owe fans a damn thing. That’s between management and the player. Don’t like it? Don’t buy a ticket. I can assure you there will be someone else willing to pay for that ticket.

Trying to compare being an elite NBA player to a regular *** dude at a job is kinda crazy, too. Last time I checked, I’m not bringing in millions of dollars for my job just by my very presence. If I was, I’d imagine my job would concede some sick days because the rewards outweigh the lost revenue from my load management days. :lol:

Lebron's triple doubles except the one against the Mavs have come against garbage teams and their wins have not been against the top teams and their one loss was against a top team,. So if I would be Shannon Sharpe and the other Lebron followers I would just stay low right now and wait until the next game against a major opponent!

It's like racing in a Porsche vs. a Skoda for the Lakers right now.

I can understand being tight that you spent money on a ticket to a game and then one of the best players isn’t even playing. I get it. Went to a Hawks game last year to see Dame thrash them and of course he dressed but didn’t play. I still enjoyed the game though.

At the end of the day, players don’t really owe fans a damn thing. That’s between management and the player. Don’t like it? Don’t buy a ticket. I can assure you there will be someone else willing to pay for that ticket.

Trying to compare being an elite NBA player to a regular *** dude at a job is kinda crazy, too. Last time I checked, I’m not bringing in millions of dollars for my job just by my very presence. If I was, I’d imagine my job would concede some sick days because the rewards outweigh the lost revenue from my load management days. :lol:

Yea not like most every team charges premium prices based on these high profile matchups. The consumer should have some recourse just as if a headliner would not show up to a concert. If he's hurt it's one thing. This 'load management' crap is healthy scratches.

It is ahead of time... They said from the get go that he wasn't going to play many back to backs. Idk what you dudes want. For him to risk his health for your amusement?

Also the Clippers truly do not care, load management just won the title last year. Are they supposed to care about a November game against the Bucks?

It is ahead of time... They said from the get go that he wasn't going to play many back to backs. Idk what you dudes want. For him to risk his health for your amusement?
I think the issue is that they led everyone to believe he would play every game he was available and not sit out for rest. They explicitly said it wasn't going to be how it was in Toronto knowing that wasn't true.

I think the issue is that they led everyone to believe he would play every game he was available and not sit out for rest. They explicitly said it wasn't going to be how it was in Toronto knowing that wasn't true.
Who actually believed that? We've already seen how Kawhi Leonard will react when he feels that his health isn't being taken seriously enough and I feel like I keep repeating it, but load management just won the title. It would a be losing trade for the Clippers to not do it.

Who actually believed that? We've already seen how Kawhi Leonard will react when he feels that his health isn't being taken seriously enough and I feel like I keep repeating it, but load management just won the title. It would a be losing trade for the Clippers to not do it.

Moving goal posts. You said they were transparent about it, they weren't, now you're saying it doesn't matter because people shouldn't believe the organization and Kawhi himself. You think that's valid? 'If you believe that lie I told you, that's on you'. I didn't believe it but that's because I looked into it. Up until like a month ago I actually thought the spurs did Kawhi dirty but come to find out they were in the right. I don't even think it's really even been publicized exactly what Kawhi's injury is and I think that's partly what uncle Dennis and them were trying to achieve. Obviously if you're trying to raise prices and sell season tickets you're not gonna jeopardize that if you can get away with it. I'm sure plenty of people believed what they were pushing. I mean just look at how many people just in these past few pages are confused about this situation

Last edited:
I seem to remember Doc saying that they weren't planning to load manage Kawhi "often". I never read anything that said they weren't going to at all.

I consider that being transparent yes. If you can find me something that said they weren't going to load manage at all then fine but I always thought it was going to be a part of the program and wouldn't have believed otherwise.

I seem to remember Doc saying that they weren't planning to load manage Kawhi "often". I never read anything that said they weren't going to at all.

I consider that being transparent yes. If you can find me something that said they weren't going to load manage at all then fine but I always thought it was going to be a part of the program and wouldn't have believed otherwise.

Bro you just said not to believe them anyway :lol:. But in that link it says they weren't going to rest him as much as the raptors did but so far they're doing just that. And they said he's healthier than last year which isn't true because the injury doesn't get better. You can watch Kawhi's interview and see what he said about it. They were all pretty vague about the whole thing. It's whatever, doesn't really concern me anyway

Yeah, I’m not really sweating Kawhi’s load management games. Sure I’d prefer he played, but it’s hard for me to be upset about it when it worked for him so well last year. I’ll take him missing some regular season games if it helps ensure he’ll be dominant in the playoffs.

And I also don’t buy the “he owes it to the fans” to play argument. Players miss games all the time for a lot of different reasons, so there is never any guarantee when you buy a ticket you’re going to get to see a particular player. It’s pretty well known at this point which guys are apt to miss games for rest, so if a fan is concerned about that, don’t buy a ticket to see those guys.

Bro you just said not to believe them anyway :lol:. But in that link it says they weren't going to rest him as much as the raptors did but so far they're doing just that. And they said he's healthier than last year which isn't true because the injury doesn't get better. You can watch Kawhi's interview and see what he said about it. They were all pretty vague about the whole thing. It's whatever, doesn't really concern me anyway
I said not to believe them if they said that there was going to be no load management. That would have been an INSANE statement

So if you own a business, you’d be cool paying your employees more money and they can take days off whenever they feel like it? Regarding the rest, how about reducing practice time vs missing actual games.
comparing the nba to a corporate job in 2019. I thought we stopped doing this

Kawhi is more valuable than mike in accounting at amazon.

whos scheming who? Obviously the clippers are cool with him missing games so it’s a non issue in the short term, but for people that spend money on tickets it’s a huge issue that needs to be addressed.
Again, I stated that I understand why people won’t agree with resting but taking a player’s money or suggesting as such is what’s weird to me. That goes for any line of work

It’s one thing to think someone is overpaid or what have you but another to say nah take part of his pay away

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE went from being a Kawhi fan, saying he’s better than LeBron, better than AD when he thought the Lakers would get him. To hating him and pretending to be mad at load management. Even tho he was one of the people saying not to believe the team when they said he wouldn’t miss games as often as last season :lol:

ACA in full swing :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom